- Iowa vs Northwestern. 1/17/21. 11:00am. CBS -

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
These "oh sorry! we suddenly have Covid" postponements are like teams deciding they need to self-ban themselves from the NCAA Tourney this year since they suck and would barely earn a bid anyways. (ok, no it isn't. I'm just bitching)

GD it.

That NEB game is basically a freebie in the W column for the Hawks. Those fucking pussies.

Reaction score
These "oh sorry! we suddenly have Covid" postponements are like teams deciding they need to self-ban themselves from the NCAA Tourney this year since they suck and would barely earn a bid anyways. (ok, no it isn't. I'm just bitching)

GD it.

That NEB game is basically a freebie in the W column for the Hawks. Those fucking pussies.
Need to make them forfeits

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

GD it.

WTF? How else should they announce COVID? Slowly over the course of a couple weeks as it lays siege to their gym? Do you think they have advanced warning of when it’s going to happen but just hold off for Iowa week? Do you watch any other college basketball? Do you think only teams preparing to play Iowa are having to cancel games?

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
WTF? How else should they announce COVID? Slowly over the course of a couple weeks as it lays siege to their gym? Do you watch any other college basketball? Do you think only teams preparing to play Iowa are having to cancel games?
(ok, no it isn't. I'm just bitching)
Perhaps you missed my disclaimer at just being frustrated at seeing a game postponed when it was to be played against a team that would have been a major upset if the Hawks had lost the game.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
looked like Iowa’s best game passing and exploiting the double teams on Garza. Garza was finding the open guy and the open guy often found a more open guy.
Easy to see why the Hawks are #1 in AdjO.

Quoting Raff, "That's what makes this team so good, they pass up good shots for better ones (referencing the assists)".

Reaction score
With this IA team its easy to expect to run a team like NW out of the gym, and so I find myself nitpicking stupid stuff. Need to remind myself this type of excellence isn't the norm for IA so enjoy this beautiful fuckin' ride. Cause its damn fun.

Reaction score
Not only does Keegan have quickness, leaping ability and anticipation on defense, but you can tell Kenyon worked with him so much on the fundamentals of how to play defense. He is going to be an outstanding defensive player.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Not only does Keegan have quickness, leaping ability and anticipation on defense, but you can tell Kenyon worked with him so much on the fundamentals of how to play defense. He is going to be an outstanding defensive player.
Going to be? He’s already there and can guard the perimeter which is so important for this team.

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Some of these kids had good coaches in high school who demanded they play defense. Connor and Patrick probably still have nightmares about Bergman riding their ass about playing hard on defense.