Iowa @ Michigan State Basketball Thread ~ 2/13/21 ~ 1:30pm ~ FOX

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Look at those two fucking midgets. That short ref is worse than Borowski IMO.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
~Let’s~Go~Hawks!

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He has one of the more memorable last second airballs in Iowa history.
Right after the postponed Indiana game. Home game against a mediocre Wisconsin team. Air ball from the corner. He scored 0 points in that game.

He scored almost 1000 career points and Fran loved having him in the game late.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Everyone thought White was fucking McCabes girlfriend.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
"Honey, do you know what the balance is on the PB Card? Do you think we should request an increase? I heard the President's Day sale is going to be incredible."

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I like our chances. Iowa by 10

CamelTones

Reaction score
The best McCabe moment was the year after he graduated. He was sitting behind the Iowa bench cheering like gasser as Iowa kicked the shit out of Nebrantska in Lincoln.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah, well, when Briar Cliff University pubs you like this, respect:

McCabe graduated from the University of Iowa in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in sports business studies. McCabe was a four-year member of the Hawkeye men’s basketball program and was a team captain during the 2013-14 season. He poured in over 850 points and snatched over 500 rebounds during his career at Iowa and was named to the 2013 Battle 4 Atlantis All-Tournament Team. McCabe holds the school record for consecutive games played for the Hawkeyes, appearing in 137 straight contests.

Holds a school record = all time great!

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Right after the postponed Indiana game. Home game against a mediocre Wisconsin team. Air ball from the corner. He scored 0 points in that game.

I feel like it was from a couple feet to the the right of the left wing. Nobody within 10 feet of him. Also had a wide open Woodbury underneath and another open guy for 3 that was a better shooter. Left it 2 feet short.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I feel like it was from a couple feet to the the right of the left wing. Nobody within 10 feet of him. Also had a wide open Woodbury underneath and another open guy for 3 that was a better shooter. Left it 2 feet short.
I had tickets in that corner for a couple of years. I remember when the ball left his hand and seeing the trajectory then hearing the collective groan from everyone around me when it became obvious it was going to be 2 feet short

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I had tickets in that corner for a couple of years. I remember when the ball left his hand and seeing the trajectory then hearing the collective groan from everyone around me when it became obvious it was going to be 2 feet short
I couldn’t find a video, so this is the best evidence I can present. No corner 3s from McCabe.
8F1CA854-098E-49B2-A612-941516F943FA.png

Anyway, let’s get back to the impending Izzo Buttfucking.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
wait I thought the infamous McCabe air ball was in Hilton. There are multiple?

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I hate them but Wisconsin was a 2 seed and went to the Final Four that year. We still should have won that game. Fuck.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
one pass...one fucking pass you fat fuck...and white has either a dunk or a dunk and one....

should have been a tight end
We were down 3. A dunk wouldn't have done much.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Woodbury could have taken that shot and it would have been closer.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
It was the right shot taken by the wrong guy. Everyone is saying white was wide open!!! Bc they know how the shot ended up.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
It was the right shot taken by the wrong guy. Everyone is saying white was wide open!!! Bc they know how the shot ended up.
In everybody’s defense didn’t we really know how it was going to end up tho