Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Reaction score
I know we have the "Soulmate for Iowa pessimists" thread and some miscellaneous ones but we need a quasi-official thread to mock them.

Pandy had an article today alluding to ISU's oline perhaps being the best in the BXII.

Then there's this tweet where you can't get a better dichotomy between the subject line and the dumpy physiques of the picture. Campos' ability to be pudgy at "6'8" is nothing short of amazing.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I'm torn about participating in this thread, despite my confidence that they'll again be an extremely shitty football team that is near and likely the worst on our schedule. (Thanks, Kirk.)

Fuck them and their likely win over Iowa right in their shit asses.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
always worth pointing out that Ricky Stanzi has as many bowl wins (3) in 2.5 years as a starter as their program does in its history.
Ol' Rick's teams outscored ISU 87-15 in his 3 games between '08 and '10.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
always worth pointing out that Ricky Stanzi has as many bowl wins (3) in 2.5 years as a starter as their program does in its history.
That was always my favorite, but my new favorite might be that TCU dropped three spots in the CFP poll after winning by only 52 points over Iowa State.

Reaction score
That was always my favorite, but my new favorite might be that TCU dropped three spots in the CFP poll after winning by only 52 points over Iowa State.
I have it as co-#1

Reaction score
Paul Rhoads is adamant that shouldn't have happened.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I have it as co-#1
No way. The fact that Ricky Stanzi has as many bowl victories as Iowa State does in their 123 year history is the best thing ever.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
They also lost to drake in football once.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I hope all Cyclones die of the AIDS which they contracted from fats niang.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
A funny joke is to refer to the University's hometown as "Lames". Not only is this a clever play on words, but it connotates the degree to which the town is below standard in numerous subcategories.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Apparently they're heavy on JuCos who previously held big time offers.

I think they'll be better this year than last year.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score

If they are in Ames, they likely profoundly retarded and/or did not live up to their initial offer list.

Reaction score

Well considering they were 2-10 and if Iowa wasn't coached by decaying corpses would have been 1-11, that's not much of a stretch.

If Iowa and UNI can get their shit together this year, ISU has a decent shot of going 0-12. (@Kansas, @Toledo).

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score

Hopefully they're really dumb Jucos who are really good at football. Why they haven't tried to replicate K-State's model all these years is beyond me.

Reaction score

Hopefully they're really dumb Jucos who are really good at football. Why they haven't tried to replicate K-State's model all these years is beyond me.
seems like they've tried at various points, they just don't have the greatest college football coach in history

Reaction score

seems like they've tried at various points, they just don't have the greatest college football coach in history
also, it's probably partly because of K-State's history that top JUCO-type recruits go to KS JUCOs but Kansas has a stronger stable of JUCOs. looking at the last few years, KS usually has 15+ top 100 JUCO recruits (FWIW, K-State gets fewer than 5 these days)

https://rivals.yahoo.com/jcgridiron/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3508/2015

Reaction score
I'll always remember Chris Williams talking down to the NDSU guy in his podcast. His shitty little FCS team had no chance against the mighty Cyclones. It's not like ISU had taken a pretty good beat down by an FCS team the previous year or anything. Then of course after they get curb stomped, NDSU is a juggernaut and would probably finish top 25 BCS. A bunch of homer morons, all of em.

Reaction score
I'll always remember Chris Williams talking down to the NDSU guy in his podcast. His shitty little FCS team had no chance against the mighty Cyclones. It's not like ISU had taken a pretty good beat down by an FCS team the previous year or anything. Then of course after they get curb stomped, NDSU is a juggernaut and would probably finish top 25 BCS. A bunch of homer morons, all of em.
That podcast may be the greatest thing ever. NDSU guest flat out calls a 20 point win and Williams and his crony go apeshit. 34-14.

Reaction score
Ol' Rick's teams outscored ISU 87-15 in his 3 games between '08 and '10.
Chuck Long's 3 year results vs. ISU are worth mentioning & remembering, as the years pass by.
Ol' Chuck's teams outscored ISU 177-34 in his 3 games between 83' and 85'.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I'm more partial to this one:

although this one is pretty good too:

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
I'm more partial to this one:

although this one is pretty good too:
Those games are so hard to take not just because Iowa lost to ISU, but because Iowa lost to really bad ISU teams in Kinnick.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Georges Niang is good for my self-image.

congrats, fatass, you work out all off-season and look slightly better shirtless than this balding nearly 40 year old white dude.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Hard for me to bad mouth a program who pretty regularly beats us home or away

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
The storied Big 10 with a solid three of the bottom 6 teams of all time.

Reaction score
Hey dipshits, this is a thread an ISU turd would start about Iowa.

Let's go back to not giving a fuck about ISU.

Dammit

Reaction score
Chuck Long / Hayden Fry teams outscored Iowa State 167 - 34 from 1983 to 1985. Jim Criner had a better winning percentage than Paul Rhoads does currently.