**Iowa vs. Minnesota Basketball Thread - 12/25/20 - 7:00pm - BTN**

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Marcus Carr is gonna get his. Hopefully Luka can get Robbins in foul trouble early like he always seemed to do with Oturu. They are not a good shooting team. Only 30% from 3 as a team. Should be a drubbing.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Here are a couple of crazy thoughts/questions after watching highlights back and looking at stats so far....

- Is Luka Garza now one of the best 3 point shooters in college basketball? He's 17-29 on the season so far and none of it feels like a fluke as his outside shot is pure/repeatable and identical to his workout videos from the summer when he was hitting like 30 in a row and lighting it up in other workouts.

- Forgive me for this one, and promise I'm not drinking, but does Keegan Murray have the potential to be a 1st round NBA draft pick in 2-3 years? He's a legit 6'8'' now, basketball smart, a potentially great rebounder, has good defensive instincts, blocks shots, can score off the dribble, shoots threes and is surprisingly bouncy and athletic. I could see him being a 12 and 8 guy next year.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
but does Keegan Murray have the potential to be a 1st round NBA draft pick in 2-3 years?
No, but I think he will end up being a really great player at Iowa and a potential NBA guy. I don't think 2nd round pick is too far out the question, though.

Either way, if that's the case, Iowa has at least three more really good years of basketball coming.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say he'll score more points and get more rebounds than his dad (who never really had a jump shot, and never parlayed his athleticism into becoming an effective slasher).

forget the bilieu dream for a second -- keegan, patrick, ulis, hopefully both sandforts, maybe moe -- iowa bb will be ok for a while.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say he'll score more points and get more rebounds than his dad (who never really had a jump shot, and never parlayed his athleticism into becoming an effective slasher).

forget the bilieu dream for a second -- keegan, patrick, ulis, hopefully both sandforts, maybe moe -- iowa bb will be ok for a while.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This is the start of the most difficult part of the early schedule. Next 3 of 4 on the road including a trip to Rutgers.

If they can come out of that unscathed or with 1 loss, then then get 4 of 5 at home before heading to Illinois for a huge game.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This is the start of the most difficult part of the early schedule. Next 3 of 4 on the road including a trip to Rutgers.

If they can come out of that unscathed or with 1 loss, then then get 4 of 5 at home before heading to Illinois for a huge game.
I think tonight is a huge game for Illinois. On the road at Penn State. They lose that one and they’re 5-4, 1-2 and maybe not feeling so good about themselves anymore.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I think tonight is a huge game for Illinois. On the road at Penn State. They lose that one and they’re 5-4, 1-2 and maybe not feeling so good about themselves anymore.
If they even want to think about winning the Big Ten, they have to win this game.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
And then Ayo and Cockburn are questioning why the fuck they came back this year resulting in explosive frustration that tears the entire program apart. I like your thinking.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
And then Ayo and Cockburn are questioning why the fuck they came back this year resulting in explosive frustration that tears the entire program apart. I like your thinking.
I think if they lose this game, their entire season is at a crossroads.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Here are a couple of crazy thoughts/questions after watching highlights back and looking at stats so far....

- Is Luka Garza now one of the best 3 point shooters in college basketball? He's 17-29 on the season so far and none of it feels like a fluke as his outside shot is pure/repeatable and identical to his workout videos from the summer when he was hitting like 30 in a row and lighting it up in other workouts.

- Forgive me for this one, and promise I'm not drinking, but does Keegan Murray have the potential to be a 1st round NBA draft pick in 2-3 years? He's a legit 6'8'' now, basketball smart, a potentially great rebounder, has good defensive instincts, blocks shots, can score off the dribble, shoots threes and is surprisingly bouncy and athletic. I could see him being a 12 and 8 guy next year.
i am more upset at you for not drinking.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I've watched part of a couple Minnesota games and they're not good. I think we win this but it's Iowa's second road game this year so the shooting woes may continue.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score

Acie's kid is getting some minutes for West as a freshman as well, fwiw. Plus the youngest McCaffery.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Kakert should be punched if he is counting the Murray twins as the other commits.
Oh for fuck's sake if Fran puts the Murray kids on scholarship.
Kakert basically flapping his gums trying to prepare people and justify why the Murrays are huge gets and totally 6'8'' tall now.

I can't fucking believe Fran would give both of them a scholarship.

This might be a post to bump 4 years from now when they are both really good or whatever, but it seems like a blatantly retarded thing to do.
I also want to say that while the Murray twins may be approaching 6'8'' and can shoot, they both look soft, feminine of body and unathletic.
Lol. You spent the last 24 hours posting on this board and TOS about how insane it was to offer them and it made no sense.

Now of course you are all for it.
It's about the dumbest fucking thing ever, and would be dumb if was only 1 player. To offer scholarships to twins is ridiculous at this point.
The fucking Murray twins, the shitty Ulis brother and some random guy from Indiana. Zero offers from Power 5 schools. Sheesh.

Fran, send that bag of cash to Sibley and the British kid.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I've owned up and all about the timing.

How is Lick doing you loved and defended him to the bitter end fuckface?

douglasbader

Reaction score
No one is more right than doug
I've left you alone for years mostly because you constantly imply you are going to kill yourself, which you have implied multiple times.

Should I treat you like everyone else now? I see you are back to drinking again, so let me know. Happy to take the kid gloves off.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Acie's kid is getting some minutes for West as a freshman as well, fwiw. Plus the youngest McCaffery.
I thought the youngest McCaffery would be playing for Liberty. Also, isn’t he in 8th grade?

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
yeah I just mentioned him as an example of the potential future talent in line
I think Fran is going to be here another 8 years -- he's on the Kirk longevity program now. If baseball doesn't work out, I foresee Connor as a young assistant at some point. There's no way that kid doesn't become a hoops coach -- he's cut from the same mold as his pops.