**Indiana vs Iowa Basketball, 2-28-23, 6:00PM ESPN2**

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Tony Perkins looked like a dead man walking earlier this year, but his attitude never changed. The guy was engaged all along even when it was clear he was frustrated in himself. Look at him now. Near triple doubles in each of the last two games. He carries himself in a manner I wish all players did. Ya love to see it.
This is inaccurate. I only bother to correct you because your version doesn’t give Tony the credit he deserves for working out of the funk he was in. I’m already on record here; most kids don’t have the guts to do what he did. They would have quit, transferred, etc. Tony showed big big balls this year. He deserves the credit

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He's clearly a bit lost. He doesn't know what his role is. He just wanders with the ball and dribbles aimlessly. It kills the flow when he gets into his dribble/drive move.
The difference between him and Sandfart is amazing. Everything Peyton does is aggressive and with some sort of purpose and he is efficient with his movement. Pat is the complete opposite and is almost impossible to play off of because you don't know what he is trying to do next because he doesn't fucking know.

It feels like 99% of the time we are up against the shot clock it is because Pat has killed 10 seconds dribbling to the free throw line, picking up his dribble and struggling to find an outlet.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
The difference between him and Sandfart is amazing. Everything Peyton does is aggressive and with some sort of purpose and he is efficient with his movement. Pat is the complete opposite and is almost impossible to play off of because you don't know what he is trying to do next because he doesn't fucking know.

It feels like 99% of the time we are up against the shot clock it is because Pat has killed 10 seconds dribbling to the free throw line, picking up his dribble and struggling to find an outlet.
It worked for him in high school when he was the tallest and highest basketball IQ out of the bunch. But when you get players who are more athletic, basketball savvy and know what their purpose is, it's rough. You can't dribble/drive to the hoop, without explosiveness, and expect that you're going to end up anywhere near the rim. On the positive side, he had a few good cuts tonight.

Last edited:

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
And the really F’n cool part about tonight, and Tony going off…..was the first game against them was right as Tony was hitting rock F’ing bottom. (The Michigan game was the absolute bottom.) But going off tonight, was a fun little redemption moment

Reaction score
Wait you can get a T for that? How did Marshall Henderson not get banned for life for this then?

I know this has been posted/discussed over the years but the detail of like 20 different ppl in this gif is amazing. I've watched like 100 times. I think my current favorite is the one black dude working security and the only one smiling other than the Grateful Dead fan looking announcer guy. "He's just letting these crackers have it"

It's like an unintentional Rembrandt. Just a masterpiece.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I know this has been posted/discussed over the years but the detail of like 20 different ppl in this gif is amazing. I've watched like 100 times. I think my current favorite is the one black dude working security and the only one smiling other than the Grateful Dead fan looking announcer guy. "He's just letting these crackers have it"

It's the greatest gif of all time.

Smiling black guy is my favourite as well

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I thought of that gif Saturday. I was hoping someone could photoshop rich courtside guy into Fran’s standoff.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
As an Iowa fan, good Perkins is all we've ever wanted.

We never land the 6'5" to 6'7" wings the best programs acquire. We get a 6'3" wing midget with a similar skillset who nobody wanted.

And he grinds his ass off. When he's engaged he's Rembrandt.

We rolled a REALLY good team tonight. We might lay another turd, but when we've got Kris, Tony, and Sandfart rolling there isn't a team in the country we can't beat

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Rebecca played a great game. Overmatched in every possible way but how can you hate on that fuck.

He gives a shit.

It's hard not to love this team. Look at their offers. Nobody wanted most of them. Yet here we are.

Fran.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Rebecca played a great game. Overmatched in every possible way but how can you hate on that fuck.

He gives a shit.

It's hard not to love this team. Look at their offers. Nobody wanted most of them. Yet here we are.

Fran.
By comparison Illinois has Meyer, Shannon, Hawkins, Epps etc. who a lot of people wanted and there’s still a chance they finish bottom 4 in the Big Ten while Iowa could get the 2 seed.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Chris Collins is going to win it, but if Iowa finishes second after losing Keegan, Fran is the big ten coach of the year. Picked in the bottom half (right?) and pulls a rabbit out with a squad that looked absolutely dead after the Penn State game. Incredible job.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Nebrantska is essentially sold out. Like 17 seats scattered around that aren't sold.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Nothing great in here. Apathy has set in:

--I can't believe the line is only 5.5. Indiana is a lot better, at home and I think Woodson really has this one circled. He's not a fan of Fran for some reason

--Listening to the Iowa pregame with one more I am a giant douche win Fran ties Tom Davis with career I am a giant douche victories. Extend that contract.

--Indiana needs to pull out the Wilson balls before it’s too late

--I really wouldn’t wanna play Iowa right now

--I'm going to be sick. Iowa will definitely be seeded better than us in the tourney. They'll beat Indiana, and we'll get absolutely roasted by Baylor. Then Iowa will probably win the I am a giant douche Tourney, and we'll be one and done in KC. Get the nut cups ready folks.

--They have some shooters.... we don't. Huge difference.

--And Iowa will try to sleepwalk through another first round matchup and lose first weekend... wash rinse repeat

--this is just salt in the wound. Iowa scores in a half what we do in a game.

--Fran is a good offensive coach. I don’t really care what anyone says about that because it’s obviously a fact.

--Meh, if anything that is a better setup for their eventual first weekend exit in the NCAA tournament.

--Iowa just laying waste to Indiana. But this Indiana defense is as bad as I've seen this entire year by anyone.

--They showed a stat in the first half that iowa had scored 79 pts in their last 23 min of play. Wow. Call it good O, poor D, lucky 3s..that's impressive.

--This game is already over. Race Thompson has 4 fouls now with 12 mins left.
Rebraca is 10x better than Shoon or Jones for us... that is huge for Iowa. He is very skilled inside. And then they have shooters, which we don't.

--Big 10 is probably not good enough for them to jump that much. The Quad 4 loss is a big anchor. This would be a quad 2 loss for Hoosiers

--I saw at some point they're the worst defense in that conference or close which typically catches up to teams when they get guarded.

--It will definitely be interesting to see how some of these I am a giant douche teams do in the tourney against teams that play defense. Indiana isn't even guarding Iowa half the time tonight... it's pathetic.

--Nope. They had a bracketology expert on radio today. Their metrics of quad one wins is not good.

--Yup. And are just as likely to piss it down their leg in the first round if they face a defensive/athletic team.

--If they win the Big Ten Tourney they'll get that seed. If they don't, probably 6/7.

--The McCafes have 0 and 2 points in this blow out?

--We would have definitely let Indiana back in this game with a chance to win it at the end. Iowa's going to win by 20+ most likely. Sorry... I'm just so ticked off about how our team looks right now.... no excuse for it.

--Gonna be great seeing a doofus badasss wannabe like Sandfort underperform in the NCAAs.

--They're playing pretty well rn. I'm a bit jealous, which is unfortunate.

--I just don't see it. They finally play well on the road in the 11th hour of the season and suddenly they are a juggernaut? Not buying it. This is the same team that got stomped twice last week, one of them being most likely a non tournament team. They will suddenly find themselves not hitting 48%from 3 one of these games and they'll lose to a Colgate or Liberty of some sort

--I 100% agree with you. I am just saying this year is a better chance to make a Sweet Sixteen for them due to the overall field not being as good. I still stand by if they face any sort of defense and athleticism, they're likely toast. Similar to us actually.

--Said it before when EIU is hitting their shots like they did tonight, and getting up and down the floor, they can play with anybody. 13 of 23 from three, hit 55.6% of their shots and were 17 of 25 from the FT line. They also out rebounded Indiana by 12. Their problem is that they will play great for a couple of games and look like total ******* for the next two games. But when they are rolling, they can be a tough out. We saw that when we played them in the morgue earlier this year.

--I don't disagree that when they're on they can hang with anyone. But...who have they beaten that is actually really good? Us? Not really good. Indiana? Good but really good? No. Northwestern? Illinois? Michigan State? Clemson? Michigan? Rutgers? Maryland? Their best win will be over a team that's likely a 5 seed (Indiana).

--Really no one, but they also have not played that many highly ranked teams, they gave Purdue all they wanted before losing to them on the road. They have a couple of nice pieces, I would love to have their center playing for us, and Murray is going to be a 1st round pick. They have some nice talent, but they have a coach that cares more about his sons getting playing time than the team winning games. Must be an Iowa City thing, because the football team has the same problem, only in coaching not playing now.

I still have not figured out how all the people picking the tournament love the B10, but boy, do they. Keep seeing 8 to 10 teams from that league is going to make the tournament, but then when they seed them outside of Purdue, they are all 5 and below.

--They should allow some more at large bids from the mountain west. They won't, but they should

--there is no way iowa doesnt make the sweet 16 this year

--Iowa shot lights out last night. Also it’s really weird Fran and the players have some weird kind of hate for Indiana. Woodson doesn’t seem like a bad dude.

--Sandfort looks like a kid they would use as an example of the look a director wants for casting extras to be nazi soldiers.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Nothing great in here. Apathy has set in:

--I can't believe the line is only 5.5. Indiana is a lot better, at home and I think Woodson really has this one circled. He's not a fan of Fran for some reason

--Listening to the Iowa pregame with one more I am a giant douche win Fran ties Tom Davis with career I am a giant douche victories. Extend that contract.

--Indiana needs to pull out the Wilson balls before it’s too late

--I really wouldn’t wanna play Iowa right now

--I'm going to be sick. Iowa will definitely be seeded better than us in the tourney. They'll beat Indiana, and we'll get absolutely roasted by Baylor. Then Iowa will probably win the I am a giant douche Tourney, and we'll be one and done in KC. Get the nut cups ready folks.

--They have some shooters.... we don't. Huge difference.

--And Iowa will try to sleepwalk through another first round matchup and lose first weekend... wash rinse repeat

--this is just salt in the wound. Iowa scores in a half what we do in a game.

--Fran is a good offensive coach. I don’t really care what anyone says about that because it’s obviously a fact.

--Meh, if anything that is a better setup for their eventual first weekend exit in the NCAA tournament.

--Iowa just laying waste to Indiana. But this Indiana defense is as bad as I've seen this entire year by anyone.

--They showed a stat in the first half that iowa had scored 79 pts in their last 23 min of play. Wow. Call it good O, poor D, lucky 3s..that's impressive.

--This game is already over. Race Thompson has 4 fouls now with 12 mins left.
Rebraca is 10x better than Shoon or Jones for us... that is huge for Iowa. He is very skilled inside. And then they have shooters, which we don't.

--Big 10 is probably not good enough for them to jump that much. The Quad 4 loss is a big anchor. This would be a quad 2 loss for Hoosiers

--I saw at some point they're the worst defense in that conference or close which typically catches up to teams when they get guarded.

--It will definitely be interesting to see how some of these I am a giant douche teams do in the tourney against teams that play defense. Indiana isn't even guarding Iowa half the time tonight... it's pathetic.

--Nope. They had a bracketology expert on radio today. Their metrics of quad one wins is not good.

--Yup. And are just as likely to piss it down their leg in the first round if they face a defensive/athletic team.

--If they win the Big Ten Tourney they'll get that seed. If they don't, probably 6/7.

--The McCafes have 0 and 2 points in this blow out?

--We would have definitely let Indiana back in this game with a chance to win it at the end. Iowa's going to win by 20+ most likely. Sorry... I'm just so ticked off about how our team looks right now.... no excuse for it.

--Gonna be great seeing a doofus badasss wannabe like Sandfort underperform in the NCAAs.

--They're playing pretty well rn. I'm a bit jealous, which is unfortunate.

--I just don't see it. They finally play well on the road in the 11th hour of the season and suddenly they are a juggernaut? Not buying it. This is the same team that got stomped twice last week, one of them being most likely a non tournament team. They will suddenly find themselves not hitting 48%from 3 one of these games and they'll lose to a Colgate or Liberty of some sort

--I 100% agree with you. I am just saying this year is a better chance to make a Sweet Sixteen for them due to the overall field not being as good. I still stand by if they face any sort of defense and athleticism, they're likely toast. Similar to us actually.

--Said it before when EIU is hitting their shots like they did tonight, and getting up and down the floor, they can play with anybody. 13 of 23 from three, hit 55.6% of their shots and were 17 of 25 from the FT line. They also out rebounded Indiana by 12. Their problem is that they will play great for a couple of games and look like total ******* for the next two games. But when they are rolling, they can be a tough out. We saw that when we played them in the morgue earlier this year.

--I don't disagree that when they're on they can hang with anyone. But...who have they beaten that is actually really good? Us? Not really good. Indiana? Good but really good? No. Northwestern? Illinois? Michigan State? Clemson? Michigan? Rutgers? Maryland? Their best win will be over a team that's likely a 5 seed (Indiana).

--Really no one, but they also have not played that many highly ranked teams, they gave Purdue all they wanted before losing to them on the road. They have a couple of nice pieces, I would love to have their center playing for us, and Murray is going to be a 1st round pick. They have some nice talent, but they have a coach that cares more about his sons getting playing time than the team winning games. Must be an Iowa City thing, because the football team has the same problem, only in coaching not playing now.

I still have not figured out how all the people picking the tournament love the B10, but boy, do they. Keep seeing 8 to 10 teams from that league is going to make the tournament, but then when they seed them outside of Purdue, they are all 5 and below.

--They should allow some more at large bids from the mountain west. They won't, but they should

--there is no way iowa doesnt make the sweet 16 this year

--Iowa shot lights out last night. Also it’s really weird Fran and the players have some weird kind of hate for Indiana. Woodson doesn’t seem like a bad dude.

--Sandfort looks like a kid they would use as an example of the look a director wants for casting extras to be nazi soldiers.
TYFYS

ivan_drago

Reaction score
LOL. Is that from CyFan? They have a game thread for Iowa games?!?

snips

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I know this has been posted/discussed over the years but the detail of like 20 different ppl in this gif is amazing. I've watched like 100 times.
agree - my favorite is the guy that glides in from the left , giving the dreaded 'double bird' and yelling .
how does he have room to do that so smoothly?

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Pissed off front row old white guy, right next to smiling black guy, is the best part

ivan_drago

Reaction score
It’s a legitimate question if it came from CF or the other dumpster fire site Monte pastes. Knock it off!!!!

Reaction score

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
LOL. Is that from CyFan? They have a game thread for Iowa games?!?
Technically it's an omnibus. Weird start for an omnibus though.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Technically it's an omnibus. Weird start for an omnibus though.

There’s a guy on the Iowa State 247 site that basically live blogs every Iowa game. Weird AF

And it’s not all together uncommon that there will be most posts on their site about the Iowa game, than there are on the Iowa site

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Sometimes I think of this and related statistics. Right now, on this planet at this very moment, even if something like 0.01% of people are doing that it means 8 million people are currently engaged buttfucking.

Wild.
Maybe scooped, just started on this thread, but 1% would be 80 million, .01% would be 800,000. Still a lot of butt-fucking.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Maybe we could make the world a better place if we could just increase the number of people butt-fucking at any moment to 1%.

snips

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
if you wanna be with me ....