**Iowa vs. Iowa State Basketball - 12/12/19 - 7pm - ESPN2**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa State is #32 in KenPom and Iowa should be around #39 after tonight.

Line will be around Iowa State -4

There will be a lot of bad blood at Hilton, boyz. Should be a street fight.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

After watching ISU vs. Seton Hall (both games) -- not one of ISU's bigs will be able to guard Garza. The only thing will be keeping him out of foul trouble as they are going to try and get him out of the game from the tip.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I’ll be there, should be a great game!

Can’t wait to watch Garza chasing Haliburton around overhedging on screens 28’ from the basket.

eclone

Reaction score

After watching ISU vs. Seton Hall (both games) -- not one of ISU's bigs will be able to guard Garza. The only thing will be keeping him out of foul trouble as they are going to try and get him out of the game from the tip.
That’s an interesting take away from those two games. Especially last night. I thought ISU more than hung with the SH bigs. 7’2”, 7’2”, 6’10” and held them to ORtgs of 74, 92, and 55 and out rebounded them as a team. Most concerned about ISU’s 3pt defense from 1-5. Except for Nixon. He’s the best perimeter defender in Ames in a looong time. (I know...low bar)

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Can’t wait to watch Garza chasing Haliburton around overhedging on screens 28’ from the basket.
I look forward to Haliburton then passing to whatever transfer guard will brick a 3

eclone

Reaction score

Make sure you boooooo!!!!
I’m sure I will. I’ll also keep my hands warm by clapping rather than sitting on them like the Carver crowd.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Iowa State is gonna get run out of that big concrete warehouse.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score

Hopefully we play a lot of our godawful zone.

Reaction score

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
bohannon didn’t score tonight. The mean shall see a regression on Thursday. It’s also his last game of the year so he’s gonna try to blow out both hips. Not sure an Iowa player has wanted to win in Ames as much as he does.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

That’s an interesting take away from those two games. Especially last night. I thought ISU more than hung with the SH bigs. 7’2”, 7’2”, 6’10” and held them to ORtgs of 74, 92, and 55 and out rebounded them as a team. Most concerned about ISU’s 3pt defense from 1-5. Except for Nixon. He’s the best perimeter defender in Ames in a looong time. (I know...low bar)
LOL, your take away was their height? Gill and the other goon are about as uncoordinated as you get.

Anyway it was nice to see Garza kick it out tonight. If he starts doing that we will be a really good team.

Reaction score
Luka's kickout to Joe for a 3 after being doubled and finding CJ cutting after the double were great to see. That's the next step.

Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa actually jumped 12 spots all the way up to #30 after the Minnesota game was loaded into KenPom. Iowa State still at #32.

#4 offense and #115 defense. 13 spot improvement on defense!!

douglasbader

Reaction score
If they can somehow pull off a road win in Ames against the #30 team and then beat Cincinnati on a neutral court, would be absolutely huge for their NCAA chances going into January.

Splitting them would even be damn good and finish the first part of the schedule at 9-4.

Big Ten has 8 teams in the Top 30 now.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't know shit about Iowa State. But I do know they are dirty faggots.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Luka's kickout to Joe for a 3 after being doubled and finding CJ cutting after the double were great to see. That's the next step.
being the overbearing sports parent I am, I made my 2nd grader watch that play about ten times.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Iowa actually jumped 12 spots all the way up to #30 after the Minnesota game was loaded into KenPom. Iowa State still at #32.

#4 offense and #115 defense. 13 spot improvement on defense!!
1.11 PPP and our offensive efficiency went DOWN

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Can’t wait to watch Haliburton chuck it from 27’

douglasbader

Reaction score
The biggest thing for Iowa will be keeping Garza playing foul free and smart. He is going to be fired up and they are going to be hunting him for fouls and flopping on the other end. That fucking goon cock sucker Jacobson will be right in the middle of it.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The biggest thing for Iowa will be keeping Garza playing foul free and smart. He is going to be fired up and they are going to be hunting him for fouls and flopping on the other end. That fucking goon cock sucker Jacobson will be right in the middle of it.
@Bovert get in here and defend your boy Jacobson.

Feb 2018:
And Jacobsen from Nebrantska too. Their near future is a shit ton brighter than ours IMO
Since fatty mcfaggot's quote:
Iowa: 31-16 with a win in the NCAA tourney.
Iowa St: 29-17 with no wins in the tourney.

Shit ton brighter!!!1!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
@Bovert get in here and defend your boy Jacobson.

Feb 2018:
And Jacobsen from Nebrantska too. Their near future is a shit ton brighter than ours IMO
Since fatty mcfaggot's quote:
Iowa: 31-16 with a win in the NCAA tourney.
Iowa St: 29-17 with no wins in the tourney.

Shit ton brighter!!!1!
fans tend to overrate their own fans

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
You guys just don't know what it's like to be a blue blood approaching this game

Reaction score
Running down the court, bumping into people trying to bait them into retaliation? What in the fuck is he talking about. This isn’t the YMCA little kids league, dude. Bumping into people!!!!

eclone

Reaction score
You could have just said he’s from Waukee

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
I think bohannon plays lights out to win this one and of course the hawks are going to buttfuck them in Iowa City next year. 4-1 against ISU for little jobo seems about right.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I think we're gonna win. Pemsl is the wild card in this one.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I think we're gonna win. Pemsl is the wild card in this one.
Hopefully the women's team gives him the day off so he can play for the men finally.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Pemsl plays like he has fibromyalgia. I feel bad for him. He won't be a major factor.

Reaction score
If Pemsl is a major factor, Iowa gets beat by 20. The only impact he can have right now is a negative one. If he can get back to what he was two years ago then fine but he is a shell of that player as of last night. Saying he will be a wild card is beyond fucking stupid if you have watched 5 minutes of him on the floor this year.