- Iowa vs Maryland. 1/7/21. 6:00pm. ESPN2 -

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Iowa matches up pretty well with Maryland. Their defense is just as bad as Iowa's - in particular, Iowa is one of the best in the country at not turning it over and Maryland one of the worse at generating TOs. On defense, Iowa's main Achille's heel is giving up OR, but Maryland isn't that great at getting them (coming in around 200th in the country). They are a pretty good shooting team, so Iowa's going to need to not be awful on the road.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
When did 26.2 = Doug become a thing?

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Iowa matches up pretty well with Maryland. Their defense is just as bad as Iowa's - in particular, Iowa is one of the best in the country at not turning it over and Maryland one of the worse at generating TOs. On defense, Iowa's main Achille's heel is giving up OR, but Maryland isn't that great at getting them (coming in around 200th in the country). They are a pretty good shooting team, so Iowa's going to need to not be awful on the road.
Iowa matches up well with Maryland because they're a better overall team, not because of the silly comparative metrics you mentioned. This isn't football, where a dominant running team would have a decided advantage against a team that can't stop the run.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Iowa matches up well with Maryland because they're a better overall team, not because of the silly comparative metrics you mentioned. This isn't football, where a dominant running team would have a decided advantage against a team that can't stop the run.
EYE TEST!!!!!

Revolver

Reaction score
The Iowa logo on the butthole is fitting.

Revolver

Reaction score
It’s close enough.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I’d be pretty surprised if Morsell plays tomorrow, and without him I think Maryland has trouble scoring enough to stay close for an entire game.

Let’s go with 82-71 to set up a big revenge game against the gophers.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I've always had a soft spot for Maryland. Iowa by 18.

Revolver

Reaction score
I like Maryland. Iowa by 22.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Turgeon rubs me the wrong way and they seem to over-achieve.
Hard disagree about them overachieving. I don’t think there’s a program in the league that achieves exactly to their level like Maryland. Turgeon either has the talent or he doesn’t. This year he doesn’t.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Hard disagree about them overachieving. I don’t think there’s a program in the league that achieves exactly to their level like Maryland. Turgeon either has the talent or he doesn’t. This year he doesn’t.
This is definitely a down year but I guess they draw my ire mainly for showing up in the Big 10 and having success right off the bat. I like my new conference entries more along the lines of Maryland, Rutgers or Nebrantska football.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Has Maryland recruiting stayed about the same since leaving the ACC?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Yeah, they’ve had a lot of guys leave early though. And they seem to be that stud lead guard they’ve had in the last.

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I didn’t mind Maryland until I went to the Big Ten tourney when it was in DC. I had a blast but Maryland fans especially their older supporters were mostly east coast elitist assholes. It was enjoyable to watch NW upset them their first game. Fuck the Terps, Hawks by 15.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
This is definitely a down year but I guess they draw my ire mainly for showing up in the Big 10 and having success right off the bat. I like my new conference entries more along the lines of Maryland, Rutgers or Nebrantska football.
Nebrantska went to the Big Ten championship in the first year or two. It was all downhill after that.