**Iowa State vs Iowa - 12/6/18 - 7:00 pm - FS1**

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Because he's a chucker, and the antithesis of chuckers is Tony Bennett
That's a dumb assessment. He had no opportunities to do anything in that offense and that's why he left. Being relegated to an afterthought on a team that scores 50 or 60 points a game is a horrible way to end your college basketball career.

From what I was told Shayok's problem last night was that he took too many contested shots, but so did others.

He's averaging 19 PPG and 50% from the field. That's not a "chucker."
He's a really good offensive player, and Horton-Tucker is a man-child. that was a fun game to watch. Both teams eschew the grab/hold/hack style for the most part. ISU tended to bump drivers on the baseline and got away w/ it a lot, but that was really all I noticed.
Yep. The bump that caused Baer to step out of bounds really should have been called. But whatever. Eff ISU.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Lol, we smoked those fucks.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I like how he apparently follows Fran’s Red Face and regularly likes the tweets like this one.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
That's a dumb assessment. He had no opportunities to do anything in that offense and that's why he left. Being relegated to an afterthought on a team that scores 50 or 60 points a game is a horrible way to end your college basketball career.

From what I was told Shayok's problem last night was that he took too many contested shots, but so did others.

He's averaging 19 PPG and 50% from the field. That's not a "chucker."
He's a really good offensive player, and Horton-Tucker is a man-child. that was a fun game to watch. Both teams eschew the grab/hold/hack style for the most part. ISU tended to bump drivers on the baseline and got away w/ it a lot, but that was really all I noticed.
Yep. The bump that caused Baer to step out of bounds really should have been called. But whatever. Eff ISU.
That was the most egregious, but it came after we got a total bullshit charge call at the other end so I was cool w/ it. No blood.

Reaction score
That foul they called on Joe's box out with 1:25 left was awful. All 5 guys on the floor for us were in shock. Then you see Prohm pointing at Fran for 5 seconds and screaming at the officials to T him up.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
The refs were meh all night. Anyone who thinks either team got an advantage is fucking stupid and should be dunked in a toilet.

Iowa hit shots. Prohm shit his pants. Iowa won by a lot. ISU players are a bunch of fucking babies.

There. That's it.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
It blows my mind that Fran has actually been the calm one this season compared to opposing benches.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
It blows my mind that Fran has actually been the calm one this season compared to opposing benches.
Has looked stoic compared to Prohm and Hurley.
Prohm must have felt a lot of pressure to win this game because he was completely out of character and borderline psycho. He usually looks like a guy who should be wearing a track suit on the sideline.

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Prohm must have felt a lot of pressure to win this game because he was completely out of character and borderline psycho. He usually looks like a guy who should be wearing a track suit on the sideline.
He usually looks like George Raveling?

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Speaking of George Raveling, anyone else remember his spots on the local broadcasts when he would put his glasses on and read bits from a book to the TV audience? Looking back from today that seems weird. But I do miss the local flavor and the games reliably being on same place, same channel, etc.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Speaking of George Raveling, anyone else remember his spots on the local broadcasts when he would put his glasses on and read bits from a book to the TV audience? Looking back from today that seems weird. But I do miss the local flavor and the games reliably being on same place, same channel, etc.
George was an interesting guy, it would have been a fun time for Iowa basketball if he would have stayed longer.

Reaction score
George was an interesting guy, it would have been a fun time for Iowa basketball if he would have stayed longer.
Interesting as in forfeiting games and losing scholarships?

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
also known as trying

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
We keep beating these faggots by 14 in Carver.

It's like a house of horrors for them.

Magical for the hawks, though.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
I posted this in the podcast episode, but I recommend the interview with George by Tim Ferris.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Are you implying George was dirty?

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
9 guys on the team Tom Davis inherited played in the NBA. I’m not sure we’ve had that many since. Might have cut some corners.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
9 guys on the team Tom Davis inherited played in the NBA. I’m not sure we’ve had that many since. Might have cut some corners.
Chicago Tribune had an article about that team about 20-25 years ago. They made the case that it was the most talented team in college basketball, ever.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I like the basketball game with Iowa State a lot better than I like the football game. When we lose in basketball it's not an outright embarrassment. And I can actually feel happy when we win instead of just relieved.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I like the basketball game with Iowa State a lot better than I like the football game. When we lose in basketball it's not an outright embarrassment. And I can actually feel happy when we win instead of just relieved.
You sound like an Iowa State football fan

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Didn’t know this about Raveling:

On August 28, 1963, as Martin Luther King Jr. waved goodbye to an audience of over 250,000 "March on Washington" participants, Raveling asked King if he could have the speech. King handed Raveling the original typewritten "I Have a Dream" pages.[10]Raveling was on the podium with King at that moment, having volunteered to provide security.[11]He still has the original, and had been offered up to a million dollars for the speech copy.[12][13]

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

On August 28, 1963, as Martin Luther King Jr. waved goodbye to an audience of over 250,000 "March on Washington" participants, Raveling asked King if he could have the speech. King handed Raveling the original typewritten "I Have a Dream" pages.[10]Raveling was on the podium with King at that moment, having volunteered to provide security.[11]He still has the original, and had been offered up to a million dollars for the speech copy.[12][13]
really?

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score

really?
Yes Jim. I was sub 5 years old when he was around.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I always assumed he was Catholic, with all the buttfucking of young boys and all.