**Iowa vs. Illinois Basketball - 3/8/20 - 6pm - BTN**

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They need to learn to sell the foul as well. If they're holding your arms extend them out to show the hold. If they're holding your jersey or body act like you're falling back and flail the arms. A couple quick fouls doing that and it will stop.

Reaction score
Maybe it's already been said but what I see happening to JW is probably part mental but mostly how he's being defended. It's like they are playing a box in one on him. They are putting their best defender/athlete on Joe and basically face guarding him the entire game. Joe is a good athlete but not great. He can't free himself and he can't beat his man off the dribble. And now even when he does get an open look, he rushes it.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
It's probably been 3 games in a row where CJ and Connor are hand fighting with the other team on dead balls and the refs have to separate them. You don't see that from Joe. CJ is struggling with it right now but he will be absolutely fine as he gets older. He has a pair of balls.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't like the physical play on the perimeter, but at this point, everybody knows the home teams sets the rules- that's just how it is.

This team on the whole seems more capable of adjusting, but Joe doesn't.

Just watch him without the ball, there's never been a guy going through the motions of going around a screen while not wanting the ball more than he.

CJ passed up a three that made me want to pull my hair out, but at least he is still working off the ball.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Assuming they play Thursday I think Iowa will clean Illinois' clock on a neutral court.

And LOL at that being one of the most important Fran games in history. We dropped one seed with the loss and are still going to play the same team on Thursday anyway.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Assuming they play Thursday I think Iowa will clean Illinois' clock on a neutral court.

And LOL at that being one of the most important Fran games in history. We dropped one seed with the loss and are still going to play the same team on Thursday anyway.
Friday you fucking moron.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
The biggest Friday of all time maybe?

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think that Joe T should play more minutes. He doesn’t seem to have problems with the physical play.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm really interested to see how things are called in the BTT.
It'll be the same as it was all year long in the B10.

IE; MSU, ILL, WIS, PSU, RUT, PUR, MD etc will be allowed to be as rapey as fuck on D and that will dictate how the games are called and paced.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Kriener and Garza should be embarrassed by their screen attempts.
It actually wasn’t really their fault. It started with CJ and Joe. By the time he got to Kreiner, the defender was already in an unscreenable spot. He was actually cheating the screen and CJ could have countered and cut to the basket. But I don’t think that was an option because I think the plan was to get it to Garza no matter what.

CJ needed to be more physical so he could allow Joe to at least get a piece of CJ.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Kriener and Garza should be embarrassed by their screen attempts.
CJ didn't set up angles for them at all, but Kreiner looks like an oaf running in circles. (Great defense by CJ's defender)

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
CJ didn't set up angles for them at all, but Kreiner looks like an oaf running in circles. (Great defense by CJ's defender)
A rare sight if there ever was one

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I know it’s hard to get a good look out of anything in that spot, but I was hoping they would make Kofi move a bit more. Start Garza on the perimeter and allow him to free up some space. Kofi is slow

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Uh, no, he isn't.
Garza
Connor
CJ
Kriener
Touissant

All better than a passive Weiskamp. Debatable on Evelyn. Bakari has been hitting some big shots while Weiskamp has been slumping. I’d say he’s still better than Pemsl and Till by a long shot but that’s about it.

Reaction score
Garza
Connor
CJ
Kriener
Touissant

All better than a passive Weiskamp. Debatable on Evelyn. Bakari has been hitting some big shots while Weiskamp has been slumping. I’d say he’s still better than Pemsl and Till by a long shot but that’s about it.
You should take a timeout for a bit cuz you are getting dumber by the second. You think maybe Connor, JT and Bakari have open looks because of the focus on CJ and JW? Ayo didn’t even know Bakari’s name in the post game presser if that gives you any idea of the focus the defense puts on him. Maybe you didn’t catch that in the presser cuz those guys weren’t speaking English, right?

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
You should take a timeout for a bit cuz you are getting dumber by the second. You think maybe Connor, JT and Bakari have open looks because of the focus on CJ and JW? Ayo didn’t even know Bakari’s name in the post game presser if that gives you any idea of the focus the defense puts on him. Maybe you didn’t catch that in the presser cuz those guys weren’t speaking English, right?
Ayo is an idiot and Weiskamp is broken right now. No, he’s not in the top 5 for players I trust to have an impact on the court right now. Is he broken forever? I would hope not, but he needs to figure it out

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Wieskamp made 3rd team All-Big Ten today, but he totally isn't in Iowa's Top 5 players. Can't be trusted!

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Wieskamp made 3rd team All-Big Ten today, but he totally isn't in Iowa's Top 5 players. Can't be trusted!
lol take whatever metric you want and shove it up your ass, Doug. All of that is based on the earlier success in the season. He’s a shell of his earlier season form right now.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
It'll be the same as it was all year long in the B10.

IE; MSU, ILL, WIS, PSU, RUT, PUR, MD etc will be allowed to be as rapey as fuck on D and that will dictate how the games are called and paced.
Instead of bitching about it, Iowa could either toughen up or start doing it themselves.