***Iowa v. Michigan - 2/25/21 - 6:00 PM - ESPN***

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Luka has objectively been a better offensive player this year and has also played fewer minutes than last year. He’s also been better against high end competition than he was last year.
HE IS THE COACH. COACHES ARE PAID TO SEE THESE THINGS AT THE POWER 5 LEVEL.

TANK THE REST OF THE YEAR FOR A 5 SEED!!!!!!

Reaction score
Also playing 1.5 minutes less per conference game than last year. And taking fewer shots per game than he did last year.

TJones3312

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Also playing 1.5 minutes less per conference game than last year. And taking fewer shots per game than he did last year.
1.5 minutes x 21 games = 31.5 minutes. Much better idea to just shut down Garza a few games!!

Sambud

Old
Reaction score
We're just going to have to live with the fact there's a new sheriff in Michigan, suck it Izzo, and probably the conference as long as Howard is coaching there. The ease with which he's put together the #1 recruiting class for next season is rather startling.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
We're just going to have to live with the fact there's a new sheriff in Michigan, suck it Izzo, and probably the conference as long as Howard is coaching there. The ease with which he's put together the #1 recruiting class for next season is rather startling.
He’s doing the same thing they did when he was there. Money talks.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Howard will get an NBA job within a couple years unless he likes the stability of coaching at Michigan.

Reaction score
I know right? Especially since Michigan basketball has no past history of any sort of shenanigans
Obviously you'd be naive to think there's not a lot of cheating going on, but it gets to be a bit much on here when every team is handing out bags of cash, except for Iowa.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
Obviously you'd be naive to think there's not a lot of cheating going on, but it gets to be a bit much on here when every team is handing out bags of cash, except for Iowa.
I think it’s funny that people think Iowa is completely clean in this regard, too.

Tyler Smith came to Iowa for the River view, obviously.

Reaction score
I think it’s funny that people think Iowa is completely clean in this regard, too.

Tyler Smith came to Iowa for the River view, obviously.
Neal basically copped to it on some radio interview. Strangest thing I've heard a coach casually admit. Local host asked him about Smith's recruitment, and his answer was something like 'let's just say we have a close relationship and stop there.'

That being said, nothing about Fran's recruiting lends itself to suspicion. I don't mean some minor violation, but what most would consider cheating.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
lol, ok, Lukas coach shouldn’t see that his big dog needs a break for the long haul? Jesus, Doug, Fran sucks at a lot of stuff, it’s why he was a mid major coach forever. It’s ok, that’s what he is & he dropped the fucking ball with luka.

He’s good at shit too, like you’ve said, he gets a lot out of guys that had no business in the big ten.
Lol

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Things Shawnee didn’t say
I mean, you are sort of right because you aren't really saying anything. You're screaming about Fran not recognizing Luka is tired, but when it is pointed out that Fran is actually playing him less and using him less and what you would propose he do differently, you so far haven't given any suggestion to what he should actually do. The only thing you have said is some sort of weird tanking scenario where Iowa blows off the BTT and gets a #5 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

I'm guessing this is mostly because you have no actual suggestion on what should be done and are a huge fucking moron.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
I would imagine as the season wears on, practice and workout intensity likely gets lower. That's how coaches manage player fatigue, not sitting them on the bench when they are needed even more.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Does firing people help with player fatigue? Asking for a friend.
The only positive to firing Fran would be that we’d never have to hear the “I hear Fran is fucking two of the players’ mother!!!” Shit again. That’s the list.

Reaction score
Probably a good idea to end the stupidity in this thread and have someone start up an OSU one.