- Iowa vs Illinois. 1/29/21. 8:00pm. FS1 -

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
The dichotomy of how the average iowa fan treats their own vs how the average ISU fan treats their own is stunning.
Is there a single person in any way connected with Iowa State sports that would attempt to cast one of their coaches in a negative light based on something like that clip? LOL

Last edited:

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Is there a single person in anyway connected with Iowa State sports that would attempt to cast one of their coaches in a negative light based on something like that clip? LOL
No. The fact that the MAJORITY of Iowa fans wanted the coach fired after the radio guy talked shit about a player on the team and compared a black player to an ape says it all

Reaction score
Is there a single person in any way connected with Iowa State sports that would attempt to cast one of their coaches in a negative light based on something like that clip? LOL
Cue Horse Teeth's B12 game meltdown.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't think anyone wanted Fran fired over that, at least not most (and anyone rational) people. I think it was much more not wanting Gary Dolphin fired.
I think it’s a lot more than you think. Got the rational part right thou.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I don't think anyone wanted Fran fired over that, at least not most (and anyone rational) people. I think it was much more not wanting Gary Dolphin fired.
There were a bunch of fans saying that if anyone should be fired it should be Fran. The fact that so many totally excused Dolphins actions and made it into a Fran issue was truly something. Hassel was actively leading the campaign against Fran during the winter of 2019. Dolph stuff plus Fran calling the official a cheating motherfucker at OSU.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
There were a bunch of fans saying that if anyone should be fired it should be Fran. The fact that so many totally excused Dolphins actions and made it into a Fran issue was truly something. Hassel was actively leading the campaign against Fran during the winter of 2019. Dolph stuff plus Fran calling the official a cheating motherfucker at OSU.
Shockingly, in both cases Fran was right.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Shockingly, in both cases Fran was right.
I might be more pro Fran than just about anyone I know, but there really aren’t many instances where Fran has been wrong. You can dislike his outbursts but even in his worst moments (ejections at UNI and Wisconsin, going after Dolph in post game interview about the eye poking, etc) he is getting emotional out of an extreme loyalty to his players. When he feels like his guys are being wronged he’s stepping in to fight for them. I see why some don’t like it, but I respect the hell out of Fran for it

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I might be more pro Fran than just about anyone I know, but there really aren’t many instances where Fran has been wrong. You can dislike his outbursts but even in his worst moments (ejections at UNI and Wisconsin, going after Dolph in post game interview about the eye poking, etc) he is getting emotional out of an extreme loyalty to his players. When he feels like his guys are being wronged he’s stepping in to fight for them. I see why some don’t like it, but I respect the hell out of Fran for it
This is me as well and I couldn’t have written it better. Fran is going to protect his players even if that makes him look bad. Not saying this stupid Hassel driven thing does.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Fran’s former players pretty much universally love him.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
And it sounds like all the Big Ten coaches love him for the same reason based on the Tim Miles interview a while back. He's not afraid of confrontation when he believes in something. He won't back down from anything besides the slight possibility one of his players may foul out.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I like how halo gets pre mad at Iowa fan immediately following a loss

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
My friend was bitching today about iowa not winning a close game all year and how it’s a bad sign.

1. It’s false
2. We blow teams out

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
My friend was bitching today about iowa not winning a close game all year and how it’s a bad sign.

1. It’s false
2. We blow teams out
Yeah, that's dumb. Iowa has 6 conference wins. 5 of the 6 wins are by 15 or more points, and the 6th was a close win against Rutgers that Iowa probably should have lost.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He is still on that shit? Fran may be an ahole but that is a poor example of it. Basically was asked a question he couldn't answer and gave a jokey work around. Suck a fat one Hassel.

JamesMouton

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The Hawkeyes are of National importance in basketball again. Top 5 in KenPom, 12/1 right now to win the National Title, National POY on the team, and many talking heads Final Four pick. Anyone bitching about the first minute of Fran's press conf following a tough loss vs a good team on the road with BS calls going against us can kick rocks.

Fran has brought Iowa from the dumpster fire of Lick back to the National Stage. Go Hawks!