**Iowa vs. Cincinnati Basketball - 12/21/19 - 8pm - BTN**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’m with BBK here, while I love those funbags if i made the decision to trade in it wouldn’t be for a 30 year old.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I’m with BBK here, while I love those funbags if i made the decision to trade in it wouldn’t be for a 30 year old.
Lol. Your fat ugly ass wouldn't even get the chance to trade it in for a 40 year old townie bar slut from Lone Tree.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Love that Fran is sitting mofos as soon as he sees a struggle
That man can watch a missed rotation on defense all day long and not say a thing but you turn that thing over on offense he wants to kill some motherfuckers. Except if you're Ryan Kriener.

Every player but Pemsl and Connor had at least 3 turnovers and those guys had 2. What a crazy game.

douglasbader

Reaction score
What a fucking delusion. Beebs was a fat fuck that got skinny, had the balls to move away and learn Spanish and the ways of the locals. He is a unicorn in a sea of hot semi-third world pussy doing his thing at 37 years old.

The rest of HaloMan is old, fat, boring and hasn't seen their tiny pecker in years. The best they possibly could hope for is a similar divorcee with a body that looks good in slimming black clothes and some spanx.

"If I made the decision to trade it in it wouldn't be for a 30 year old" says the 41 year old dork. Lolz.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I've balled about 5-6 women over 30 in my life. I'll take a girl in her early 20s nearly every time, however.

I fucked this 43 year old grandma in Miami. No matter what dirty talk I came at her with, she would only say "Oh baby."

To try to throw her off one night, I changed up my typical sexual deviant rhetoric and called her "Mom."

Just gave me another "Oh baby."

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Love that Fran is sitting mofos as soon as he sees a struggle
That man can watch a missed rotation on defense all day long and not say a thing but you turn that thing over on offense he wants to kill some motherfuckers. Except if you're Ryan Kriener.

Every player but Pemsl and Connor had at least 3 turnovers and those guys had 2. What a crazy game.
Maybe Pemsl had just two officially, but that motherfucker was partly responsible for many others.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I've balled about 5-6 women over 30 in my life. I'll take a girl in her early 20s nearly every time, however.

I fucked this 43 year old grandma in Miami. No matter what dirty talk I came at her with, she would only say "Oh baby."

To try to throw her off one night, I changed up my typical sexual deviant rhetoric and called her "Mom."

Just gave me another "Oh baby."
You're living in a fantasy land where you are the White Unicorn with more money and influence than these ladies have ever seen.

HaloMan is living in Ankeny. They might get to see a 32 year old woman with 2 kids and minimal stretch marks at Target if they are lucky.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
What a fucking delusion. Beebs was a fat fuck that got skinny, had the balls to move away and learn Spanish and the ways of the locals. He is a unicorn in a sea of hot semi-third world pussy doing his thing at 37 years old.

The rest of HaloMan is old, fat, boring and hasn't seen their tiny pecker in years. The best they possibly could hope for is a similar divorcee with a body that looks good in slimming black clothes and some spanx.

"If I made the decision to trade it in it wouldn't be for a 30 year old" says the 41 year old dork. Lolz.
Not being crazy opens doors that you wouldn’t believe. A whole new world.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Homo say what?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Homo say what?
what

Reaction score
I assume a lot will be made of Toussaint's minutes, but I don't know what Fran should have done.

I'd like him to be able to play through his mistakes, but he seems like a guy that would press even harder to make up for his mistakes.
Agreed. I was hoping he'd go back to him midway through the 2nd half when everyone else was coughing it up but I get it. 3 turnovers and 3 fouls in 4 minutes. Holy shit.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
If he just comes to a jump stop he’s got options.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Toussaint will be fine, but Bakari is your new starting PG and that is a good thing.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Speaking of chicks over 30, any updates on your ex BBK?
She's a month from turning 42. Body still appears good, but her face is giving way to some typical 42 year old erosion; but she's also had a little work done on it.

Living with some cop in Ohio. She kind of always dates cops now. They are both hardcore Trumptards. I remember when she cried tears of joy when Obama got elected. Times change, people change.

Her daughter is 3 months from 18. She's really pretty. No I'm not going to post a photo. No I'm not a creep. I will say she's already a lil thick tho and might have to be weary of the Ides of a freshman 15.

Reaction score
That was some of the craziest shit I've ever seen. 24 turnovers to 7. They were 14-18 at the line, we were 20-30. Turned it over 31% of the time we had the ball, every player that stepped on the court had between 2 and 5 turnovers. Win by 7 against a top 50-ish team. Hit some big shots when we needed them and a couple of nice timely runs.

Luka didn't have a great offensive game but 13 boards, 5 blocks, 2 assists and a steal is good shit. 9 boards from Connor, 7 from Evelyn.

Basically played a 7 man rotation. It's really too bad Patrick isn't able to play. Especially where the rotation is right now, I feel like he could add a nice element even at 10-14 minutes per game. I have no idea what his status is, but if he can be back mid-January or so I think it would be worth burning the medical redshirt.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
How the fuck did they win that game?
Cincy shot 34% and Iowa fucking destroyed them on the glass. Iowa also shot 45% from three.

That is your game right there. Despite having 24 turnovers to their 7 turnovers and missing 10 free throws to their 4, you win games if you don't give them second chance points.
Going from memory, four of the missed FTs came on front ends.
Missing the front end really grinds my gears. Should be considered a turnover.

Reaction score
Cincy shot 34% and Iowa fucking destroyed them on the glass. Iowa also shot 45% from three.

That is your game right there. Despite having 24 turnovers to their 7 turnovers and missing 10 free throws to their 4, you win games if you don't give them second chance points.
I'm guessing you were about a career 60% guy.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I feel like right when I'm about to murder kreiner, he does something good.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
I’m guessing 69%

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

There should be a stat for this. Effective free throw percentage. It should count for two misses, not one.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Toussaint will be fine, but Bakari is your new starting PG and that is a good thing.
I thought it looked like he struggled to run the offense. Calling it a good thing seems like a stretch. He had some great moments last night but he’s been Maishe level or worse prior.

Hopefully this next game they can use to settle Touissant down

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That was some of the craziest shit I've ever seen. 24 turnovers to 7. They were 14-18 at the line, we were 20-30. Turned it over 31% of the time we had the ball, every player that stepped on the court had between 2 and 5 turnovers. Win by 7 against a top 50-ish team. Hit some big shots when we needed them and a couple of nice timely runs.

Luka didn't have a great offensive game but 13 boards, 5 blocks, 2 assists and a steal is good shit. 9 boards from Connor, 7 from Evelyn.

Basically played a 7 man rotation. It's really too bad Patrick isn't able to play. Especially where the rotation is right now, I feel like he could add a nice element even at 10-14 minutes per game. I have no idea what his status is, but if he can be back mid-January or so I think it would be worth burning the medical redshirt.
I was hoping for the same thing regarding Patrick but Fran already said he’s done for the year.

With no knowledge of the medical issue, I think it would be smarter to have him redshirt next year. My fear is Fran is going to go back to a 12 man rotation again.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I thought it looked like he struggled to run the offense. Calling it a good thing seems like a stretch. He had some great moments last night but he’s been Maishe level or worse prior.

Bakari had 5 turnovers. He had a decent game, but he’s not the answer

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Hmmmm.

Evelyn is pretty terrible.
Evelyn and Kreiner are horrible.
I mean, it of course wasn't as bad as Chris Street being killed, but that was one of the worst days for Iowa Basketball that I can remember.

Maybe that game will be a wake up call for Fran. It was pretty obvious that Connor/Nunge are completely overmatched starting and playing at a high level.

Hopefully the end of the game shows him that Joe T and Pemsl should be starting sooner than later. Evelyn sucks. Wieskamp was a nutless passive monkey. Garza looked like a flailing retard.

CJ Fredrick is competitive, can shoot, get a shot and has some nuts.

Fuck everything.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It was a nice spark game from Evelyn, but to expect that consistently is not realistic. He's a bench guy who hopefully has a good night here and there

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I don’t think we should point to the turnover stat line after last night to determine who should and shouldn’t start, otherwise there wouldn’t be anyone for them to introduce against Kennesaw State.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Almost all of them are correctable. At least 4 I can count on where they tried to dribble where there was no room. One was weiskamp against their press where he stopped at half court and then got picked. A couple weak handoffs were intercepted bc they weren’t being strong with the ball. Those are all correctable.

The passes to the wing were an issue for awhile. Looked like sometimes they were open but the guy wouldn’t pass it to him. Sometimes they were struggling to get open.

douglasbader

Reaction score

You guys aren't getting what I mean by "good thing". I don't think Bakari is going to play close offensively to what he did last night, but what the first group needs is for someone to come in and not try and do too much and not turn the ball over. Yeah, he turned it over last night in spots, but everyone did and that was more the pressure that Cincy plays.

Toussaint by nature at this point is a guard that comes in and tries to make things happen. He started off the game like that last night. Too hyped and trying to do too much.

The "good thing" is saying this will take pressure off Toussaint and let him grow more naturally. Bakari is a senior and can handle the role and not have to score.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Joe T was too amped. Just going too fast. Happens to young PGs. He’ll be fine
But he's been playing like that since the season started - going full speed down the court, often completely out-of-control. Either Fran or one of the coaches needs to sit down with him and tell him to start using his head and not his adrenilin.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Joe T was too amped. Just going too fast. Happens to young PGs. He’ll be fine
But he's been playing like that since the season started - going full speed down the court, often completely out-of-control. Either Fran or one of the coaches needs to sit down with him and tell him to start using his head and not his adrenilin.
I’m sure they are. PG is a tough position to learn. He’s a true freshman and probably won’t really know what he’s doing until midway through next season. And what I mean by that is truly knowing all that it takes to play the position. Physical skills are there. The nuance of changing speeds sometimes needs to be learned.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Lol at anyone thinking some freshman PG is going to step in at Iowa (especially under Fran) and look like senior Andre Woolridge. There are going to be some extreme growing pains with him and if he can learn from his fuck-ups last night, he will be fine. If he can't and he's un-coachable, well, we'll have several years of frustration.

Iowa fan has found their new gripe. 12 games into the season.

champion_thedrinker

L. Wade Jr.
Reaction score
Touissant will be fine. He can afford to shift down a gear offensively and still be effective once he learns to pick his spots.
Defense will be there regardless.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Within the same year he was playing some no name school in a tiny gym that maybe had a couple college level players. Last night he was in Chicago playing Cincy at the United Center in his first start. He struggled. It happens.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I also felt like the refs effed him pretty good and that last night was more about Fran wanting to teach him a lesson.

A couple of his to's could have just as easily been blocking fouls and the offensive foul is almost never called.

Good teaching night for him. He'll learn.