***Iowa v. Michigan - 2/25/21 - 6:00 PM - ESPN***

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Does Michigan double Luka, or let Luka get his like they did last year and focus on trying to shut down the rest of the team?
I doubt they double him with Dickinson in the game.

Dickinson concerns me. He’s a load in there, and with some experience playing against Luka in offseason workouts he isn’t going to be intimidated or surprised by a lot of his moves.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Dickinson concerns me. He’s a load in there, and with some experience playing against Luka in offseason workouts he isn’t going to be intimidated or surprised by a lot of his mo
I’m betting Luka has some things in store that Dickinson hasn’t seen.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I can’t remember his name off the top of my head, but the guard off the bench (transfer from Wake) for Michigan is damn good. He will harrass whatever guard they put him on.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Teske was just a big body that Garza could beat with skill. Dickinsons arms are so long that he recovers defensively out of nowhere. Michigan will sub Davis in when Garza sits but also likely try to get him to use all 5 of his allotted fouls if he’s in when Garza is.

I’m not really worried about Iowa offensively as I think this game will look a lot like the Michigan-Ohio State game. Michigan doesn’t really have a player Iowa can hide bohannon on on defense. Smith and Brooks both drive and kick as good as anyone in the league. Livers as well. Wagner, Smith, Livers, Brooks and Brown are all good shooters and like I said above, Dickinsons arms are so long he grabs a ton of offensive boards. Their only shitty player if you can call him that is Johns.

Iowa just needs to be close to matching their 3s with their own. Assume you’re going to give up 30-39 points from 3 point range. Michigan’s last 2 games have been close but both Ohio State and Wisconsin made idiotic plays in the last 3 minutes that took a 3 or 4 point game to 7 or 8. They also don’t miss free throws.

Im most worried about the 12 minute to 8 minute stretch in the first half. Fran is going to throw the usual rotation out there, Michigan goes on a little run to take a 4 point game to a 10ish point game and the rest of the game is basically played at that spread similar to last years game up there.
That’s a lot of words to say Iowa need to score more points than Michigan to win the game.

Reaction score

Dickinson concerns me. He’s a load in there, and with some experience playing against Luka in offseason workouts he isn’t going to be intimidated or surprised by a lot of his moves.
doesnt this mean that luka also knows how he defends?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I can’t remember his name off the top of my head, but the guard off the bench (transfer from Wake) for Michigan is damn good. He will harrass whatever guard they put him on.
Brown

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
doesnt this mean that luka also knows how he defends?
Sure. I think a lot of Luka’s game is the footwork and deception on the post. If someone has experience playing against that its easier to defend. Of course Luka can counter that. Just saying its not a clear advantage.

Dickinson also runs the floor well, as does Luka. If refs give Luka the benefit then advantage Iowa.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Luka on the SVP podcast mentioning Hunter Dickinson.

He's going to give him something Thursday.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Has the Big Ten said how they are going to handle the seeding? Michigan is only going to play 17 conference games and Purdue only 19 conference games.

Are they going off win percentage?

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Has the Big Ten said how they are going to handle the seeding? Michigan is only going to play 17 conference games and Purdue only 19 conference games.

Are they going off win percentage?
Yes

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Vitale wrote a kids book and gave a signed copy to my daughter which I thought was pretty awesome baby
I saw Vitale last February at the restaurant he frequents in Sarasota. Sat with him and discussed basketball and all he does for childhood cancer for awhile. It was a cool experience. Even helped him send an email to Michael Irvin because he couldn't figure out how to do it from his phone. CSB.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I saw Vitale last February at the restaurant he frequents in Sarasota. Sat with him and discussed basketball and all he does for childhood cancer for awhile. It was a cool experience. Even helped him send an email to Michael Irvin because he couldn't figure out how to do it from his phone. CSB.
Did you get his autograph????

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Another Broken Egg?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nice. My buddy played his course last week. Said it’s good, not great.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Michigan can lose this one and still very easily win the league and earn a 1-seed, all while boosting the douche's overall profile. Juwan Howard will purposely tank it tonight if he wants me to think he's a cool dude.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Show up, play hard and play smart - while making a few more FTs than usual.

Iowa does those things, I can't be mad, even with an L.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I've had 2 beers since Sunday... Longest streak in 6 or so years. This Hopslam is extra good.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, people will start to realize how important Connor is to this team. And Jack was to this team.

Can’t really expect any different of a result when Garza plays like dog shit. He’s going to need to start passing better out of the post when/if he runs into another post player like Dickinson moving forward.