***Iowa v. Michigan - 2/25/21 - 6:00 PM - ESPN***

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Dan Shulman and Dick Vitale on the call.

I really think we'll get a win here. Similar teams (elite center, good outside shooting), although they are obviously more athletic.

But, Luka will be the difference.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Dick Vitale is an exceptional human being and has been most of his life. There are few people that care more, are more positive or do more for the fight against children's cancer. They can advertise his book as much as they want.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Dick Vitale is an exceptional human being and has been most of his life. There are few people that care more, are more positive or do more for the fight against children's cancer. They can advertise his book as much as they want.
Absolutely.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Mahatma Gandhi was a good guy, doesn’t make him a good color guy

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Vitale, like Corso, is well past his prime. But it won’t be the same without them.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I liked Vitale more about 10-15 years ago but he is mostly incoherent now and his inability to focus destroys me

Reaction score
He also has legitimate passion and joy for the sport he’s working. I’ll gladly take that over Bilas’ constant bitching and all of the writers who seem to despise the actual games they’re covering much of the time.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Other than being somewhat annoying on tv, my only gripe with Dickey V is his praise of Pitino and other shady characters. But whatever, he’s fun to have once in awhile because of the energy he brings and just all around joy for life.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Eh, vitale did a lot of talking in support of shitty people like Jim boeheim.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Vitale mentioned during the Wisky game that his days are numbered, or something like that, and he wanted to get back to the games in-person before he died.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Does Michigan double Luka, or let Luka get his like they did last year and focus on trying to shut down the rest of the team?

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Their strategy of letting Luka get his worked last year as far as W/L so I’d guess they stick with it.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
If you don't enjoy Vitale's shtick then he can be tough to listen to when he calls a game, but there's no doubt that he seems like a legitimately good guy.
I don’t. I really don’t.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Iowa by 10. And Garza makes a crystal clear case why he's the true POY this year against that fuck stick Dickinson

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Ive always loved Vitale.

If you dislike someone who is truly happy, enjoys life, and approaches his work with great joy and enthusiasm, the problem is likely you.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Vitale being on a game means it's a big game. Otherwise it's full of cliches and hearing about everything else on ESPN other than the game currently on.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
I often listen to him wondering how saggy his nuts are.
It has been a couple years, but the last time I saw them they were "these once held an extremely large hydrocele" large. It's possible they have come back to normal.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Vitale's thing works when there's a roaring crowd in the background. It's unbearable without it.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The fact that we’re bitching about the announcer calling the game and not the team is a giant leap for Halomankind.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I just want to hear Gus Johnson say Weezy.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Does Michigan double Luka, or let Luka get his like they did last year and focus on trying to shut down the rest of the team?
It seemed like Teske could never stay out of foul trouble when he was guarding Luka. I'm guessing they'll give Dickinson a little more help.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It seemed like Teske could never stay out of foul trouble when he was guarding Luka. I'm guessing they'll give Dickinson a little more help.
Teske was just a big body that Garza could beat with skill. Dickinsons arms are so long that he recovers defensively out of nowhere. Michigan will sub Davis in when Garza sits but also likely try to get him to use all 5 of his allotted fouls if he’s in when Garza is.

I’m not really worried about Iowa offensively as I think this game will look a lot like the Michigan-Ohio State game. Michigan doesn’t really have a player Iowa can hide bohannon on on defense. Smith and Brooks both drive and kick as good as anyone in the league. Livers as well. Wagner, Smith, Livers, Brooks and Brown are all good shooters and like I said above, Dickinsons arms are so long he grabs a ton of offensive boards. Their only shitty player if you can call him that is Johns.

Iowa just needs to be close to matching their 3s with their own. Assume you’re going to give up 30-39 points from 3 point range. Michigan’s last 2 games have been close but both Ohio State and Wisconsin made idiotic plays in the last 3 minutes that took a 3 or 4 point game to 7 or 8. They also don’t miss free throws.

Im most worried about the 12 minute to 8 minute stretch in the first half. Fran is going to throw the usual rotation out there, Michigan goes on a little run to take a 4 point game to a 10ish point game and the rest of the game is basically played at that spread similar to last years game up there.