** Iowa @ Minnoonegivesafuck anymore **

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Cook and bohannon both played their fewest minutes of any Big Ten game. 22 for Cook, 21 for bohannon. bohannon took his fewest shots in a game since Seton Hall last year (3rd ever game) but he got to the line 4 times that night in 19 minutes.

26th in offensive efficiency nationally, 250th defensively. Fuck.
Good thing we have a couple of recruits coming in that can help us on offense.

Reaction score
I will say its pretty intersting that several douche teams who were even better than us last year and had high expectations suck just about as much. Minnesota was a 4/5 seed in the NCAAs last year and are gawdawful. Similarly Northwestern was a tourney team and senior laden and suck doney dicks this year. (which is refreshing).

Basketball is weird these days. I truly this we can have a big turnaround next year. The bizarre shit like Kreiner showing out tonight (and other bench guys have periodically done this all year) does more harm than good as we can't settle on a typical 8ish rotation. We've got even more solid bodies coming in next year in McCaffery and Weiskamp both of whom should play and lose two guys who basically don't play (Uhl and Ellingson).

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Iowa has given up scoring runs of 40-17 and 22-2 the last 2 games and still had a chance at the end of the last 2 games.

It’s also become obvious Fran has no idea who to play game to game.
Would anyone?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fuck this team and flush this shitty season. I still love you Fran, but woof motherfucker. Woof.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Cook and bohannon both played their fewest minutes of any Big Ten game. 22 for Cook, 21 for bohannon. bohannon took his fewest shots in a game since Seton Hall last year (3rd ever game) but he got to the line 4 times that night in 19 minutes.

26th in offensive efficiency nationally, 250th defensively. Fuck.
Good thing we have a couple of recruits coming in that can help us on offense.
They’re fucked.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
I still love Fran and the Hawks! Bad season sucks, but it's going to happen at iowa every once and a while. Team lacks a defensive enforcer-type, like a Jarryd Cole or Woody, which is concerning b/c we arent getting one, either. Shoulda been Cook or maybe Wagner but they aren't of that mentality. Maybe Garza can develop it a bit as he matures.

Was Connor's arrival really that disruptive? He wasn't John The Criminal, he was a perennial top 100 guy.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Moss is an enigma but has a ton of potential. Hes a guy you have to let play thru his mistakes.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Most his points pretty much came in garbage time. I'm not getting fooled by Moss' flashes anymore. He doesn't have the mentality. Hopefully he's just a really late bloomer and next year is his year.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The problem with Moss playing through his mistakes is the roster is full of guys that they need to let play through their mistakes.

Reaction score
Q: It seemed like Moss had like 18 points in the last few minutes.

McCAFFERY: He has the ability to do that. It’s funny because you have a guy who is a legit 6-5 and he can get to the rim and has a pull-up game, a three point game, and he’s quick. All I ever do is encourage him to go. Curl cuts, back cuts, in transition you take it, you take it yourself. I don’t ever have him questioning if it’s a good shot or a bad shot. You go get buckets, that’s what you do. He was really impressive tonight.

If Fran wasn't so hard on him, he'd be awesome.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Baer was once again turrible. Nunge played much better IMO so of course Baer got more minutes down the stretch.

Frans game time coaching reminds me of a blind guy painting a portrait.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Watching bohannon and the end of the half was depressing.

He is so slow with the ball. No ability to separate at all.

"Can't go right...can't go left...they're guarding me..." Fling.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
It's incredible how poorly Baer is playing compared to last year.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Most his points pretty much came in garbage time. I'm not getting fooled by Moss' flashes anymore. He doesn't have the mentality. Hopefully he's just a really late bloomer and next year is his year.
LOL

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Time to gear up for the emotional farewell to Dom.

Bradys game at Indy. Kreiner last night. Wagner Baer entering senior leader status. Maishe break out season. Joe and Connor obviously belong. CJ best shooter in practice anyone has ever seen. Pemsl great minutes as freshman. Moss a pro. Add Jbo TC Garza Nunge and we simply must play 14 man rotation. Riley Till maintains effort and development we can have the first 3 platoon rotation in history.

Time to adopt computer substitutions. Keep it fair and insure all 3 platoons can play through any issues and be happy when Margaret makes dinner.

Wow, and I'm a Fran backer.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Time to gear up for the emotional farewell to Dom.

Bradys game at Indy. Kreiner last night. Wagner Baer entering senior leader status. Maishe break out season. Joe and Connor obviously belong. CJ best shooter in practice anyone has ever seen. Pemsl great minutes as freshman. Moss a pro. Add Jbo TC Garza Nunge and we simply must play 14 man rotation. Riley Till maintains effort and development we can have the first 3 platoon rotation in history.

Time to adopt computer substitutions. Keep it fair and insure all 3 platoons can play through any issues and be happy when Margaret makes dinner.

Wow, and I'm a Fran backer.
fwiw.

peace.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I haven't watched much Big Ten basketball this year, but Minnesota had no business only being up by 2 with a few seconds left. They took some terrible shots in the first half and let the Hawks pretty much back into it. Have they been this sloppy all season?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I haven't watched much Big Ten basketball this year, but Minnesota had no business only being up by 2 with a few seconds left. They took some terrible shots in the first half and let the Hawks pretty much back into it. Have they been this sloppy all season?
There’s a reason they’re 4-13 in a terrible league.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
At one point during a game several players were ejected in the Alabama-Minnesota game and Bama had to play the majority of the second half with only 3 players against 5 and outscored the Gophers by 8 over that time span (over 13 minutes). They were 9-0 and ranked highly at the time and really haven’t been the same since. Around that time the Lynch stuff started becoming a huge story and he was suspended shortly thereafter.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
That Hurt dude looks like he belongs on a The Criminal coached team. If his little bro wasn’t a sought after stud there is no way he would see the floor.