**Iowa vs. Minnesota Basketball Thread - 12/25/20 - 7:00pm - BTN**

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Not in the least. I was more talking about your overall posts in this thread (and your posting in general).
Another crabby fuck is what we need here, Frankie baby. I’m pretty good at what I do. Best embrace it.

Reaction score
Another crabby fuck is what we need here, Frankie baby. I’m pretty good at what I do. Best embrace it.
Well technically, you used to be pretty good at what you did. The last few months you seem to think you're somehow an elite poster here who in reality is 2nd tier. But you be you.

Signed - A guy who knows enough to stay in his lane.

Last edited:

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Clearly Frankie is still weeping heavily over Iowa basketball failing to play like a top 5 team. It’s ok. You can tearfully quit halo over it like Doug. Door’s over there.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
JFC, you probably couldn't name a 4th, 5th or 6th option for any other top 10 team.

• Black hole Nunge has gone for 18 but obviously needs to clean up his shot selection.
  • Toussaint can penetrate and plays great D despite getting killed for what he did last night.
  • Garbage Guy Murray? LOL Yes he plays within himself with great effort but he can also spot up and finish around the rim.
Your expectations are ridiculous. Do you watch college basketball outside of Iowa?
Ok, how about ya'll name another top 10 team with two starting guards that are shooting a combined 34% from the floor?

I do, in fact, watch college basketball. A good bit of it over the last 40+ years. I've seen a few ACC games live each year since I moved here (obviously not this year). Iowa's bench is the best we've seen under Fran, arguably better than any bench unit under Alfraud. There's not a dependable shooter -- yet -- but Murray, Patrick, and Toussaint have given solid minutes. Nunge? He's forcing it right now.

It's not "Wal Mart" or "Iowa Fan" to look at the backcourt -- minus CJ -- and be skeptical. This is a really good team -- Fran's best -- but I'm not sold on "elite." I've seen two elite teams at iowa in my lifetime -- '80 and '87. Granted, different eras, different styles, but I just think this year's team is missing a piece or two. I think they're a 3 or 4 seed.

Last edited:

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Ok, how about ya'll name another top 10 team with two starting guards that are shooting a combined 34% from the floor?

I do, in fact, watch college basketball. A good bit of it over the last 40+ years. I've seen a few ACC games live each year since I moved here (obviously not this year). Iowa's bench is the best we've seen under Fran, arguably better than any bench unit under Alfraud. There's not a dependable shooter -- yet -- but Murray, Patrick, and Toussaint have given solid minutes. Nunge? He's forcing it right now.

It's not "Wal Mart" or "Iowa Fan" to look at the backcourt -- minus CJ -- and be skeptical. This is a really good team -- Fran's best -- but I'm not sold on "elite." I've seen two elite teams at iowa in my lifetime -- '80 and '87. Granted, different eras, different styles, but I just think this year's team is missing a piece or two. I think they're a 3 or 4 seed.
The crew here can’t take it if you don’t suck all the dicks. Very cyclone fanatic in this thread.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I think the backcourt looks worse than it because they aren’t making/taking shots when luka is doubled and we have very few players who look to create their own shot.

feels like when luka is doubled we have four guys standing around and nobody cutting to the lane or basket

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Even CJ is just a spot up shooter vs any sort of creator. 34/60 shots are 3s and as someone mentioned earlier he has 9 rebounds in 9 games. That’s almost unbelievable at 27 min a game.

bohannon as 24 rebounds and Weiskamp 58

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
CJ is not just a spot up shooter. He can create but he just happens to get a lot of kick outs due to having the best low post scorer in the country as a teammate.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
CJ is not just a spot up shooter. He can create but he just happens to get a lot of kick outs due to having the best low post scorer in the country as a teammate.
Maybe, but Wieskamp plays with the same guy and has created his on shot a bunch and taken a lot of non three point shots and getting a ton of rebounds.

I get they play somewhat different positions but I’d like to see him do more of what Joe does since he’s often out there with Connor who can’t score in any fashion consistently

Last edited:

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
And no matter what you can’t argue that 9 rebounds through 9 games is not pathetic

tony Perkins has more total rebounds and he’s played a whole 34 minutes this season

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Maybe, but Wieskamp plays with the same guy and has created his on shot a bunch and taken a lot of non three point shots and getting a ton of rebounds.

I get they play somewhat different positions but I’d like to see him do more of what Joe does since he’s often out there with Connor who can’t score in any fashion consistently
wieskamp is also like 4 inches taller, bigger, and a better athlete.

I would worry more about CJ’s rebounding if joe, Connor, and Garza weren’t good rebounders.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You can’t have 5 rebounders and be effective in transition.

CJ should be more aggressive on offense. That’s my biggest complaint (other than leaving the guy lighting you up).

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Connor only took 2 shots and had 6 assists. He plays most of his minutes with Garza on the court. How much do you want him to shoot?

Touissant went 1-6 from the floor and 5-8 from the line. Of those two players, Connor was not the issue.
I’ve been baffled this year at the people that think there is an argument between minutes for Joe T vs Connor.

The fact of the matter, is that JBo needs to see significantly reduced minutes right now. @Debit One laid out three options for this. I don’t care which it is. But he’s a black hole on this team right now.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
This is what dougie has been saying, and I have been dutifully repeating since the beginning of the season. You basically have one example (Notre Dame a few years ago) of a team being elite offensively and bad on defense being a top 10 team. Doesn’t mean they can’t make a run in the tournament - lots of non top 10 teams do, which is what makes the tournament fun.
Edited to accurately reflect the sock puppet toadie.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Anyhow, I’ve said it a few times now. I don’t think Joe is bad. He’s a fine college player. He’s just overrated by some fans solely because they’re tired of bohannon.
Why don't you quit wasting our time and just incorporate dougie's posts.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
Agreed.

The thing is, the defense wasn't all that bad until the last 6 minutes. They make 1-2 more free throws and end that game, it's a totally different discussion. Good top 50 road win that they had to grind out. Instead everything compounded and they gave it away.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: