**Iowa vs. Northwestern Basketball - 1/14/20 - 7pm - BTN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Need to not be ice cold and win this game. That sets up Iowa at 3-3 in conference with a 3 game stretch at home following this. Maybe they get Frederick back and make a push.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Pemsl should never start

also on the radio post game last night Fran called him a Senior:)
I thought he might get the Dom Uhl treatment, but looks like he might get the Brady Ellingson treatment.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
This game scared me more when Carmody coached up there.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
A very good game out of Joe T and Evelyn would be very helpful. I think Garza and Weezy will show up. It would be great if CJ can play a little but that would be a surprise.

If everyone else just avoids a lot of fumbling and bumbling, we'll win.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Here's hoping that the majority of Evanston looks like this around 9pm tomorrow night -

I felt just like that watching a lot of yuge Iowa games back in the stone ages. Pembrook Burrows, Vaughn Wedeking and his 25 foot drop-dead-on-the-rim shot that Burrrows tipped in, Dayton, Louisville and UNLV come to mind, among others. Might as well throw in the phantom Mark Gannon foul in triple OT that cost us the Big Ten title while I'm at it. Have I ruined anyone else's day?

Last edited:

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
This is the one time where I'd say -- "if there's any chance you can make the injury worse, we don't need you tonight."

If they are rushing him back and he aggravates it further and prolongs the recovery, I'd be a lot more pissed he does it tonight vs. on Friday against Michigan.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It is simply a different and much better team with Fredrick on the court. He is a fucking great shooter, defender, ball handler and finisher.

Slow start and some terrible defense and rebounding the first 30 minutes, but they turned it on when Garza came back in.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Toussaint had a tough night, but that is going to continue to happen. He will have a couple of good games and then a shit game. Bakari was on tonight on both ends so it didn't matter.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That post game interview was strange. Fucking camera man zoomed in as far as he could go.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
More like Steve Farto.

Reaction score
Fun to put it on them. The only area we were hurt was on the glass first half. They got some lucky bounces on some of their boards but the attention wasn't there. 2nd half they cleaned it up right away.

I was kind of hoping he'd go back to Toussaint once it was put away but Fran likes to stay with a lineup that extends the lead and I'd rather that than automatic subs. Rough night for him but Bakari was really solid. Connor knocking down a couple more 3's will make teams extend on him at some point which helps with the post feeds and cutters. 17-50 now (34%) after 6-29 last year.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I like this team.

If we get Luka and Joe back we could be in line for something pretty special next year.

It might be good this year.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I have no idea how to describe CJs game but he’s really good.

I also like how Wieskamp didn’t have to force anything tonight because other guys were contributing.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This Fran interview is scaring me.

Reactions: Jim