- Iowa vs Illinois. 1/29/21. 8:00pm. FS1 -

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The bigger thing is, if CJ is still "very doubtful" after 8 days off, then he's dealing with something that is likely going to be shit the rest of the season.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Oh fuck the fuck off.

What are you idiots talking about? How is CJ any sort of a disappointment? He is Sophomore averaging 9 points per game shooting 50% from three on a Top 5ish team with a super scoring player of the year center, a high scoring wing and a potentially explosive shooting/scoring PG while also clearly being dinged up for a few weeks.

Anyone who thinks he is a disappointment in any way is a total fucking moron.
Little D, Shawnee is simply saying that CJ hasn’t made the jump many expected. I’m willing to give him mostly a pass because as usual the UI has fucked up repairing an injury.
Shawnee actually really loves CJ, he just hasn’t progressed as I hoped he would.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Little D, Shawnee is simply saying that CJ hasn’t made the jump many expected. I’m willing to give him mostly a pass because as usual the UI has fucked up repairing an injury.
Shawnee actually really loves CJ, he just hasn’t progressed as I hoped he would.
Tiny S, I'm simply saying that you're fucking dumb and what "jump many expected" are you talking about?

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
No both statements are not true. If CJ has been a disappointment to you this year then your expectations of his role on a team with 3 other elite producers was way out of whack. He’s shooting 50% from 3, is a solid perimeter defender, and does not turn the ball over. What part of his game disappoints you?

I’d encourage anyone who thinks he isn’t a big loss to go back and watch Iowa’s first game with Illinois last year. He was an absolute stud and made life really hard for Ayo.
Lol, I said he’s very important my man.
My complaint is probably that he’s too passive offensively and disappears for lonnnng stretches.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
Tiny S, I'm simply saying that you're fucking dumb and what "jump many expected" are you talking about?
Little d, Most folks thought he’d increase his volume on offense to reflect his obvious skill. He’s too passive.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This is dumb. He was really fucking good last year.

Who is he going to take shots from? Garza? Wieskamp? Iowa essentially traded and got bohannon for Kreiner. You’re nuts if you think he was going to be getting more shots this year.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
The bigger thing is, if CJ is still "very doubtful" after 8 days off, then he's dealing with something that is likely going to be shit the rest of the season.
Yup, fucked up a scope.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
When CJ was healthy he was the 3rd/4th option on the #1 offensive efficiency team in the country. WTF are the expectations?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
It's a way hotter take, even that one was based in RATT when it was said and QB's weren't playing until they were 45 years old.
I’m not questioning the hot take, just want to know how far back we are going.

basically I want to know if my retarded hot tales are in clear. I believe Ivan called me out for a Garza comment during the DePaul game

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's a way hotter take, even that one was based in RATT when it was said and QB's weren't playing until they were 45 years old.
LOL. No.

Tom Brady’s career is over is the worst hot take in the history of the universe.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I said it last year when they had to shut him down more than once with foot/ankle issues. You hope it’s not a long term thing like Tony Moeaki where they’re just always injured. It’s probably something we’ll just have to get used to.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Personally I expect the 3rd/4th option on a deep team to average 30 points a game. Jumps not taken, obviously.
This reminds me of a Micker post from like 10 years ago in a football prediction thread where he said Iowa would have like a 3000-yard passer, 1000-yard rusher and possibly two 1000-yard receivers. And there might have been like one other crazy thing and all those things had never happened before in FBS history and the closest thing was the 2005 USC team.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
Anyone that is saying they didn’t expect just a tiny bit more from CJ is a liar.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Anyone that is saying they didn’t expect just a tiny bit more from CJ is a liar.
I’m still appalled at his rebounding.

I will fully admit i expected more this year but Wieskamp has been better than I expected so I think that evens out considering where they both play on the court.

also we are getting more out of the four with nunge and Murray than we did with kriener/Wanda Sykes so CJs scoring not going up is not all that shocking in hindsight

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Told you he was hurt STUPID

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Yeah we should probably kill him though, just to be sure.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I think I'd rather have nunge starting. Maybe he wouldn't feel the need to play heroball

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
You want to limit the time with Connor and Joe T. together.
Is this because of where Joe T is at mentally?Otherwise it would basically be the same lineup as last year just swapping bohannon in for Fredrick.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Yep. Keegan can shoot, drive, and make post entry passes.