**Iowa vs. Minnesota Basketball Thread - 12/25/20 - 7:00pm - BTN**

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I'd rather struggle now and figure it out now. Of course, that means actually figuring it out.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
It's too bad the shitty defense cancels out an elite offense

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
You don’t lose to a shitty Minnesota team if you claim to be elite, fellas.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
While I think we are still a good team and going to be a good team this year, if I were being honest my excitement for this team has waned a bit.

I know winning on the road is tough, but Minnesota really isn't very good this year. Should have got that one.
it’s ok to be excited about upside. It’s like the entire purpose of watching sports.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Wisconsin had a final 4 team lose to Rutgers. A good MSU team lost to The Criminal.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Wisconsin had a final 4 team lose to Rutgers. A good MSU team lost to The Criminal.
You are only elite if you win the national championship. Elite is the final champ. Everyone else is subpar.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Iowa state football is elite though*

*within the church of latter day pollard.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I'd rather struggle now and figure it out now. Of course, that means actually figuring it out.
Of course. And I think we will be fine. And of course great teams lose to bad teams on the road.

But personally, just being honest, my boner isn't nearly as stiff now as it was.

Is it ok to feel like that?

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Of course. And I think we will be fine. And of course great teams lose to bad teams on the road.

But personally, just being honest, my boner isn't nearly as stiff now as it was.

Is it ok to feel like that?
4 grams of yay probably doesn't help

Reaction score
Minnesota isn't shitty. They're 42nd on KenPom and their projected record would make them a tournament team. They're probably a 7th-9th place team with a 1st team scoring guard.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Minnesota isn't shitty. They're 42nd on KenPom and their projected record would make them a tournament team. They're probably a 7th-9th place team with a 1st team scoring guard.
So they are the same level as us! #WalMartIowaFan

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
True -- but most 4th and 5th options for well-ranked teams bring more than Connor and bohannon are bringing now. Then there's black hole Nunge, jumperless Toussaint, garbage guy Murray, and Patrick.

So you're not just talking a dropoff after the 3rd option, you're talking a huge dropoff. We'll see if one of the Freshmen steps up, or if JBo gets his groove back. But right now, this is a round of 32, maybe sweet 16 team.
Lol

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I really don't think that's Wal-Mart at all. The tournament is a crap shoot, Virginia getting knocked off by a 16 seed the year prior to winning it all is the perfect example.

Iowa could get knocked off by a mediocre team that gets a guy hot. It happens.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
I really don't think that's Wal-Mart at all. The tournament is a crap shoot, Virginia getting knocked off by a 16 seed the year prior to winning it all is the perfect example.

Iowa could get knocked off by a mediocre team that gets a guy hot. It happens.
No shit. Everyone knows it’s a crapshoot.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I may be broken but last night’s loss didn’t really move the emotional needle for me. Whatevs.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
I may be broken but last night’s loss didn’t really move the emotional needle for me. Whatevs.
Same. I think after all these years, sports has finally crushed my soul.
Thanks Raiders. Thanks Hawkeyes. Thanks Rangers. Thanks White Sox.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
It had actually been awhile for me. I think it was the at Nebrantska game a few years ago they blew a big lead. But last night I was heated. Had to go on a walk to cool off. Then I watched the new Clooney movie on Netflix.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
It had actually been awhile for me. I think it was the at Nebrantska game a few years ago they blew a big lead. But last night I was heated. Had to go on a walk to cool off. Then I watched the new Clooney movie on Netflix.
Then what?

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Minnesota played hard and pretty good defense for most of the game. Big white kid plays hard and is physical. I see why he normally is in foul trouble though, got away with a lot. I think they got a little chippy with Joe T too.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
They scored 1.23 points per possession on the road, against a top 50 team and defense entering last night. On a night where Luka was 11-27, Joe was 3-13 and they were 10-30 from 3.

They scored 88 on the #1 team in the country when they were 4-22 from 3 and 14-26 from the line.

They're the 4th best turnover team in the country, 18th best offensive rebounding team in the country and 38th best shooting team in the country with some guys underperforming their norms. And they have the best offensive player in the country. But if you take away all of that....
Iowa clearly needs to do something different on D. But LOL at “this team sucks on offense if you take away the top 3 players”. No shit?

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Iowa clearly needs to do something different on D. But LOL at “this team sucks on offense if you take away the top 3 players”. No shit?
Warriors would suck if you took away Curry, Durant and Thompson!!!!!!!

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
response to nolook’s most disgusting racist post yet. His Original post deleted.