**Iowa vs. Illinois Basketball - 3/8/20 - 6pm - BTN**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nobody listened to the postgame?
i watched the whole thing you stupid racist fuck. I have crazy respect for Ayo and so do our kids. If you can’t understand him go back to Keosauqua or Menlo or whatever hick town that caused you to think that way.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I don't doubt what CJ is saying about the defense, but the best thing to do, by far, is to STFU and get better.
Agree, but I think CJ is enough of a redass that he’ll learn to fight through it. IMO he’s still going through some “welcome to the Big Ten” type growing pains, especially with being injured off and on. To me, he gives off the opposite vibe Wieskamp does.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Agree, but I think CJ is enough of a redass that he’ll learn to fight through it. IMO he’s still going through some “welcome to the Big Ten” type growing pains, especially with being injured off and on. To me, he gives off the opposite vibe Wieskamp does.
What annoys me is that the big ten has been like this for years but Iowa largely continues to get pushed around.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
He was, but JoeT was the best player on Iowa not named Luka. I thought it was a bad decision by Fran to sit him.
It was a tough call. We were losing ground with that 5...and once we start the rally it’s hard to make the change when BK is playing well.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
It was a tough call. We were losing ground with that 5...and once we start the rally it’s hard to make the change when BK is playing well.
He wouldn’t necessarily have to just go in for BK. He could’ve grabbed two minutes each from all the other guards and contributed positively.

it’s a cows opinion anyhow.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
In one corner you have Luka Garza who plays with limitless heart and guts and in the other corner, Joe W. is hiding, praying the ball doesn't find him and playing with no heart.
The best thing* about Garza is how he responds to a player getting the better of him. Oturu and the dude from Maryland both have gotten him a few times, rejected his ass into the fifth row.

The next possession he just keeps fighting for position.

*aside from his eyebrows

Reaction score
Starting 12/6 vs. Michigan thru 2/8 when he scored 30 on Nebrantska:
13 of 16 games with an offensive rating over 100. Six 20+ point games. Averaged 17.6 ppg, 6.5 boards, shot 56% from 2, 39% from 3.

2/13 to the end of the year:
1 of 7 games with an offensive rating over 100. No games over 16. Averaged 9.3 ppg, 5.9 boards, shot 40% from 2, 4/30 (13%) from 3.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
13 of 16 games with an offensive rating over 100. Six 20+ point games. Averaged 17.6 ppg, 6.5 boards, shot 56% from 2, 39% from 3.

1 of 7 games with an offensive rating over 100. No games over 16. Averaged 9.3 ppg, 5.9 boards, shot 40% from 2, 4/30 (13%) from 3.
I was wrong, benching is an option

Reaction score
He's a freshman and also had the stress reaction in his foot and then a nasty ankle sprain that disjointed his season and caused him to miss 25% of Big Ten games. And as frustrating as he is sometimes right now, he's still trying to move and cut. Not just hiding out in the corner.

Reaction score

My math was wrong, he's 4/24 from 3 for 17% in the last 7 games. Not that it changes much.

Reaction score
Some of you dipshits need to settle. No one expected this team to be a 5-7 seed in November.
That's what I was thinking during that brutal stretch in the second half. It's frustrating because of the opportunity missed but after that DePaul game, I would have been thrilled at knowing they'd be fighting for the 4 seed in the BTT.

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking during that brutal stretch in the second half. It's frustrating because of the opportunity missed but after that DePaul game, I would have been thrilled at knowing they'd be fighting for the 4 seed in the BTT.
They’re going to beat Minnesota, get another chance against Illinois and play Wisconsin.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
They’re going to beat Minnesota, get another chance against Illinois and play Wisconsin.
I hope you're right, but it isn't easy to beat the same team three times in one season. It may also be more difficult if Gabe Kalscheur stays hot. He's been cold against Iowa in the first two meetings. Today he hit for 26.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I hope you're right, but it isn't easy to beat the same team three times in one season. It may also be more difficult if Gabe Kalscheur stays hot. He's been cold against Iowa in the first two meetings. Today he hit for 26.
I believe the team that won the first two meetings wins the 3rd at about a 75% clip.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I thought the game sort of went to shit when Fran lost his cool and then Connor did as well begging for a hook and hold replay. From there it seemed like Iowa stopped playing and started bitching or being baited. Fredrick got the offensive foul and then the stupid double technicals came right after.

Terry Wymer is a fucking disgrace. He made so many terrible calls and then missed calls. Garza was elbow shoved in the back and put on his ass and the refs just stared at it.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I thought the game sort of went to shit when Fran lost his cool and then Connor did as well begging for a hook and hold replay. From there it seemed like Iowa stopped playing and started bitching or being baited. Fredrick got the offensive foul and then the stupid double technicals came right after.

Terry Wymer is a fucking disgrace. He made so many terrible calls and then missed calls. Garza was elbow shoved in the back and put on his ass and the refs just stared at it.
Doug had a thought he told us all about 7 times so he could get his point across.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Doug had a thought he told us all about 7 times so he could get his point across.
Trying to take your lead big man.

I mean, I told it 7 times so I could be like your 50 times you have told us how miserable your mid-six figure job is.

They totally make me work!! They keep shoving these $10k checks into my direct deposit. How do I ever quit this nightmare????

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Trying to take your lead big man.

I mean, I told it 7 times so I could be like your 50 times you have told us how miserable your mid-six figure job is.

They totally make me work!! They keep shoving these $10k checks into my direct deposit. How do I ever quit this nightmare????
Doug special. Has no retort so he goes personal

Reaction score
That was our 3rd worst defensive game of the year and they didn't shoot well from 3. 62% from 2, season low turnover rate forced (5 for 8%), and too many second chance points.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Captain Obvious here, but I can live with a ref missing a foul that actually happened. But when they "see" something that didn't, there really is no excuse for that.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
That’s a tough environment. I’m surprised Iowa was able to come back being down 16. Get anything from Joe W and we’re jerking ourselves raw going into the BTT.

The role players were really good and hopefully have some confidence to continue to step up as needed.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Captain Obvious here, but I can live with a ref missing a foul that actually happened. But when they "see" something that didn't, there really is no excuse for that.
Same thing with the phantom foul near the end of the game where they trapped Ayo and the ref anticipated the call when Iowa clearly did not want to foul him.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
This season has been so full of home cooking it's hard to even be pissed at the refs. If there's one thing they were consistent about, league-wide, was screwing the visitors.

I'm really interested to see how things are called in the BTT.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Iowa players are really shitty at setting picks lately and Joe/CJ are pretty terrible at setting their guy up to be picked. That alone would solve many of their problems.
The cutters need to initiate contact and drive their man into the screener. They just try to run away from guys. Whenever Joe T or Connor need to get the ball they understand how to create space without fouling. Fucking figure it out.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Same thing with the phantom foul near the end of the game where they trapped Ayo and the ref anticipated the call when Iowa clearly did not want to foul him.
They'll let both teams play physical as fuck