**Iowa State vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/11/20 - 8:00pm - BTN**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no. At least not on defense. Baer was pretty bad overall and Keegan might be the best or most aware defender Iowa has had since Woodbury.
I’m talking more in terms of his hustle and stats. He’s not lighting up the score board but he’s rebounding the ball, diving on the floor and chasing balls going out of bounds and trying to throw them back in while everyone else is standing around watching.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Tits Niang is tweeting that Iowa fans have been silent during football season and didn’t know we still existed.

That’s the best he’s got.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Tits Niang is tweeting that Iowa fans have been silent during football season and didn’t know we still existed.

That’s the best he’s got.
Iowa is having what would have been, up until now, the equivalent of the best season in ISU history, and we’re sort of ho-hum about it.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Being on Twitter during the first half really was a treat. Lots of hawkeye fans going "here we go again Fran" and isu fans spouting off "overrated" tweets. Makes it much more enjoyable to look back on them now
That sounds miserable

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The jake sullivan tweets are fantastic too. They won't accept that there is some truth to what he's saying.

You don't have to recruit all Iowa guys, but maybe if they had some iowans they wouldn't turn over half their roster every year with transfer rejects

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I’m going to complain about one thing because, at times, I am the epitome of Iowa Fan. I would have liked to have seen Joe T get more minutes last night. bohannon was largely ineffective in 27 minutes while I thought Joe T played quite well in 13. 7 assists and loved his intensity on D. But thats just a rank amateur’s opinion.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Nice little snowy morning for some light reading. FTR, I left out all referee complaint posts (of which there were too many to count) and also all Foster looks good and he needs to play way more posts (of which there were also too many to count)

If you judge Iowa by Nunge and the minutes he gets....they are not #3.
It's a very unbalanced roster
Um, what?
I like that our guys have figured out that we're much much faster than Iowa.
They shot 3 more 3s than us
And when they get to later in the season and their legs aren't fresh their offense won't be that good either.
Seriously, what?
I guess I don't see a rationale for #3 besides having experience back from a decent team and other teams starting over (again).
Yeah, it's a mystery
A lot of things should piss us off about this game, but what I am thinking of right now is how, when we were good and kicking Iowa's ass, to their fans our guys were thugs. You won't hear that now. What does that say about the state of things?
I'm pretty sure C Mac is going to graduate as the all time NCAA leader in # of games started with 0 FG and less than 5 assists.
Iowa is a completely different team when Garza is on the bench. Not a good sign this early in the season if Iowa wants to be a contender.
Well that's weird, I wonder why?
why is it so hard for people to understand the amount of talent that has been lost to the NBA? He has a really good group of freshman right now and Iowa state has never just reloaded. If we had all of those players right now we would be top 10 in the nation.
Yup, We have to ride Prohm out. But I think CMC will keep the Brand name alive.
The Brand name...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Will laugh hysterically if Iowa gets knocked out before the Sweet 16 this year. Heck even before the Final Four will make me smile immensely at all the stupid Hawk fans.
Does Jake understand that none of these Iowa born Hawks are even close to NBA material?
Let’s see what next year brings given we don’t lost foster to the draft
Some people's opinion would be that if you bet against the team that you say is your favorite team then you are actively rooting against that team. I would say that the action of doing so confirms it.

How does one defend wanting "their" team to lose by at least 14?

I understand being critical of CSP, but I have never understood people that make plays against their teams. Actually, I do. They are degenerates.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I was talking to an Indiana fan this morning and he said ‘yeah but Garza doesn’t really have a spot in the NBA.’

Why the fuck does that matter? Wtf does that have to do with his performance at the college level? Somehow that’s a knock on the Iowa team.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I’m talking more in terms of his hustle and stats. He’s not lighting up the score board but he’s rebounding the ball, diving on the floor and chasing balls going out of bounds and trying to throw them back in while everyone else is standing around watching.
I think he could legitimately be the difference between Iowa being a final four team and being another top 10 team.

if there was one huge weakness with this team last year, it was giving up way too many second chance points.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa is a different team with Garza on the court, but the Hawks put together a 19-4 run without him.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Iowa is a different team with Garza on the court, but the Hawks put together a 19-4 run without him.
The Bucks are a different team when Giannis isn’t on the floor.

Its the dumbest argument opposing fans are making. ‘Theyre not as good when their best player is on the bench.’

Iowa is also not as good when their bench is playing the last 2 minutes because they’re up by 26.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
The Bucks are a different team when Giannis isn’t on the floor.

Its the dumbest argument opposing fans are making. ‘Theyre not as good when their best player is on the bench.’

Iowa is also not as good when their bench is playing the last 2 minutes because they’re up by 26.
That’s generally the case. However, ISU sucked with or without Haliburton on the floor last year.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
My new favorite opposing fan complaint is how bad Connor is because he doesn't shoot. Especially from a fan base who shoved Monte Morris' assist-turnover ratio down everyone's throats for four seasons.