**Iowa State vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/11/20 - 8:00pm - BTN**

gable_guy

Reaction score
Prohm is such a fucking awful coach. There’s truly almost no coaching whatsoever. He looks fine when the team is making shots, but there’s no real semblance of an offense. The only way they go on runs is when the guys just do their own thing and hit shots, which happens on occasion but isn’t going to win you many games. I think I love him.
He has no idea how to beat the zone. His inbound plays are atrocious.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Soak it all in fellas. This team is unlike anything many of us have ever seen.

To go with a player who is unparalleled in the history of the program.

Edit to add: we sat through the Alford years and barely made it through the The Criminal purge. The AD has let fran do his thing and we are being rewarded.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
You couldn't create a more polar opposite of the The Criminal teams. I think the defense can and will get better but there's something to be admired about "you better score 100 to beat us, because we're putting up 95".
Well actually I don’t think the defense will get better because why waste energy when you don’t have to

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Luka is shooting 46-68 (68%) from 2 this year, and 11-16 (69%) from 3 this year. His effective FG% on the year is 74.4% and he's taking the 9th highest percentage of shots while on the floor in the country.

Fucking cheat code.
I'd rather drink than do this tonight, but Garzas face needs put on this with some actual skill:
1607747774969.png

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Our backup big went for 17 and 10 with 2 blocks on 6-7 from 2, 1-2 from 3 and 2-2 at the line in 19 minutes. Guy in front of him had 34 in 17 minutes on 7-7 from 2, 6-7 from 3 and 2-4 at the line.

51 points in 36 minutes on 13-14 from 2, 7-9 from 3 and 4-6 at the line.
Is that good? That seems prettay prettay good.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Pat definitely did.
I was going to say the opposite. Connor drove it with 25 seconds on the shot clock looking for his shot and got fouled and then hit a step back 17 footer with 17 seconds left on the shot clock when Foster was guarding him. This from a guy that had taken 3 shots all year. Those boys hate them some Xavier.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I assume everyone is watching this game on BTN right now and realizing that Fran is right and everyone else is wrong when it comes to tempo and the importance of absolute defensive efficiency.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I was going to say the opposite. Connor drove it with 25 seconds on the shot clock looking for his shot and got fouled and then hit a step back 17 footer with 17 seconds left on the shot clock when Foster was guarding him. This from a guy that had taken 3 shots all year. Those boys hate them some Xavier.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I mean Pat did, but that's kind of what Pat does. He's mean.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I assume everyone is watching this game on BTN right now and realizing that Fran is right and everyone else is wrong when it comes to tempo and the importance of absolute defensive efficiency.
My 19 year old daughter (no pics) is watching this and made the comment that its much more fast-paced and fun than today’s game.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Everyday of the week and twice on Sunday- Fran’s plan of relying on non NBA players who stay 4 and 5 years is finally paying off on Year 11. ISU’s success over the last 20 years with guys going early all the way back to Fizer shows that you need horses to get it done consistently. ISU’s challenge they don’t reload as quickly as the Dukes, KU’s , Gonzaga’s of the world. But over an extended period of time, they have reloaded faster and better than IA.
Congrats- enjoy your glory year- with this model the Hawks will be back here in Year 22 for Fran.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Some CF gold;

Why did Fran even bother to come out in man? That zone stumped Prohm for 40 minutes last year in Hilton.
^ It looked like they approached (this game) like an exhibition game.

Reminder there was a time when playing the #3 team In The country would be a tough challenge but not an accepted ass whooping.
^ It was something to look forward to. Now it’s something to dread. Something simply to endure.

But I was told all these unathletic Iowa guys are hilariously bad.
^ No kidding; 11-months of message board experts telling us how bad is Iowa. We get Garza in foul trouble and Nunge lights it up for a double-double.

Prohm's recruiting success is truly mystifying. What high school kid watches this team and says, "I want to be a part of that." But hey, at least they didn't quit in the first half.
Xavier Foster, apparently

I know Iowa is good, but Prohm is a complete disaster and can’t make a single adjustment. It seems like his days in Ames are numbered. That being said, who actually would want to come to Ames? I feel like TJ likely doesn’t want to come to this disaster that a guy like Prohm would leave this program in. Basketball looks like it’s at least half a decade away from even being competitive, unless we can bring in a good coach.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
By watching a game from 35 years ago? Ok. That’s a take, I guess.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I’m too lazy to look but what are the collective records of both schools over the last 8 or 10 years?

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think only one of these touched the rim. A 2nd may have grazed it.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wonder if they'll replace the net on Iowa's half of the court before Sunday. The one there is still smoking from Luka's hot hand.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Iowa is going to plan on dominating us. I can’t wait until they come in here cold, our D steps up, our 3’s start falling, and Conditt rubs Garza’s face in the dirt.

If we lose by more than 10, make Prohm walk home. This iowa team doesn’t play a lick of defense, has no home court advantage with no fans, and in general, we have better athletes. Put a hand in their shooters face and double Garza.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It’s that simple. Hope other coaches are taking notes.

Reaction score
I don't know that this relates, but I think people also don't grasp that it's virtually impossible to be elite on both ends without 5 stars. Or even elite on one and very good-great at the other without a bunch of high 4 stars. We have the best offense in the country with a bunch of dudes that top 25 programs didn't want.

You couldn't just bring in Tom Izzo to coach this group and have them become top 30 in defense without a sizeable dropoff offensively. Hopefully we end up in the 50-75 range and have a ton of fun.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I don't know that this relates, but I think people also don't grasp that it's virtually impossible to be elite on both ends without 5 stars. Or even elite on one and very good-great at the other without a bunch of high 4 stars. We have the best offense in the country with a bunch of dudes that top 25 programs didn't want.

You couldn't just bring in Tom Izzo to coach this group and have them become top 30 in defense without a sizeable dropoff offensively. Hopefully we end up in the 50-75 range and have a ton of fun.
Didn’t the Uthoff/Jok/Woodbury/Mike G and Clemons year reach #1 in both around the end of January?

That was a much different team though. Basically 2 guys did the majority of the scoring and teams figured out how to defend them towards the end of the year.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

thank you. This has always been my point.