***Iowa v. Michigan - 2/25/21 - 6:00 PM - ESPN***

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I, for one, would like to see some more athletes and defense on the floor consistently at this point in 10 years of Fran. It’s a decent product with varying levels of excitement, but not sure he’ll win a big ten title here or advance past sweet 16/elite 8, especially if he doesn’t this year. I suppose I’m ok with that after the previous bullshit. Hope he can get lucky with recruiting going forward.
right now our better athletes are young and therefore pretty stupid on defense.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Davison looks like a 32 year old NBA player.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I have a shocking revelation for the once we get to the tournament folks. The officiating won't be the deciding factor in any of Iowa's tournament games. Your freedom of movement dreams are going to be squashed... yet again.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I have a shocking revelation for the once we get to the tournament folks. The officiating won't be the deciding factor in any of Iowa's tournament games. Your freedom of movement dreams are going to be squashed... yet again.
Right, the scouting is going to be much more of a factor than the officiating.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
College officiating needs a complete overhaul.
The way these games are called benefits no one, especially the players. Sure as shit is a mostly awful product to watch because of it.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Right, the scouting is going to be much more of a factor than the officiating.
Of course. Just like it is now. Pressure the piss out of our guards who can't create on their own and hate contact and pray that Luka is bad. It's not a terribly complicated scouting report.

If Luka is good, you're more than likely fucked unless you're about 7-8 other teams in the country. All in all, we should be pretty happy with that.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
10 years(or more)into Frans tenure and fans(and maybe Fran)are outraged and surprised by Big 10 refs..

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Halo just wouldn't be halo to me if there weren't a bunch of pencil-necks crying about physicality so let's just cool our jets here a bit. I'm concerned.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Michigan is just a really good defensive team. Not too many teams are able to body Garza off the post AND still be tight on the guards so the kick out shot isn't there.
This is where I am at- Michigan is what Iowa would be if they could play defense

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Of course. Just like it is now. Pressure the piss out of our guards who can't create on their own and hate contact and pray that Luka is bad. It's not a terribly complicated scouting report.

If Luka is good, you're more than likely fucked unless you're about 7-8 other teams in the country. All in all, we should be pretty happy with that.
Even then, I think a strong lead guard would make Joe and CJ's deficiencies go away. Like if Toussaint didn't suck, or if JBo wasn't a slow weenie.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
10 years(or more)into Frans tenure and fans(and maybe Fran)are outraged and surprised by Big 10 refs..
i think literally zero people are outraged or surprised.

it’s just a fact. The older half of this roster is built on skill vs athleticism or physicality. We are a top 10 team.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Big Ten title is out this year it looks like. Maybe they make a run in the BTT but if they have to play Michigan again I don't like their chances. As far as the NCAAs our worst case scenario match-ups are -- anyone with a really good PG, or anyone with a big that is way bigger than Garza.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
his confidence is shot. He played well in the game where Fran benched the starters and Iowa won and the next two games out he got 2 and 4 minutes. He knows if he makes a mistake he gets the quick hook. So Iowa runs the slowest guard combo in D1 out there for 35 minutes a game.
You’ve latched on to this narrative lol

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Somehow Fran is going to navigate this team to the 6 seed in the league.
I appreciate that the man brought Iowa out of the dumpster & moving on from him may send them back there but jeez.
Arghh arggghhhhh fire someone!!!!

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Clam down people. Iowa lost to a top 3 team on the road and Garza didn't play great. That doesn't mean we need to go full retard like frodope does with his physicality shtick every time Iowa loses. Dickinson ate Garza's lunch hur dur dur!

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fuck everyone and especially fuck IowaFan.

What in the mother fuck do you expect from Iowa Basketball? It has been relevant twice in 40 fucking years, and that took a Hall of Fame coach for one of them and the other one was because we had a guy willing to cheat and pay for athletes from Detroit.

Name a player that Fran isn't getting far above their potential from where they were ranked where they came in? Patrick? Toussaint? Gee, the one guy you might be able to name isn't where he should be because he was riddled with the after effects of cancer.

Garza is stupidly above where he was ever supposed to be. bohannon is much much better. Fredrick is the bargain of the century. Connor at worst is about where he should be.

Fran has Iowa as a very legit Top 5-10 team with the player of the year in back to back years and one of the best wing guards in the country.

If anyone is complaining about that on any level, you're an asshole.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I mean, Dickinson did eat his lunch.
Nah, he did a good job contesting but Garza normally finishes 3-4 more of those post moves. He still outscored him and played terrible. That doesn't meet the eating someone's lunch threshold. If your post was a terrible joke please apologize, TIA.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Nah, he did a good job contesting but Garza normally finishes 3-4 more of those post moves. He still outscored him and played terrible. That doesn't meet the eating someone's lunch threshold. If your post was a terrible joke please apologize, TIA.
No, he ate his lunch. 19 shots to score 16 points and Dickinson needed 13 to score 14. Luka had 4 rebounds to Dickinson's 8.

Neither were efficient, but Dickinson clearly was better defensively.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
For fuck's sake, Dickinson forced Garza to take tough shots and kept him off the glass. Shit happens, acknowledging that doesn't mean Garza isn't having a great season.

Maybe in some parallel universe Garza made those shots, or maybe missing shots is basically making them. Strong point.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Nah, he did a good job contesting but Garza normally finishes 3-4 more of those post moves. He still outscored him and played terrible. That doesn't meet the eating someone's lunch threshold.
With all due respect, you're a fucking idiot, Billy. 6-19 from the field. 4 rebounds with a couple embarrassing stuffs. Take the homer glasses off.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
I hope Doug is digging up all the stats to show me

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
Luka appears worn down. Double teams will do that.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
I do agree with this.
It’s very obvious. Probably goes back to near the start of February in my mind. I know he’s had multiple really good games but that’s when I noticed. No knock on him, he busts his ass, he’s just been rode too hard by fran

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
I actually hope Iowa gets bounced in the BTT so luka can get right for the real dance.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
Lol, what’s so terrible about what I said. Hardly seems line any of this is in my top 10 of dumb shit said.