- Indiana vs Iowa. 1/21/21. 8:00pm. FS1 -

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Yep. That's just how it's going to be like it or not

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I was primed to bitch about the refs since I like to do it and the Packers/Hawks have clearly earned all their losses this year. Felt justified too. Then the shots kept clanging and my anger at the refs melted away.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Indiana played really strong defense and executed a perfect game plan to beat Iowa.

Indiana was athletic enough to double/triple Garza then bother the shooter. Yes, Iowa missed some open 3s, but the contest rate (if there is such a thing) was high last night.

The Tin Man

Reaction score
I was pissed all game at Indiana grabbing and holding the ball after all their basket makes, or alternatively throwing the ball to the ref. It was being done intentionally to stop transitions and slow the game. I’m surprised more wasn’t made of it by the players or Fran. It should be a technical foul for delay of game.

Skinny Skier

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I was pissed all game at Indiana grabbing and holding the ball after all their basket makes, or alternatively throwing the ball to the ref. It was being done intentionally to stop transitions and slow the game. I’m surprised more wasn’t made of it by the players or Fran. It should be a technical foul for delay of game.
Isn’t throwing the ball to the ref allowed?

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
They complained about it often. Refs didn’t care.

Skinny Skier

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Joe W. was 3-5 from 3 and Connor was 1-2. Everyone else was 1-16 and that was Luka's make in the last minute. That's just not gonna happen again. We got 10 more FGA than they did and the 2's evened out.
Except it already has happened this year. Why can’t it happen again?

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Keegan going out was pretty tough. The amount of contact on his last two fouls was pretty weak given what they didn't call. Regardless the last 11 minutes was simply not enough movement. You could hear Fran yelling about it like 5 times.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Sometimes I wake up pissed off after an Iowa loss. This was one of those times. They were on pace for 100 points, midway through the first half.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
One of my favorite things is the glazed, deer in the headlights, mouth agape look that overcomes Joe when a defender gets slightly red assed with him.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
“Too physical!” is the basketball fan equivalent of “the media!”

Victimhood/loser mentality
Physical basketball where the freedom of movement is restricted sucks. The media also sucks, especially Iowa sports media. Bad take Fritz and you should feel bad

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Honestly, this is probably the best way for him to handle it. Shrug it off and move on.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The notion that any of the off court stuff bohannon does is a detriment to his on the court abilities is retarded.

At the same time, if you want to play the cutesy troll game, people are going to get sick of your act when you struggle.

Doesn't bother me, but I don't see bohannon as some victim either.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran also looked a little confused once Fredrick got hurt and Murray got into foul trouble. He stuck with a lineup of Garza, bohannon who wasn't giving much, Patrick, Perkins and Nunge. They looked completely lost and he hung with those five for a bit.
I don't know why he didn't try playing Ulis in this stretch.