**Iowa vs. Michigan Basketball - 12/6/19 - 5:30pm - FS1**

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Connor has played well and has improved to a passable scorer/shooter. He was beyond terrible last season. Let’s not do the whole RATT thing with this one, please.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
If Jordan shuts it down Touissant should start and put Connor at the 4.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I think this is going to be a DePaul-esque whipping of our boyz today.

Reaction score
Face it guys, versatile red-ass Connor McCaffery is the hot name right now.

you should have listened.
I like Connor when he isn't playing PG. He is great in the high post against a zone. He is mediocre at best at PG.
Mediocre is flat ass wrong. That link said is ranked 4th in the nation in turnover to assist ratio. That’s the kinda stat I want my PG to have.

Reaction score
This definitely calls for leaving the office early. I can almost taste the beer. I figure if it goes sideways tonight being half looped will help.

Reaction score
I’m looking for any excuse to leave. Might be the last sunny afternoon above 32 degrees for a while.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’m working remote this afternoon. The most convenient location happened to be my bar.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I’m not working this afternoon, first beer has been opened, and will be firing up the grill shortly.

Hope we win!!

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Zavoos for the game. Come at me Hales.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The 2-3 zone sucked. But they battled, just couldn’t get a rebound every time they got it to 7 or 8.

Need to get Joe going. Joe T is going to be awesome once he eliminates the plays he forces. This team is going to be fun from mid January on.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Iowa played well. Not pissed. Garza gonna end up All-American at some point.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
This is pretty much my favorite iowa team to watch in a long time.

No one is healthy, but they are fighting.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Having a guard who can blow by defenders to score is so good to see.

Reaction score
Joe T will be fun to watch one JB is shut down, his minutes expand and he gets more comfortable. Will also be better scouted though.

CJ wasn't himself tonight. Really hope Joe W. still recovering from horrendous illness because he's driving me insane.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
A lot of peacock flying tonight.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Iowa just doesn’t have the horses with all of the injuries. This would have been a second weekend tournament team with a full compliment of players.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Joe W. Seems to be pressing a bit. He'll come around.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Great effort. As far as losses go, this one wasn’t all that bad

Reaction score
The Toussaint, CJ, Joe, Connor, Garza lineup will be the strength of the team and fun to watch in a month. Hopefully that can become a somewhat competent zone lineup at times. Or not be a disaster against pick and roll eventually.

Reaction score
Joe W. Seems to be pressing a bit. He'll come around.
Pressing? He was timid and not trying to produce anything on his own. Even his cuts without the ball were slow and weak. I think he is either still sick or hurt. He doesn’t seem like he is 100%.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I kept thinking they were going to hit back to back 3s to get it under 5 and they just couldn’t get the stop they needed.

Michigan pretty much played a flawless offensive game and Iowa still had a chance with 4 minutes left.

Fran is such an awesome offensive coach. It sucks he’s missed on so many of his guard targets.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Unbelievable game by Garza. Its impressive how much he’s improved his rebounding and even his defense (some).

The hedging on the pick and roll was painful and they didn’t adjust the plan on that as the game went on. Michigan isn’t a team you want to be playing 2-3 zone against.

Like someone else said, not even mad really. These guys play their balls off and you can see they are not happy losing. Not happy not getting stops.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As a fan I was happy with the effort. I think this team could have played better but they played a good team really tough on the road tonight. Lots of positives to take away. This team will give us a few really fun wins over good teams this year.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I kept thinking they were going to hit back to back 3s to get it under 5 and they just couldn’t get the stop they needed.

Michigan pretty much played a flawless offensive game and Iowa still had a chance with 4 minutes left.

Fran is such an awesome offensive coach. It sucks he’s missed on so many of his guard targets.
The possession they gave up two offensive rebounds was a killer. I thought a run was about to happen.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Hopefully Michigan scores as many points versus Iowa as they did last night versus Louisville.
Not quite.

Luka’s massive hog is going to regularly be stuffed down Teske’s throat.

One for two isn’t so bad.
The hawks played their dicks off. Just a step slow on some defensive rotations and some rebounds. Michigan is a top ten team so that is to be expected. Very happy with what they showed tonight

Luka is my favorite player to watch in a very long time. He plays harder than anyone else on the court and it is not even close.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The worst sequence that sort of fucked the whole game was Pemsl going into the half. He blew a wide open layup, then played terrible last second shot clock defense and gave up a score and then immediately came down and made a horrendous post pass that wasn't close.

Went from what should have been 5 points to 12 points after that.

CamelTones

Reaction score
The worst sequence that sort of fucked the whole game was Pemsl going into the half. He blew a wide open layup, then played terrible last second shot clock defense and gave up a score and then immediately came down and made a horrendous post pass that wasn't close.

I honestly think that stretch was basically the difference in the game. Instead of Iowa cutting it to 7 or 8 the entire second half it could have been 2-3 and the game pressure would have been completely different.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

Yep. God awful string there by Pemsl.

douglasbader

Reaction score

I honestly think that stretch was basically the difference in the game. Instead of Iowa cutting it to 7 or 8 the entire second half it could have been 2-3 and the game pressure would have been completely different.
I'm sure that Pemsl might have some games in him down the road, but I would think long and hard about playing Till ahead of him right now, especially if you aren't sure Pemsl will be in the plans for next year.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Pemsl is also in his 4th year in the program and still has never learned to shoot even though he had an entire year off to work on it.

His ideal potential was always old man game in the post and then his ability to grab rebounds and push on the break and ability to pass.

The reality is he has no lift in the post, is out of shape, plays terrible defense and isn't good on the dribble and can't shoot. I'm not sure what he brings at this point.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Ol Luka. Nothing wrong with that effort. Defense sucked per usual.

Reaction score

2 or 3 seconds on the shot clock, dribble picked up baseline. If he gets hip to hip with JB it's a pass out for heave, more likely a shot clock violation. Instead leaves a massive gap on the trap for an easy step through.

That was an amazingly bad minute. That's the Pemsl factor. He'll have an 11 and 6 game against a decent team and help us win a couple games. But then he'll have that where I wish it was Till instead.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Pemsl is also in his 4th year in the program and still has never learned to shoot even though he had an entire year off to work on it.

His ideal potential was always old man game in the post and then his ability to grab rebounds and push on the break and ability to pass.

The reality is he has no lift in the post, is out of shape, plays terrible defense and isn't good on the dribble and can't shoot. I'm not sure what he brings at this point.
He missed an entry pass to Kriener by approximately 5 feet. That epitomized his performance tonight.