**Iowa vs. Indiana Basketball Thread - 2/7/21 - 11:00am - Fox**

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
@Mods, kill this thread. We have standards for game thread starters.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Lol, what will it take to solve this obsESSion with me lately Feltch? I'm sorry that your buddy @Dr. Zaius is a anti-vaxx tard pussy.

If I let you suck my dick, would that help you feel better?

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I know it doesn’t belong in this thread but what’s the deal with Zaius?? He gone?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Take out a second mortgage and bet everything you have, boyz. Iowa wins this one easily and gets right back on track.

Order has been restored. Apologies I gave up my responsibilities and let that fucking LOSER @DonJMiller start threads.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Iowa is 1-1 since I put my flag back up. Typical 50/50 bullshit

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I hate this game. Just not a good matchup for us. Even worse being down a starter.
I like the cutting action Iowa has had with Keegan and Pat playing more. That should continue. Ultimately this should be a heavy Toussaint/Keegan/Perkins game. Their guards are quick enough to shut down bohannon, but they aren’t a better team than Iowa and I struggle to see them keeping up.

Reaction score
Mouse has been starting threads for years and he’s brought us nothing. Just bad seasons or mediocrity in all sports. Not to mention his countless tearful goodbyes. He’s a LOSER, LIAR and A SCUMBAG.

Also, Tom Brady’s career was over in 2008...
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

douglasbader

Reaction score
Mouse has been starting threads for years and he’s brought us nothing. Just bad seasons or mediocrity in all sports. Not to mention his countless tearful goodbyes. He’s a LOSER, LIAR and A SCUMBAG.

Also, Tom Brady’s career was over in 2008...
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I started all the threads for the 2015 Football Team = Undefeated regular season, Big Ten Championship Game and Rose Bowl.

Started all the threads in 2019 and 2020 for Iowa Football, both seasons at a Top 15 level.

Started all the threads for Top 25 Iowa Basketball last year. Luka Garza going to be a multi-time All-American under Dougie's watch.

Make sure you fucking have a clue when you say something so stupid next time, DonnyBoy.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Doug is right, they're gonna roll on Sunday. But then they're going to turn around and play Rutgers to a coin flip next week.

douglasbader

Reaction score
A top 10 team with the no-doubt national player of the year should be able to withstand losing their 3/4 best player without the whole team.falling apart. Yet here we are.
I think falling apart is really over the top. They haven't fallen apart.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Their defense sure has.
It has, but they are beating teams like Michigan State and in a coin flip game in the last minute against a Top 7 team. That isn't falling apart.

Let me know if/when they start getting absolutely blown the fuck out or losing to teams like Penn State.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
It has, but they are beating teams like Michigan State and in a coin flip game in the last minute against a Top 7 team. That isn't falling apart.

Let me know if/when they start getting absolutely blown the fuck out or losing to teams like Penn State.
Michigan State is garbage and if Indiana could’ve shot free throws Iowa would’ve lost by 20+

douglasbader

Reaction score
Michigan State is garbage and if Indiana could’ve shot free throws Iowa would’ve lost by 20+
Lol. We can't ever just have a guy hurt and they drop a couple games to good teams, it always has to be FRAN FADE!! or FALLING APART!!

They are struggling right now, especially on defense, but last I checked most of the other Top 10 teams have gone through similar already this season.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Lol. We can't ever just have a guy hurt and they drop a couple games to good teams, it always has to be FRAN FADE!! or FALLING APART!!

They are struggling right now, especially on defense, but last I checked most of the other Top 10 teams have gone through similar already this season.
All I’m saying is the defense has been comically bad. It gets old everyone shooting lights out against Iowa because they have wide open 3 after wide open 3.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
All I’m saying is the defense has been comically bad. It gets old everyone shooting lights out against Iowa because they have wide open 3 after wide open 3.
Think of it as a hand up not a hand out.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I felt pretty shitty about this team but woke up and realized something. They were in coin flip games against two top 10 teams over the past week. As shitty as the defense has been, they win at Illinois with competent officiating and beat OSU just by shooting their average on free throws and converting one or two of their missed point blank opportunities. That is how close they have been..even without CJ Fredrick, who clearly makes them a better team.

We can bitch and moan about the defense. Yea, if they were even remotely competent on defense they would be a top 3 title contender. It’s a shame, but we have to accept that the defense is shitty and even with that being the case they are a top 10ish team that is simply coming up a tad short right now. Nothing has changed that should indicate to us that the sky is suddenly falling.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think that's a bit sunny. You have to keep in mind that something has changed, in about a span of four games they've regressed from trending to sorta ok, to absolutely abysmal on defense. Maybe Fredrick makes that kind of difference on both ends, but that seems unlikely.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Or they’re just playing some good teams.
True, but that is already adjusted for within Kenpom rankings. You expect to give up more on defense, but they’ve been getting torched even compared to how they would be expected to perform.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I think that's a bit sunny. You have to keep in mind that something has changed, in about a span of four games they've regressed from trending to sorta ok, to absolutely abysmal on defense. Maybe Fredrick makes that kind of difference on both ends, but that seems unlikely.
Or they’re just playing some good teams.
It's both. We always knew that the schedule got tougher in the 2nd half. But the defense has regressed enormously the last few games. 3 of the last 4 opponents scored on Iowa better than Gonzaga did, with Illinois only just barely behind them.