- Iowa vs Northwestern. 1/17/21. 11:00am. CBS -

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Looked really good. They were broke for about a 12 minute stretch which helped.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Watching Garza and the starters is a joy this year, but one of the best things about these games is seeing how that the future is pretty bright after this season as well. Lots and lots of good young players on this team.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
This is nitpicking after a great overall game, but when Wieskamp gets to the rim in traffic there is about a 10% chance that he's going to make the shot.

For a very athletic guy he manages to frequently get his shot blocked in that situation. I think that it's because he almost always comes to a jump stop, which allows the defense to collect itself.

Like I said, it's nitpicking.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not sure which was more entertaining in the first half.... NW (& Bouie) shooting out of their asses only to keep the score near even, or Collins with his histrionics on the sidelines on some foul calls.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This is nitpicking after a great overall game, but when Wieskamp gets to the rim in traffic there is about a 10% chance that he's going to make the shot.

For a very athletic guy he manages to frequently get his shot blocked in that situation. I think that it's because he almost always comes to a jump stop, which allows the defense to collect itself.

It’s not nitpicking. He needs to try to rip the rim down on those.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

He's really athletic, but ultimately doesn't have any real improvisational gene in his body. He's locked in on what he is going to do and once he hits a certain point there is no adjusting.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Watching Garza and the starters is a joy this year, but one of the best things about these games is seeing how that the future is pretty bright after this season as well. Lots and lots of good young players on this team.
Ulis and Kris Murray on basically the 3rd team after the shit we sat through under the criminal is still amazing to me.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I think Gesell was 0% for Iowa in similar situations.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Bigger nitpick, IMO, is when he's awarded the whistle and FT attempts, he's only good for 1 of 2 most times, sometimes its an 0fer.

But that said, he was really feeling it with his mid-range game today. Nice stroke.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It’s not nitpicking. He needs to try to rip the rim down on those.
Like many have said he just predetermines everything he is going to do when he drives. He doesn't have a feel for when to use them rim or when to use his body or when to hit a floater. Not every situation requires the need to create contact. Fredrick on the other hand is pretty damn good at reading the situation and finishing.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Iowa is #1 in offensive efficiency by over a point. Defense is up to #69.

The gap between Iowa and Baylor (the number 4 offense) on offense is the same as the gap between Iowa’s defense and a top 10 D.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Reaction score
Iowa is #1 in offensive efficiency by over a point. Defense is up to #69.

The gap between Iowa and Baylor (the number 4 offense) on offense is the same as the gap between Iowa’s defense and a top 10 D.
That was a central theme of Pomeroy's article on Gonzaga and elite offenses. And honestly, the level of this offense is almost underrated sometimes. The gap between Iowa and the #14 offense is the same as #14 to #161. You could do a million of those but Iowa and Gonzaga are well clear of the other elite offenses which are pretty clear from the other top 25 offenses.

We're lucky to have a top 5 team at Iowa. To have them play at this pace with the best offense in the country, the best player in the country and this entertaining to watch? Unbelievable.