**Iowa vs. Illinois Basketball - 3/8/20 - 6pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
There were a lot of bubble years where you could single out a single loss that knocked them out (in hindsight). I don't even really see this as a big game honestly, itd be nice to win though.

I liked how we matched up with them the last time. Joe/CJ combined for 36 but only made three 3's, and they held Dosunmo in check.
Yeah, but most of those bubble years Iowa wasn't a threat to make it to the Sweet 16 even if they got in. They would have had a 12/11/10 seed and been prison rape material against a #1 or #2 seed in the second round at best.

This year winning this game and getting that double bye and even winning at least 1 game could be the difference between playing a mid or low major in the first round and maybe a #4 or #5 seed (or a double digit seed if there is an upset) to get to the Sweet 16 and having to play a dangerous Power 6 team and a #2 or #3 seed to get to the Sweet 16.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Yeah, but most of those bubble years Iowa wasn't a threat to make it to the Sweet 16 even if they got in. They would have had a 12/11/10 seed and been prison rape material against a #1 or #2 seed in the second round at best.

This year winning this game and getting that double bye and even winning at least 1 game could be the difference between playing a mid or low major in the first round and maybe a #4 or #5 seed (or a double digit seed if there is an upset) to get to the Sweet 16 and having to play a dangerous Power 6 team and a #2 or #3 seed to get to the Sweet 16.
The other side of that is there are zero great teams this year. So seeding matters less. I’m a bit torn in that I think rest will be good, but I also think it’s more important for joe to get right. If joe’s right they go deep in the big ten.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
FWIW, Shelby Mast has been pretty solid over the years and he believes a 3 seed is still in play for Iowa (win out). He said a win at Illinois and loss in the title game should be good enough for a 4.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
FWIW, Shelby Mast has been pretty solid over the years and he believes a 3 seed is still in play for Iowa (win out). He said a win at Illinois and loss in the title game should be good enough for a 4.
Lol

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I suppose there are some scenarios where a 3 seed happens. But there haven't been very many ten loss three seeds. (I have no idea)

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
A 5 seed in the BTT would be cool, but fuck that noise.

Win and take the 4, boyz!

Getting that extra day of rest & only having to play 3 games to win it all would be pretty damned sweet, with a 3-man bench.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I hope Beshanizvili gets a ton of playing time tonight instead of Cockburn.

We think JoeW has looked bad? Well, he has. But that Georgi guy has been a complete and total dumpster fire for ILL.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Him and Cockburn don’t compliment each other well at all. They’re basically the same player but Cockburn is much larger so Georgi gets pushed out to the Pemsl role.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
If Iowa loses and OSU wins, they aren't tied. OSU is a game ahead so they finish 5th. Iowa wins the tiebreaker for 6th.
It looks / feels like Michigan State isn't losing this game.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I still like MSU to win, but OSU is hanging around at half.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fucking lesbian with his stupid ass shit cost the team a lot of momentum with his weak ass passing and finally getting called on his not taking the ball out correctly.

And the earth needs to open up and swallow Champaign after the Hawks leave town tonight.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fuck Illinois.

They got a raping, similar to last year's BTT game vs Iowa, coming on Friday.