**Iowa vs. Cincinnati Basketball - 12/21/19 - 8pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
#24 KenPom vs. #49 KenPom on a neutral court. Win this and they will get to 10-3 before January.

Iowa should be -4 or -5

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Haven't seen Cincinnati play this year but I'm going to assume they are less rapey without Mick Cronin since they allowed 91 to Bowling Green and lost.

Reaction score
Haven't seen Cincinnati play this year but I'm going to assume they are less rapey without Mick Cronin since they allowed 91 to Bowling Green and lost.
They're ranked 50th in defense right now, their worst since 2009. Offense also worse than it's been in a few years. Brought Cumberland and a few pieces back from last year and added his cousin as a transfer.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the logic that officials should change the way they call the game based on game situation, but hot damn on that call.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Should have called the flop by the Colgate guy if calling anything in that situation

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Quite the ego on that guy for trying to sneak in TWO buzzer beating attempts.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Yea I was ready to just brush it off

Reaction score
If you want to crown them, then crown their ass.

-Dennis Green
-Turtley78​

Reaction score
The audio of the Cincinnati Colage ending is amazing and necessary for the full effect. Anytime the color commentator can only gasp "What ... What's he doing?" it is a vintage fuck up.

Reaction score
Apparently Cumberland said "I didn't know the score" but there's no score scenario where a 60' shot with 5 seconds left is on the table as a potential play.

Reaction score
That is the most bizarre ending I have seen in a long time.

Reaction score
No 21 Tennessee(7-2) plays @ Cincinnati(6-4) tonight at 6:00pm on ESPN2 for those interested.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Cincinnati won, 78-66. They aren't lacking in athletes.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
In years past that would scare me but Garza is the great equalizer. Just dump it in to him and he will dominate their tall skinny white boy. They mentioned it during the game but Cumberland also looks hurt. He didn't even have enough lift to dunk it with a running start. Just make those guys shoot jumpers and we have a good shot.

Reaction score
In years past that would scare me but Garza is the great equalizer. Just dump it in to him and he will dominate their tall skinny white boy. They mentioned it during the game but Cumberland also looks hurt. He didn't even have enough lift to dunk it with a running start. Just make those guys shoot jumpers and we have a good shot.
Also, if we score more points than them, we should win.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Cincy did not look great. Undisciplined and sloppy. Iowa wins this game easily unless they can't shoot the ball.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
It’s between JoeT and Kriener I’m guessing and it better not be Kriener.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Yeah starting Kriener really makes no sense. Then your only backup post is Pemsl.

At least with the guards you can stagger them with Evelyn.

Bob

Reaction score
They really need at least one of Garza or Kreiner on the floor as much as possible, those Pemsl center minutes are a disaster. I feel bad for the dude, he was a good player his freshman year but he can't move or jump at all anymore

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Love the starting 5. Hopefully, they consistently play about 30 minutes each.

That bench though....

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Fucking love this. There are going to be some rough moments for JT but Fran just gave him the keys. Lot of potential the next few years
Exactly. He’ll be infuriating to watch at times, but he has a lot of potential and a quick point guard who can beat guys off the dribble is something we’ve been sorely lacking for years. Let him learn through trial by fire and we’ll be a dangerous team next year and may still make the tournament this year.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Fucking love this. There are going to be some rough moments for JT but Fran just gave him the keys. Lot of potential the next few years
Exactly. He’ll be infuriating to watch at times, but he has a lot of potential and a quick point guard who can beat guys off the dribble is something we’ve been sorely lacking for years. Let him learn through trial by fire and we’ll be a dangerous team next year and may still make the tournament this year.
Impressive

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Impressive
Sounds like podcast material for our resident coaching expert.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
They really need at least one of Garza or Kreiner on the floor as much as possible, those Pemsl center minutes are a disaster. I feel bad for the dude, he was a good player his freshman year but he can't move or jump at all anymore
My least favorite lineups Iowa runs out are those that include both Pemsl/Kriener. They should never be on the court at the same time. One solid way to ensure that never happens is to never play Pemsl at all. At this point I would rather have Riley Till on the court than Pemsl. At least Till understands/accepts his role and plays within himself.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Cumberland looks to be on the verge of tears when I’ve seen him play this year. I’m not sure if it’s going to be Pemsl or Connor that sends him over the edge.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I'm really excited about the game tonight. That isn't an every game feeling like it is for football. This is a huge game for the post-season resume (even though I don't think Cincy is very good)

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm really excited about the game tonight. That isn't an every game feeling like it is for football. This is a huge game for the post-season resume (even though I don't think Cincy is very good)
With all the losses from last year and bohannon banged up, had you told me they’d be 8-3 with a neutral site win over Tex Tech, road wins over Syracuse and Iowa St, and favored over Cincy, I would have said you’re nuts.