**Iowa at Rutgers - 2/16/19 - 5 pm - FS1**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I really like KenPom and NET, but fucking horseshit that 15-11 Nebrantska is going to be 5 spots behind Iowa because Iowa played some teams that were #325 instead of #220.
That’s not really how Kenpom works. You don’t get hurt just for playing a crappy schedule. What hurts Iowa is only beating Bryant by 5. And the fact that their three losses against top 10 teams were all blowouts.
Whatever. Fuck you Mikey Slow!!!!

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Dude, I fucking love this. This one and last week.

It almost feels like they're Hawk fans. But just sports fans in general seeing great game-winning shots - while still trying to reign their shit in and do their jobs.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The best part of the final shot is a couple of the coaches did their dork shit and were waiving them to get back on defense.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Connor throws a good pass made great by Baer tipping it to the corner. Wieskamp gets shot off, hear the announcer go "Uh oh!" and see it bank in.
wasnt the pass supposed to be to baer for him to catch and pitch it to moss coming down the sideline?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Connor throws a good pass made great by Baer tipping it to the corner. Wieskamp gets shot off, hear the announcer go "Uh oh!" and see it bank in.
wasnt the pass supposed to be to baer for him to catch and pitch it to moss coming down the sideline?
You don’t think the lunging tip is what they drew up?

douglasbader

Reaction score
It was, and when he realize he wasn't going to be able to catch it he tipped it to Moss but Wieskamp got it.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Not to take away from the celebration, but calling the elbow to Kreiner’s face a “basketball move” was fucking bullshit. These refs were over their head.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not to take away from the celebration, but calling the elbow to Kreiner’s face a “basketball move” was fucking bullshit. These refs were over their head.
Those guys probably would have considered this "just a basketball move", too....

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Was expecting them to call intentional on bohannon.

Times, they are a changin.

70C15560-98A0-4BF3-B20E-65582916F18E.gif

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It would be completely against Frans character to force out an assistant. It’s not happening. Especially when two of them can retire at any time.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It really sucks to have another Douche team out east like Penn State that is full of mediocre to bad basketball players but will hound/foul you on every possession and the refs will let it go. Jokes on them though, because they still haven’t beaten anyone that’s scored 70 on them.

Side note...is anyone else surprised Cook wasn’t on the floor for that final possession? Especially considering they threw a baseball pass?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Those guys probably would have considered this "just a basketball move", too....
At the time I thought Artest was giant POS. In hindsight i think he was just trying to prevent Harden from developing into what he is today

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It really sucks to have another Douche team out east like Penn State that is full of mediocre to bad basketball players but will hound/foul you on every possession and the refs will let it go. Jokes on them though, because they still haven’t beaten anyone that’s scored 70 on them.

Side note...is anyone else surprised Cook wasn’t on the floor for that final possession? Especially considering they threw a baseball pass?
Given where the play was designed to go, no I am not surprised. It was designed to create a scramble situation and you need shooters. If we are throwing in on our side he’s definitely in there.

Reaction score
The best part of the final shot is a couple of the coaches did their dork shit and were waiving them to get back on defense.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to get rid of any of them.
The defense is still not good enough. They should change out one assistant.
Speraw is the man. When he retires, okay but he's a positive with the team even if he isn't a big recruiter. Sherm is the main guy with Foster and has built a really solid relationship. Francis has been the main guy on a lot of our recruits and big fish we've been in the mix for. Hopefully a season like this will help close the deal with some more.

They're better this year and breakdowns are much less frequent. It seems likely to me that they improve on defense again next year if they lose Cook and Baer but return everyone else plus the newcomers. I'd love a Yakilich type move that solves the defense but that's not going to happen for a variety of reasons.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The best thing about this team is nearly all of them are cocky or confident fuckers that aren't afraid of competition or the moment.

bohannon is an ugly little fucker, but he thinks he has the biggest dick on the block. Wieskamp is a bad man. Garza looks like a guy that would enjoy bare knuckle brawling. Cook has the crazy eyes. Connor isn't that good but is tough and thinks he is a bad fucker. Moss is too dumb to not know he should be scared. Baer just loves to jack shit up and two hand rebound. Kreiner is a total douche but he thinks he is going to star in the Twilight remake in a few years.

That is a huge change from Uthoff / Gesell and others who looked like they would shit themselves at any moment.

Reaction score

Fran said the plan was to throw the inbounds to Baer and have all shooters on the floor around him.

Reaction score
It was the lead highlight on SportsCenter. John Anderson just said he "has a bunch of Hawkeyes in the family. Up there in Cerro Gordo."

Reaction score
Unreal to be on that side of things twice in a row. Yeah the last shot was lucky but they had an incredible amount of luck leading up to that. The bounce on the go-ahead 3, the bricks they put up that fell right into the lap of the one man in the area. At times when we had good box outs. The flagrant not being called, etc.

Reaction score
The RAC was a hornet’s nest tonight. Might not be considered a great win by the metrics, but it was a helluva win imo.

Slyhawk

Gus
Reaction score
That was some Hick from French Lick shit. And I mean that in the best way.

And I was:

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Was Joe’s shot lucky? Hell yeah. Are we overdue in the luck department? You tell me. Kenpom’s luck rankings since 2002.

2002 288
2003 209
2004 200
2005 251
2006 59
2007 191
2008 222
2009 303
2010 265
2011 337
2012 144
2013 256
2014 347
2015 203
2016 327
2017 161
2018 341
2019 23

Fuck any and all haters. We are well past due for a season like this.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Baker yelled “eat my fucking shit,” when he got that stupid bounce on his three.

Time to get a fork, asshole.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Baker yelled “eat my fucking shit,” when he got that stupid bounce on his three.

Time to get a fork, asshole.
Thought it was "That's my fucking shot." Point guards think top off the key is layupish.

Still gets his serving though.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Pikiell seems like a good coach but lol at not putting anyone on the inbounder at the end.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Now that I’m sober again... why the hell is Connor playing more than Moss in the second half?

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This feels so good.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Now that I’m sober again... why the hell is Connor playing more than Moss in the second half?
Connor down the stretch because Fran was running Jordan off of screens. Can’t really do that if you don’t have another solid ball handler (no homo) in the game

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Pikiell seems like a good coach but lol at not putting anyone on the inbounder at the end.
Fran had a smart play drawn up. They had two guys chasing bohannon on the other side of the court.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Connor down the stretch because Fran was running Jordan off of screens. Can’t really do that if you don’t have another solid ball handler (no homo) in the game
I have no idea why people are questioning this when the strategy has completely got Jordan loose down the stretch of the last two games after being relatively bottled up at PG in the first half.