- Iowa vs Maryland. 1/7/21. 6:00pm. ESPN2 -

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sample size, quality of competition and all that, but Keegan Murray is averaging 14.5 minutes per game.

Cordell Pemsl averaged 16.3 minutes per game at Iowa.
He's FUCKING back

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sample size, quality of competition and all that, but Keegan Murray is averaging 14.5 minutes per game.

Cordell Pemsl averaged 16.3 minutes per game at Iowa.
Looker is gonna love this!

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I sure as hell miss being there.
All the things I dislike about the process of getting in and out of Carver during the cold winter months goes out the window when I realize the last time I was there was 10 months ago. I would walk in -20 degree windchill through snow and ice from Blackstone to Carver and back to get into a game right now to watch this team. I would smile ear to ear for the Delta Dental Smile cam. I would kiss whomever was next to me on either side on the kiss cam. I would suck.... okay, I’m not there yet, but you get it. I miss it in a big way.

Revolver

Reaction score
good to see guys cutting to the basket last night for dunks. Funny what happens when you dont stand still at the 3 point line whilst Garza is doubled and tripled.

and the defense when Keegan, PMac and Toussiant was in seemed nice.
One of my favorite parts of that 20-0 run was that we were scoring in a lot of different ways. Sure, I love a barrage of three pointers as much as anything, but that last 12:30 of the first half was as impressive as we have been all year IMO.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
That first half domination happened with wieskamp and Fredrick riding the pine. Very impressive
Impressive on one hand, and very troubling on the other. WTF is wrong with Wieskamp and CJ? And, will the bench motivate them to start playing better, and with some intensity. As one of the announcers said, the Hawks "sleepwalked" through the first 8 minutes. Wieskamp and CJ were the primary culprits.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
That 4 bigs and JBo lineup was something else. Combined with the zone and Maryland going cold really changed the game. The rebounding was off the charts and it limited Maryland’s ability to double Garza. The length frustrated their outside shooters too. Keegan going off was awesome to watch.
There was a reason MD went cold.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Impressive on one hand, and very troubling on the other. WTF is wrong with Wieskamp and CJ? And, will the bench motivate them to start playing better, and with some intensity. As one of the announcers said, the Hawks "sleepwalked" through the first 8 minutes. Wieskamp and CJ were the primary culprits.
Guys are going to have off days. The difference is the bench talent that can erase these bad performances almost immediately.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
CJ was garbage tonight. He and Wieskamp looked totally uninterested. Nice to dominate when that happens.
Agree 100%. So what is the solution to this? How do we get consistent play from these two.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Guys are going to have off days. The difference is the bench talent that can erase these bad performances almost immediately.
Yes, but this is becoming a very troubling pattern, especially with Wieskamp.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I’m sure CJ and Weiskamp were totally uninterested.

Revolver

Reaction score
Keegan has been in the top 5 on the team in minutes played in the last two games. His energy off the bench is one of the keys to this team IMO. That second unit was the reason we started boat racing them again. The lineup management this season for the most part has been Fran’s best at Iowa.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Wish I could have caught the first half. I checked the score at work and they were down 10. Shook my head and cursed. Then I got a chance to check again at halftime, and expected iowa to be down or looking like shit. And wasn't it a pleasant surprise to see them up 18 at half. That was a run I would have loved to see.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Wish I could have caught the first half. I checked the score at work and they were down 10. Shook my head and cursed. Then I got a chance to check again at halftime, and expected iowa to be down or looking like shit. And wasn't it a pleasant surprise to see them up 18 at half. That was a run I would have loved to see.
It was really awesome.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
:icon_biggrin:

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
It’s nice to see bohannon dragging his balls across other teams faces again.
No shit. I wish we had a list of everyone who was shitting all over him at the beginning of the season. I would guess Zaius was at the top of the list.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Who cares if he starts but LOL that it’s some crazy outlandish idea.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit you are the dumbest mother fucker on the planet. For a guy that tries to stroke his dick over walking on at some shitty college for a year and playing during the summer in the late 70's at the Fieldhouse, you sure seem to have not ever seen a basketball game before in your life.

Players going through slumps in season seems like a foreign troubling concept to you. It's fucking natural and happens to nearly everyone.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
It's really about lineups. You're not starting Keegan over Connor at the 4 because Connor needs to be on the floor with Garza for his passing. But would it be awful if say you moved CJ to the 2nd team to be a primary scoring option and started Keegan for better rebounding & defense with the first team? The counter point is that it's actually nice to have Keegan on the floor when Garza isn't.

That said, like was said above, Fran's lineups have been pretty good this year so tough to nitpick much.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It's really about lineups. You're not starting Keegan over Connor at the 4 because Connor needs to be on the floor with Garza for his passing. But would it be awful if say you moved CJ to the 2nd team to be a primary scoring option and started Keegan for better rebounding & defense with the first team? The counter point is that it's actually nice to have Keegan on the floor when Garza isn't.

That said, like was said above, Fran's lineups have been pretty good this year so tough to nitpick much.
You want his energy off the bench. You sure as shit aren’t gonna not start Connor. I know you aren’t saying that but I’ve seen it plenty, even after last night.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

Keegan has been great and has been playing > 20 minutes a game for the last couple games. I think it should continue but it isn't like he needs to be playing 35.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Keegan is perfect off the bench. He can handle starter minutes if needed, but also doesn't come in over aggressive. Nunge was a huge spark last night and I'm not shitting on him, but he comes into the game like he's making up for lost time.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
If Iowa played D consistently like it played for 34+ minutes tonight? Damn near fucking unbeatable. That was some fantastic viewing.
Yes, and if this defensive intensity becomes the norm, then I'll be the first to admit I might have been wrong about this team going no further than the Sweet Sixteen.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Keegan has been in the top 5 on the team in minutes played in the last two games. His energy off the bench is one of the keys to this team IMO. That second unit was the reason we started boat racing them again. The lineup management this season for the most part has been Fran’s best at Iowa.
I’d say it’s harder for Fran to fuck up lineups this year as the bench/depth is better than it’s ever been.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I’d say it’s harder for Fran to fuck up lineups this year as the bench/depth is better than it’s ever been.
That's usually when he has run into problems.