**Illinois vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/2/20 - Noon - FS1**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be able to enjoy the super bowl until we settle this argument about why Illinois was mad so please hurry up
The argument is settled, trying to herd the group of tards back into line.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Yeah the real issue here is DWW (dunking while white).

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Iowa was shitty (for them) on offense for essentially 3 games. The second half of Rutgers, Wisconsin game, Maryland and first half of Illinois.

Not surprising as soon as Garza roared out of it with 11 points and then finished strong with 25 they finally looked normal again. Hopefully that stretch is over and they start really clicking again the next few games.
Would be nice to get good Kriener back and just a bucket or two each game from Bakari and Pemsl. I actually thought at one point Pemsl had a wide open lane in the first half and passed it up which was almost as dumb as some of his passes. Either that or had his man in the air and didn’t go up, I can’t remember for sure.

JoeW and Connor had some huge rebounds. Connor hitting shots opened up a bit more room for Garza to get work done. If they get good games from 4 guys, they are tough to beat. Today it was Connor instead of JoeT or Kriener.
Connor is 1000% right here.
This. Fuck that ref right in the ass, especially considering it was the same guy from the ISU game. I’m glad Connor is calling him out.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Can we take a moment to stop the Connor ball sucking to mention he made 2 of the dumbest decisions of the game?

The first was at the end of the first half when Iowa ran a perfect double screen for Fredrick and instead of throwing it to him for roughly a 50% chance at hitting a three, he instead threw it to Bakari for a 0% chance of a score.

Then in the second half late he had the ball and Fredrick WIDE OPEN again and he chose to chuck a three that was one of the worst bricks I have ever seen.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Can we take a moment to stop the Connor ball sucking to mention he made 2 of the dumbest decisions of the game?

The first was at the end of the first half when Iowa ran a perfect double screen for Fredrick and instead of throwing it to him for roughly a 50% chance at hitting a three, he instead threw it to Bakari for a 0% chance of a score.

Then in the second half late he had the ball and Fredrick WIDE OPEN again and he chose to chuck a three that was one of the worst bricks I have ever seen.
9 pts (3-5 shooting), 3 rbs, 7 assts, 3 stls, 0 turns.

So.... no?

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score

Is this a Muscatine thing? Because as much bitching as you do about him, you are almost an exact replica of Hassel.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
I've watched the replay of the ending about a dozen times, and Fran didn't do a fucking thing wrong. He was heading down the line for the regular hand shaking, and was met with barrage of anger and cussing. Fuck Illinois. Fran would have been derelict had he not done what he did to avoid a potential brawl. AFAIC, he avoided an ugly situation by telling his team to head to the locker room. Again, fuck Illinois.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
You ever coach? You can tell players things and they don't listen, especially ones that aren't particularly bright and tend to be frustrated.

They were pissed because they thought they were going to win and they lost to a team that stands right back up to them and talks shit to them, and to make it worse they are a bunch of dorky looking white guys.
They forget stuff all the time. Things like...'hey, let's go one trip of 1-3-1, then back to man. '

They don't forget...'hey guys, don't contest or foul here, this game is out of reach.'

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I've watched the replay of the ending about a dozen times, and Fran didn't do a fucking thing wrong. He was heading down the line for the regular hand shaking, and was met with barrage of anger and cussing. Fuck Illinois. Fran would have been derelict had he not done what he did to avoid a potential brawl. AFAIC, he avoided an ugly situation by telling his team to head to the locker room. Again, fuck Illinois.
If you have a coach on the other team actively yelling at your players, fuck that. Get out of there. 100% he was in the right.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be able to enjoy the super bowl until we settle this argument about why Illinois was mad so please hurry up
I said it was because they’re faggots hours ago so relax.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Anytime Fran has all of Garza, Wieskamp, Fredrick and Touissant on the bench at the same time, all we can hope for is the lineup on the floor doesn't get a big run put on 'em.

Cause a lineup of Evelyn-CMac-Till-Pemsl-Kriener is going to worry absolutely nobody, when needing to play defense.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Anytime Fran has all of Garza, Wieskamp, Fredrick and Touissant on the bench at the same time, all we can hope for is the lineup on the floor doesn't get a big run put on 'em.

Cause a lineup of Evelyn-CMac-Till-Pemsl-Kriener is going to worry absolutely nobody, when needing to play defense.
I was worried

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
If you have a coach on the other team actively yelling at your players, fuck that. Get out of there. 100% he was in the right.
To carry the point further, the coaches are there to calm the players down in that situation. If your assistant coaches are fired up, yelling at the other team's coach, that's only going to escalate the matter and the players will follow their lead. Fran acted appropriately.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score

It gives me the The Criminal chills.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
My only real Connor complaint is he acts like a bitch every single time a foul is called on him. He’s tough as hell otherwise.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I love how fucking tough these guys are in Carver this season - aside from the Depaul shitshow. They're doing what contenders do, win the home dates and play hard & snag what you can on the road.

All of the Michigan/Rutgers/Wisconsin & Illinois games in IC could (or would) have been losses in previous seasons. But not this one. Iowa is playing with the basic statement of "if you want to walk away a winner, then you are gonna have to come in here and take it cause we ain't handing you shit!".

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I love how fucking tough these guys are in Carver this season - aside from the Depaul shitshow. They're doing what contenders do, win the home dates and play hard & snag what you can on the road.

All of the Michigan/Rutgers/Wisconsin & Illinois games in IC could (or would) have been losses in previous seasons. But not this one. Iowa is playing with the basic statement of "if you want to walk away a winner, then you are gonna have to come in here and take it cause we ain't handing you shit!".
They’ve been tough for 2 years now. Off the top of my head from last year the Penn State road game, NW at home, both Indiana games and of course coming back from 25 down to force overtime against Tennessee.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm sure the love Cockburn, but it has been at the expense of Bezhanishvili. He was a stud last year and all his numbers are way down.

Reactions: BBK

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
I actually wondered if this reaction followed by the white guy dunking on them and then the interaction at the end (which I wouldn’t even call an elbow from Connor) led to the altercation.

Who cares. They’re whiney pussies who can’t take a team of people punching right back at their grabbing and hacking asses. Create a physical game and you should expect a team of non-pussies to stand tall and celebrate.

I never really expected to ever be able to type that about a Fran team. What a fun year.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Luka Garza is the absolute perfect college basketball player in this day and age, and one of the best bargains I can remember since we entered one and done era. Works his ass off, hits 3s, unstoppable on the block, mid range, defends, and likely a 4 year guy. There isn’t a single guy in the country you’d take over him. Pretty incredible what he has developed into at Iowa.