**Iowa vs. Minnesota Basketball - 2/16/20 - 12pm - FS1**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They stole another one! These fucking guys.

Wieskamp, has he always half assed it getting back on defense?
The whole narrative on Wieskamp is that he isn't an emotional player. That narrative comes from himself and announcers and others around him.

I think it is bullshit. I think he is a highly emotional player that gets upset when other teams are physical with him and it tanks other areas of his game. Today it translated over to everything except defensive rebounding. He was shitty on defense and wasn't hustling back. He hung his head way too many times.

With all of that said, playing at home is great medicine for him as it is most players and he is a really good player. His percentages are waaayy better at Carver. I would be shocked if he doesn't have a huge game against Ohio State. Something like 20+ and 7 rebounds with at least 4 threes.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Man that was excruciating. A great win. Luka is unreal.
The 4th or 5th shot he hit to open the game where Miles goes "no way" as he was shooting it was one of the craziest post plays I have ever seen. The fucking guy isn't getting much of a whistle since the Wisconsin game and refs are letting him get beat to shit. He doesn't care, just takes it and keeps kicking ass.

If he was playing 30 years ago he would be Kevin McHale and on his way to a NBA All-Star career.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
The 4th or 5th shot he hit to open the game where Miles goes "no way" as he was shooting it was one of the craziest post plays I have ever seen. The fucking guy isn't getting much of a whistle since the Wisconsin game and refs are letting him get beat to shit. He doesn't care, just takes it and keeps kicking ass.

If he was playing 30 years ago he would be Kevin McHale and on his way to a NBA All-Star career.
Wish this would rub off on Joe W.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Another crazy stat on how Garza has improved every single aspect of his game is that last year he had 17 blocked shots and 10 steals for the entire season.

This year he has 45 blocked shots and 22 steals with a minimum of 7 more games left.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score

I had that exact thought today.
I also can’t believe he doesn’t get called for offensive fouls more, his elbows are out. I think that is a bullshit rule so I’m glad it’s not called, but surprised.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
He definitely had the Pemsl Trot a few times getting back.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
I think he is a highly emotional player that gets upset when other teams are physical with him and it tanks other areas of his game.
Agreed.

He shrinks when someone is physical with him. Fran should instruct the scrub unit to rough him up on a regular basis at practice.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Agreed.

He shrinks when someone is physical with him. Fran should instruct the scrub unit to rough him up on a regular basis at practice.
Wow, I wonder which of our hard hitting, ass kicking gay teamers we should assign to give Wieskamp the business every day.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder which of our hard hitting, ass kicking gay teamers we should assign to give Wieskamp the business every day.
We’re I Fran I’d ask KF if I could borrow Merriweather for a couple of weeks.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Austin Ash better start kicking his ass!!!

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Marble, White and Uthoff were the same as Joe as sophomores. They got shut down when things got physical. Marble and White learned to play through it by their senior years.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Another crazy stat on how Garza has improved every single aspect of his game is that last year he had 17 blocked shots and 10 steals for the entire season.

This year he has 45 blocked shots and 22 steals with a minimum of 7 more games left.
I still think this is where he has improved the most. When they said he and his dad did 3 a days in the off season and one of those sessions was defense I kind of chuckled but that does show some dedication. I don't even know what the fuck he would do with Frank that would be hugely beneficial but that tells you he at least knew he was a huge liability last year.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I still think this is where he has improved the most. When they said he and his dad did 3 a days in the off season and one of those sessions was defense I kind of chuckled but that does show some dedication. I don't even know what the fuck he would do with Frank that would be hugely beneficial but that tells you he at least knew he was a huge liability last year.
Lateral quickness and coming to balance walling up are practicable by oneself. But that takes srs commitment/help.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Carr, Oturu and Kalscheur should be better than 12-12. That’s just shit coaching though all the advanced stats seem to like the Gophers.

Reaction score
I mostly hate her but god damn does this team need her. She was solid today and didn’t do as much stupid shit as usual
Kind of unfair but his save attempt followed by his foul that created a 4 point play was a dark moment.