**Iowa vs. Iowa State Basketball - 12/12/19 - 7pm - ESPN2**

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
If Fran McCaffery even gestured at an ISU player, the Hilton masses would have picketed for his firing and prosecution for weeks.

Reaction score
Pemsl looks like a clown with his green shoes, goofy hair, and white body shit everywhere.

He plays terrible too.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Prohm lost composure several times last year in this game. At the end of the game he tried to start shot with Connor putting his hands on him and stuff.

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
Pemsl plays like he has fibromyalgia. I feel bad for him. He won't be a major factor.
He fucking hates ISU and had one of his best games last year when he made a surprise appearance against them.

Hawk4Life94

Douche4Life who uses musical Christmas lights
Reaction score
Prohm lost composure several times last year in this game. At the end of the game he tried to start shot with Connor putting his hands on him and stuff.
Every dust up last year centered around Jacobson being a douche. Be interesting if the officials let Hilton intimidate them and let it get out of hand.

Hawk4Life94

Reaction score

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
I'm excited for this game in a good way. It isn't the feeling like you get during the football games where you are going to puke if you lose to Iowa State and there is no real upside.

Basketball is so much different where 1 game doesn't make or break your season. Iowa State is also admittedly the stronger program overall but not exactly by all that much. Iowa is still more than competitive with them and does fine on a national level. There is upside in this game and even some underdog feeling, but not the type like in Football where you can feel the Iowa State desperation to finally crawl over the bigger program and get respect.

This is more like, hey, they have a good program and maybe a little better than our program. It will really fucking make the Hilton fans skin crawl to see Iowa pull off a win there. It will be a house of boos and hate. Let's have some fun and get into a few chest bumping shoving matches as the crowd goes bonkers.

The Iowa players also seem to really be excited for it and don't feel any pressure.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I'm excited for this game in a good way. It isn't the feeling like you get during the football games where you are going to puke if you lose to Iowa State and there is no real upside.

Basketball is so much different where 1 game doesn't make or break your season. Iowa State is also admittedly the stronger program overall but not exactly by all that much. Iowa is still more than competitive with them and does fine on a national level. There is upside in this game and even some underdog feeling, but not the type like in Football where you can feel the Iowa State desperation to finally crawl over the bigger program and get respect.

This is more like, hey, they have a good program and maybe a little better than our program. It will really fucking make the Hilton fans skin crawl to see Iowa pull off a win there. It will be a house of boos and hate. Let's have some fun and get into a few chest bumping shoving matches as the crowd goes bonkers.

The Iowa players also seem to really be excited for it and don't feel any pressure.
I hate the lead up to the football game...and love the lead up to the basketball game.

Once the games start, they're both great because you can feel the extra intensity in the stadium/gym.

douglasbader

Reaction score

I hate the lead up to the football game...and love the lead up to the basketball game.

Once the games start, they're both great because you can feel the extra intensity in the stadium/gym.
I think that all has to do with how much a single game means in a 12 game season. When it is only 1 of 30+ games you can enjoy it a lot more.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I feel really good about Iowa's chances in this one. No idea why. I usually expect a double digit loss there.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

I think that all has to do with how much a single game means in a 12 game season. When it is only 1 of 30+ games you can enjoy it a lot more.
That, and like you said, they have a nationally respected basketball program. You don’t drop in the ratings if you beat them by 20 points.

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
Pemsl is such a pussy.
Maybe so, but you're holding unto that 12U technical foul you gave him like a jaded small town fat chick.
Lol. You have a nolook-esque memory. I haven't brought that up in over 3-4 years.

I've let that go. My hatred now stems from a combination of sucking and fake tough guy act, but mainly sucking.
You and Pemsl have a lot in common.
And LOL that you came on here years ago to brag about T'ing up a D1 prospect. Jesus Christ!

eclone

Reaction score
Looking at the KenPom individual stat comparisons...

The most striking thing is how many possessions are used by Garza (makes sense), Joe T (whoa), and Kriener (double whoa). JoeW needs to find a way to inch up that possession chart for Iowa to be successful. Preferably starting next week. Also, haven't seen much from Evelyn when I've been watching, but his ORtg confirms what I've read here, that he's probably not a high-major player. Finally, there are some ugly 3P% numbers on both teams, but esp. ISU, yikes, but at least ISU has some pretty stellar 2P% to balance it out.

upload_2019-12-10_16-54-5.png

eclone

Reaction score
And here's the team stat comparison:

upload_2019-12-10_16-57-49.png

Could see this game turn on Iowa's ability to hit the offensive glass. That seems to be the one of the areas in the game where one team as a strength against another team's weakness.

Also, Iowa's 3s vs. ISU's 3 defense...and ISU's 2p% vs. Iowa's 2pt defense.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Looking at the KenPom individual stat comparisons...

The most striking thing is how many possessions are used by Garza (makes sense), Joe T (whoa), and Kriener (double whoa). JoeW needs to find a way to inch up that possession chart for Iowa to be successful. Preferably starting next week. Also, haven't seen much from Evelyn when I've been watching, but his ORtg confirms what I've read here, that he's probably not a high-major player. Finally, there are some ugly 3P% numbers on both teams, but esp. ISU, yikes, but at least ISU has some pretty stellar 2P% to balance it out.

View attachment 15747
I actually think the Toussaint and Kreiner numbers aren't all that shocking. Fran loves to sub 4-5 new guys in mostly together and Toussaint has the ball in his hands all the time and is the main offensive threat. Kreiner is the second offensive threat, but his number push higher because he is a fucking idiot who is a black hole on offense and thinks he should be shooting every time he touches it.

Wieskamp needs to get his numbers up, but the best thing to see is how great those numbers are for Fredrick. He is really good.

Reaction score
The biggest thing for Iowa will be keeping Garza playing foul free and smart. He is going to be fired up and they are going to be hunting him for fouls and flopping on the other end. That fucking goon cock sucker Jacobson will be right in the middle of it.
You could have just said he’s from Waukee
Or the only player actually from Iowa on their team in the last decade.

eclone

Reaction score

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Dear Cyclones,

Gawd please don't lose to this Hock team. PLEASE! This is the most punchable Hock team in the history of nauseating hock teams. It will ruin the season if you guys lose to them. I won't be able to go on. I will literally just wait until next season to follow you again. If you let that chick Pemsl push you around in his fashionable headband again you can just as well pack it in for the season because you have just been stripped of your man card!! Man the F up and punch that k&nt in the mouth! You are tougher, you are more talented, you are playing in HILTON F&* COLISEUM! I understand this is their super bowl. I DON'T CARE!! Beat them down and TAKE their will to live. It's all I want for Christmas. Thank you,

Clone since 1984

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Dear Cyclones,

Gawd please don't lose to this Hock team. PLEASE! This is the most punchable Hock team in the history of nauseating hock teams. It will ruin the season if you guys lose to them. I won't be able to go on. I will literally just wait until next season to follow you again. If you let that chick Pemsl push you around in his fashionable headband again you can just as well pack it in for the season because you have just been stripped of your man card!! Man the F up and punch that k&nt in the mouth! You are tougher, you are more talented, you are playing in HILTON F&* COLISEUM! I understand this is their super bowl. I DON'T CARE!! Beat them down and TAKE their will to live. It's all I want for Christmas. Thank you,

Clone since 1984
That person is at least 35 years old.

eclone

Reaction score
Benetti and Dakich on the call for ESPN2.

So we can all hate Dakich together.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I am looking forward to this game more than any year that I can remember.

I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

L. Wade Childress

Has no idea what you are asking
Reaction score
I like dakich, but I am unable to let him know that on social media

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
For how much shit Pemsl has got this year (mostly deserved) I hope he gets an opportunity to further piss off Iowa State fans for one more year.

He may be a fake tough guy lesbian without a vertical. But he's our fake tough guy lesbian without a vertical.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
And he/she has a unbridled hatred for Iowa State, you have to respect that out of him/her.

Reaction score
Why do clown fans always make the comment that a game against them is our super bowl? FB and BB both they make this comment. It’s dumb.

Hawk4Life94

Reaction score
Why do clown fans always make the comment that a game against them is our super bowl? FB and BB both they make this comment. It’s dumb.
Duh. It's the only game the Iowa coaches, players and fans care about.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score

They have a better program right now for sure.

Sucks to admit, but game atmosphere for Carver and Hilton are night and day

Reaction score
Duh. It's the only game the Iowa coaches, players and fans care about.
I love nothing more after beating ISU and having a fan come up and say “ok, Iowa won. Let me have it and get it over with already”. I simply respond with “that’s ok, I’m not surprised Iowa won. I don’t need to tell you about it either. You probably watched. That’s the difference between you and me. I don’t need to talk shit about one win.” I do the same thing to cubs fans.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
That’s a long response

L. Wade Childress

Reaction score

Complete myth. Yes Carver can suck but I have heard a ton of Iowa State fans bitching about Hilton this year. Fans are too old, donors sit all game, same shit you hear about Carver.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Complete myth. Yes Carver can suck but I have heard a ton of Iowa State fans bitching about Hilton this year. Fans are too old, donors sit all game, same shit you here at Carver.
"Hear," you dumbfuck.

L. Wade Childress

Reaction score
Not sure, but this was an elite group athletes at a private undisclosed location.