- Iowa vs Illinois. 1/29/21. 8:00pm. FS1 -

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If CJ is out much longer, Fran needs to figure out ways to open up the offense for Jordan. He’s getting hounded by the defense. Just watch how teams are now defending him as he crosses half court whether or not he has the ball.

Pedro Gomez

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Doug. Let's be buds. Let's also completely ignore tonight's game. Convince me Iowa plays good defense and Fran is a good coach. Call me a Wal Mart fan or whatever, but convince me. Thanks
Doug. I took Foxhawks cock out of my throat. We good now?

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I reeeeeeeeally want to win the regular season douche championship, but losses like this are still going to happen. Oh the horror of losing to a top 10 team (NET) on the road without a starter. Douche champ is still within reach. Also, games like this give the younger guys experience that help them learn and grow, especially when Fran shows them confidence in a big game like this. That will/should help guys like Murray and Perkins later this year when it really counts. Hell it should help for next game if CJ is still out.

Losing sucked, but that’s generally how shit works on the road, especially if your opponent is actually good and fired up on top of it. Hard for me to get too pissed off based on the situation. This team is still really fucking good.

(Really need to get CJ healthy though too btw)

Reaction score
I reeeeeeeeally want to win the regular season douche championship, but losses like this are still going to happen. Oh the horror of losing to a top 10 team (NET) on the road without a starter. Douche champ is still within reach. Also, games like this give the younger guys experience that help them learn and grow, especially when Fran shows them confidence in a big game like this. That will/should help guys like Murray and Perkins later this year when it really counts. Hell it should help for next game if CJ is still out.

Losing sucked, but that’s generally how shit works on the road, especially if your opponent is actually good and fired up on top of it. Hard for me to get too pissed off based on the situation. This team is still really fucking good.

Yep. Fran said Keegan beats himself up more than he should. Missed some open 3's tonight and that look inside he should've had but is our best rebounder, maybe our best defender. Couple lapses tonight but got 31 minutes and will be better for it. Perkins got 7 crunch time minutes. Nunge had bad hands and a couple quick shots but was a legit presence inside and sparked that spurt we had. Toussaint had his usual couple mistakes going too fast but was 3-5 and overall played better than he had been.

Reaction score
The Fran Fade is stupid and even more this year. A team a veterans, plus not 5k stupid Hawkeye fans packing Carver moaning if the squad gets down 5-7 points in the 2nd half of a game.
It sucks not being at Carver, but nice the players can play without hearing idiots boo and head for the exits at the under 4:00 mark.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score

This game doesn’t hurt for the giant douche, but Minnesota and Indiana did. Michigan will be tough to overcome. The margin is super narrow.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If CJ is out much longer, Fran needs to figure out ways to open up the offense for Jordan. He’s getting hounded by the defense. Just watch how teams are now defending him as he crosses half court whether or not he has the ball.
I'd rather have him off the ball at this point. It's easier to sell those fouls when you don't have to worry about turning the ball over. Maybe use him like Golden State uses Curry and make him a screener to make the defense make some tough decisions. I think it's easier for the defense when the ball is in his hands.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
The Fran Fade is stupid and even more this year. A team a veterans, plus not 5k stupid Hawkeye fans packing Carver moaning if the squad gets down 5-7 points in the 2nd half of a game.
It sucks not being at Carver, but nice the players can play without hearing idiots boo and head for the exits at the under 4:00 mark.
I would imagine the players would prefer fans at home.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'd rather have him off the ball at this point. It's easier to sell those fouls when you don't have to worry about turning the ball over. Maybe use him like Golden State uses Curry and make him a screener to make the defense make some tough decisions. I think it's easier for the defense when the ball is in his hands.
That would be ideal but then you have to find ways to get Connor to the wing to feed Garza.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Yep. Fran said Keegan beats himself up more than he should. Missed some open 3's tonight and that look inside he should've had but is our best rebounder, maybe our best defender. Couple lapses tonight but got 31 minutes and will be better for it. Perkins got 7 crunch time minutes. Nunge had bad hands and a couple quick shots but was a legit presence inside and sparked that spurt we had. Toussaint had his usual couple mistakes going too fast but was 3-5 and overall played better than he had been.
I really like Nunge inside. His rebounding and shot blocking is a legit talent. Him shooting a 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock is my biggest problem (unless he makes it of course). Toussaint might be my biggest issue lately. Right or wrong I’m not seeing jack from him and I think he disrupts everything. He’ll pull something out of his ass every once in awhile, but the Walmart fan in me wants to see Ulis.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Btw it’s amazing how much better Connor is at feeding the post than anyone else. bohannon is dogshit which is really inexcusable.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Btw it’s amazing how much better Connor is at feeding the post than anyone else. bohannon is dogshit which is really inexcusable.
I think the excuse is he isn't very athletic or strong, so his defender doesn't give him any space.

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I still feel pretty good about this team. They lost by five on the road against a top 15 team where they didn’t get a whistle the last ten minutes and held their own in the second half while playing an all frosh/soph lineup for an extended period. Outside of Gonzaga and Baylor there are no potential great teams this year. The ACC, SEC, and Pac 12 are all way down with Bama and Virginia currently the two best in those conferences. The Big 12 and Big Ten each have several good but inconsistent teams. After that you are looking at Villanova, Creighton and Houston as other potential Final Four teams and Creighton has had several disappointing losses. Too many Iowa fans only watch Iowa or the Big Ten and don’t realize Iowa isn’t the only team making boneheaded mistakes and losing games they could have won.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
One thing people need to keep in mind come tournament time is teams outside the Big Ten will defend Iowa much different because they’re less familiar. bohannon will make plenty of shots then.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
This is a shortened clip but Fran actually did a good job. Some media members asked him to discuss the refs and he was able to do it in a way that prevents him from getting fined and still got his point across. He even complimented Chad several times

JamesMouton

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
This is a shortened clip but Fran actually did a good job. Some media members asked him to discuss the refs and he was able to do it in a way that prevents him from getting fined and still got his point across. He even complimented Chad several times
Hassel can get bent. Let's win 4 in a row and shut all these fake fans up.

demmert4

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Eickholt is like 24 years old and is more mature with a better understanding of how things work then almost all the other Iowa media guys. Maybe Hassel could pull his head out of his ass long enough for a little self reflection. Probably too much to ask for the star of an internet sports channel 7 people watch.

Last edited:

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Somehow in the steaming hot pile of trash that Iowa media is, the dude who got a job with espn has become the worst of the worst and you’re now seeing Eickholt, Miller, and even Howe coming to Frans defense.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Anyone in this thread going to speak Chris’ last name correctly or are we just letting that go?

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ole Chris is digging in like a drunken haloite on a Sunday night.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I’m not down on Iowa at all. They played great for the most part. I’m not a blame the refs guy but that officiating was the worst I’ve seen this year and that is saying something.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I don’t even care about the driveby national media. It isn’t going to cost Iowa recruits at this point. It’s more maddening to me the plethora of Iowa fans who are anti Fran. He’s had sustained success and is likely about to check off the one thing that I think all of us yearn for (a S16/deep tournament run). We have had it good.

I am a big believer in mindset being the #1 predictor of individual success. Currently there is a take no shit, confident/borderline arrogant mindset/culture in the program that he has curated. I love that and I don’t know how you can not be excited for the future. When watching Iowa there’s a part of me that really wants them to win because I want to see the people who continually shit on Fran have to eat shit.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
And shoutout to Connor McCaffery. Remember early on in Frans time here where Iowa would back down from physical play and fold in late game situations? I’m preaching to the choir here but Connor has brought just about everything that this program needed when he arrived.