**Iowa vs. Iowa State Basketball - 12/12/19 - 7pm - ESPN2**

Reaction score
I seriously can’t believe how bad iowa state fans are taking this. If you are going to incessantly demean and belittle our program and players you better be prepared to get it back when it doesn’t go your way. And they don’t have the mental capacity to have fun with the players stuff- of course they are taking it totally seriously.
They take it soooo bad yet it’s Iowa’s super bowl. Look in the mirror. I think it matters way more to them based on the reactions.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Eastern Iowa is the best Iowa.
Specifically IC, CR, CF, Dubuque and Decorah, imo. The rural areas and most river towns are on the downslide, relative to my youth. They are bigly embracing anti-intellectualism like most of the rest of the state.
And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed, Gus? Pure Eastern Iowa. What's your father, dear? Is he a bean farmer? Does he stink of the land? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the U of I.
Not just Eastern. Rural Southeastern. The far inferior EI quadrant. My dad was a social worker, his dad was a farmer.

From fairly early grade school (3rd or 4th grade), I knew the world I grew up in was very small...in its mindset, thinking, and culture...and that there was no way I wasn’t going to leave it. And at the earliest possible moment I packed up my few earthly belongings into the back of my shitty S-10 and drove off to a college far away. I hadn’t even applied to a single in state school.

Some distant relatives have commented to me over the years that, like my uncle, they could just tell from the time I was a kid that I’d never stay there. His mind has since been poisoned by Rush, but he’ll still never move back. He’s seen and experienced too much of the rest of the world.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Specifically IC, CR, CF, Dubuque and Decorah, imo. The rural areas and most river towns are on the downslide, relative to my youth. They are bigly embracing anti-intellectualism like most of the rest of the state.
And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed, Gus? Pure Eastern Iowa. What's your father, dear? Is he a bean farmer? Does he stink of the land? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the U of I.
Not just Eastern. Rural Southeastern. The far inferior EI quadrant. My dad was a social worker, his dad was a farmer.

From fairly early grade school (3rd or 4th grade), I knew the world I grew up in was very small...in its mindset, thinking, and culture...and that there was no way I wasn’t going to leave it. And at the earliest possible moment I packed up my few earthly belongings into the back of my shitty S-10 and drove off to a college far away. I hadn’t even applied to a single in state school.

Some distant relatives have commented to me over the years that, like my uncle, they could just tell from the time I was a kid that I’d never stay there. His mind has since been poisoned by Rush, but he’ll still never move back. He’s seen and experienced too much of the rest of the world.
That's where all the boys found you. Tedious fumblings.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Jesus. Hide the sharp objects. I would hope that Iowa fan would brush this loss off fairly quickly.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Pemsl looks like a giant middle aged lesbian out there right now. No lift, no craft. Just bringing nothing.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score
Eastern Iowa is the best Iowa.
Your gems like this bring me great joy. Fanfucckintastic

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I still can’t believe Foster wants to play for that chapstick licker because of Niang, Thomas and Morris. He can’t be very bright.

Gushawk

Reaction score

That's where all the boys found you. Tedious fumblings.
I wish that S-10 had seen more sticky fumblings, but I do fondly recall one with a coked up hostess for the steakhouse at which I valeted. I shed a touch of my rural hickishness and took a small step closer to becoming a cosmopolitan man that evening.

Reaction score
I love how bitter the board was the last week. Personal attacks, name calling, etc.

Nothing brings random message posters together like the ass kicking of a rival.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I love how ISU fans are pointing to Bohannons 2-12 shooing performance like having not allowed to talk shit because of it.

They’ll praise Halliburton’s 22 points even though all 22 came in garbage time.

Last edited:

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I love how ISU fans are pointing to Bohannons 2-12 shooing performance like having not allowed to talk shot because of it.

They’ll praise Halliburton’s 22 points even though all 22 came in garbage time.
Well to be fair, about 35 minutes were garbage time.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
The basketball game is so much more enjoyable than the football game. You know, because their football team is one of the worst 5 programs in the history of football.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score

He captioned this “Hawkeye State”.

I can say that when Touissant hit Luka with that behind the back pass for an easy lay-up was the moment I became certain Iowa was going to win.
Gonna be fun to have that kid playing for the Hawks the next few seasons.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It seriously fucking troubles me how Steve Prohm stands there and licks his lips all game.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
The absolute best case scenario is bohannon takes a redshirt and Iowa can beat Cincinnati and go 10-3 in the pre-January schedule. Then they go 9-9 and make the NCAA Tournament as an 8-10 seed.

bohannon, Wieskamp and Garza come back next year. They challenge for the Big Ten and everyone jerks each other off.
If that happens and Luka decides to go play in Europe, I'm gonna be sick. Next year's team could be fucking awesome.
Garza knows how good Iowa can be next year with him in the lineup. He'll be back. Bank on it.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The basketball game is so much more enjoyable than the football game. You know, because their football team is one of the worst 5 programs in the history of football.
The football game is pulling teeth but the highs are pretty high.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I'm all aboard the hype train.

Garza-Connor-Weiskamp-Fredrick-bohannon is a Sweet 16 team at worst next year. Nunge off the bench with Toussaint, Pemsl, Patrick(?), Ogundele, Ulis, Saucy T.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They have the weirdest fans. I am watching that drive/no look pass that Toussaint threw at the 12:10 mark in the first half and their entire crowd is calling for a travel. Replayed it a dozen times. He doesn't do anything that would be even close to a travel.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
They have the weirdest fans. I am watching that drive/no look pass that Toussaint threw at the 12:10 mark in the first half and their entire crowd is calling for a travel. Replayed it a dozen times. He doesn't do anything that would be even close to a travel.
Their stock response is to complain. Permeates through everything, even the minor things like this.

Reaction score
Their stock response is to complain. Permeates through everything, even the minor things like this.
Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I still can’t believe Foster wants to play for that chapstick licker because of Niang, Thomas and Morris. He can’t be very bright.
He sees Garza’s development and doesn’t want to put in that kind of work

Reaction score
He sees Garza’s development and doesn’t want to put in that kind of work
Exactly. He'll get to play for Prohm, shoot a bunch of 3s. Play minimal D. Not have to rebound, and be a cult hero in Ames.

No brainer in his mind.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I like Connor so much better off the ball and not playing point. He actually adds significant value.