**Indiana vs. Iowa Basketball Thread - 1/13/22 - 8:00pm - FS1**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Connor didn't completely shit the bed but didn't really do much of anything so he's tough now. Did Patrick even play? bohannon...lol.
bohannon sucks so sandfort should obviously play a ton, apparently

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I think Fran sees the “toughness” and plays guys accordingly at “crunch” time. There’s been multiple times where Patrick hasn’t played the last 8 minutes or so. Same with Joe T who it’s becoming apparent Fran doesn’t trust at the end of the game as Uhlis has been getting those minutes (until last night when he shit the bed on back to back possessions)

bohannon comes in late to hit shots and FTs but that’s a risk bc of his suspect handle and defense.

The Murray brothers aren’t the most physical but they make up for it with athleticism and I’d say mentally they’re pretty tough.

If Connor can play like that he provides value to the team. 6-8 minutes, hit a shot, make a couple plays on defense.

FWIW peace

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
And Joe T brings toughness. He just falls down more than a toddler.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I liked big Josh’s minutes last night. Didn’t hurt the team at all and got a few rebounds and guarded well.
He will never be a great offensive player but he can get to solid 20 minute a game, defend and rebound.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I liked big Josh’s minutes last night. Didn’t hurt the team at all and got a few rebounds and guarded well.
He had some terrible wasted shots, and at least one layup on the second half he didnt bother to contest

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
The big problem with Josh was how they used him. You can't have him and Connor playing together on offense.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I lol’d the one time Josh tried to go hard in the paint offensively. my wife was confused by my apparent joy given the result of the possession
His shit got blocked as it was heading down

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I lol’d the one time Josh tried to go hard in the paint offensively. my wife was confused by my apparent joy given the result of the possession
I had a moment like that as well. When Iowa started making its comeback in earnest, bohannon had a wide open look for 3 which would have tied it, but missed terribly. It was probably the hardest I'd laughed in weeks.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
We can laugh about it because Iowa won, but that 30 second stretch of leaving a guy absolutely wide open in the zone to dribbling out the shot clock into an airball was pretty horrific.
If you rewatch that zone possession, it was fucked from the beginning. Iowa didn’t get matched up on ball side which fucked the rotations. That one wasn’t 100% on Uhlis.

Reaction score
I really wish we could play the TOW later in the season.

edit to explain it was sarcasm/making fun of Iowa State fans for you assholes.

Last edited:

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Add 29 minutes for bohannon to the mix and that is 69 minutes of suckage out of 200 minutes. Not nice.
bohannon sucked, but at least he sucked the way he should. Worked to get open, took shots, just missed. I don't know why he has games like Wisconsin. Before anyone tries to pwn me, I know his numbers didn't look bad, but he didn't even try to do shit until the game was decided.

Last edited:

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Watching some highlights again and was struck by Connor's 3 after the kickout from Ulis. If he could have ever worked on his shot enough to be even something like a .350 3 point shooter, it would have made him so much less of a liability out there.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Watching some highlights again and was struck by Connor's 3 after the kickout from Ulis. If he could have ever worked on his shot enough to be even something like a .350 3 point shooter, it would have made him so much less of a liability out there.
he had just made 3 good plays and I knew it was going in. Obviously not the best form, but it’s mostly mental with him. When he’s pissed off and cocky and confident he’s serviceable.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
And it fucking sucks. Both had 20 minutes and 5 points without any discernible rebounding or defensive contribution. Perkins had 11 minutes and 8 points.
Someone has to corner the officials

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
29 points will do it but Kris seemed to loosen up and not be so robotic. The foul trouble helped so Fran couldn't pull him when he made the slightest mistake.

Kris has errored on the side of being overly aggressive offensively, sometimes you have to give those guys more leash especially when they are clearly superior to the alternatives on the boards and defensively.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Ulis is fine and there are times when Joe T shouldn’t be out there. But I thought it was a bit of a mistake not having Joe in there late last night. He’s such a pest on defense

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I think I know the possession you’re talking about. He caught the ball and had a one on one opportunity. Watching the highlights this morning, you could hear the entire crowd including the empty seats getting excited for a post move. I believe Jackson-Davis blocked the shit out of it, it went out of bounds and there was a timeout on the floor. The entire arena sounded like it was still smiling at the potential that play had for the season.