**Iowa State vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/11/20 - 8:00pm - BTN**

Reaction score
Didn’t the Uthoff/Jok/Woodbury/Mike G and Clemons year reach #1 in both around the end of January?

That was a much different team though. Basically 2 guys did the majority of the scoring and teams figured out how to defend them towards the end of the year.
Can't be certain but I really don't think so. Top 5 in both rarely ever happens. I know they hit #1 overall in KenPom in January. They ended 23rd overall, 25th offensively and 30th defensively. I think it was more like top 5 in offense, top 15-20 in defense.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Keegan Murray is Nicholas Baer.
He is way more athletic than baer

I’m thinking a more athletic Bowen who already has an outside shot. He may never be great in any one aspect but he may stuff the stat sheet in all categories

Reaction score
Foster looked completely lost when he was on the floor. I truly don’t think he knew what he was supposed to do. Sure, he got a couple 3’s, but that was it.

I don’t ever remember someone at the college level going bonkers like Luka didin the 2nd half. That was insane.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That was a fun game. If it wasn't for a fluke pandemic weird season in football, little brother would be completely devastated.

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no. At least not on defense. Baer was pretty bad overall and Keegan might be the best or most aware defender Iowa has had since Woodbury.
Baer was terrible at on the ball defense, but incredible at help defense. So many blocks and steals that he had no business getting.

Keegan has a lot of those traits and huge upside if he puts in the work on his offensive game.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Baer was terrible at on the ball defense, but incredible at help defense. So many blocks and steals that he had no business getting.

Keegan has a lot of those traits and huge upside if he puts in the work on his offensive game.
Keegan made about 4 or 5 subtle defensive adjustments tonight that were incredible for a true freshman.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Also, have to get more specific on Baer. He was good on help defense and got some good blocks, but he was outright terrible as you point out on the ball and especially in zone. He had no idea where to be most of the time.

Reaction score
Another first this year is Fran hyperbole speak actually understating things. His comments on Garza tonight seem Ferentz-esque.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I actually wish it were an 11am kick so I could slide into a screwdriver a little easier.

Reactions: Jim