**Iowa vs. Penn State Basketball - 1/4/19 - 1pm - BTN**

Creed

Doesn't go to the dentist
Reaction score
Iowa is a tough team but I think this is a bit of a preview for a lot of Giant Douche games.
If this game was in Iowa City they win going away. Road games are going to be a bitch in the Big Ten this year.
Correct. Need to steal a few on the road to give a cushion for a couple of home losses. Taking one on Tuesday should help with that. Hopefully CJ is back and everyone is recovered from that slugfest today.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Yep. Most of it. The refs and temperature was the same for both teams. The bitchy whining is hypocritical.

Losing down the stretch at a ranked conference opponent happens. Some times the other team is better and get some breaks. Iowa wasn’t going undefeated. Was a good game and above all got Joe T some big time experience for future close games.
Jesus fuck you are on an Iowa message board with Iowa fans. What do you expect to see? Excitement over the loss? Praising the officiating? You are grasping for straws here man. Pretty much everyone in this thread has been realistic about why Iowa lost. And most of us are disappointed, but encouraged. Fuck off

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Yep. Most of it. The refs and temperature was the same for both teams. The bitchy whining is hypocritical.

Losing down the stretch at a ranked conference opponent happens. Some times the other team is better and get some breaks. Iowa wasn’t going undefeated. Was a good game and above all got Joe T some big time experience for future close games.
right, so you know that no one is blaming bad calls for losing, only that the way big ten game are officiated makes it very tough to win away from home.

StinkyMcFadden

Has Seen a Decent Number of Mexican Penises
Reaction score
I actually think that Iowa got some calls on fouls where no one touched the Iowa player.

If CJ is able to play, we win. He didn't, so we lost.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Fuck. They played tough. Absolutely have to get CJ healthy. Too important.

Reaction score
So fucking tired of (nearly) always "just came up a little short" vs PSU in Pennsylvania - no matter the circumstances or game flow!

And also, fuck Stevens and his 23 fucking years of eligibility and of course the refs making sure he didn't get his 5th foul as a home team SR and he helps pull off the win for those bastards.
we won there last year.
Which would be why I included the (nearly).

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
This whole game was set up for Fran. They need to win
Penn State moved a home game just for Fran! Not because they have 4 kids from Philly on the roster and want to recruit there.
According to one of the announcers today, PSU liked the idea of playing in the Palestra because they expected a lot of empty seats in their home arena. A real win-win for Fran. I'd rather have had him take his family to the Palestra another time.

Reaction score
So you lose a close neutral away game and immediately blame the refs, the location/temperature, and the other team’s coach cheats...

Maybe the Cyclone Fanatic version of Geese should start cutting and pasting quotes from here back to there to make fun of “Iowa Fan”
Great takeaway dumbfuck. Try and stick to breaking down how tall Seton Hall's front court was and why that translates to cyclone wins.

Reaction score
So you lose a close neutral away game and immediately blame the refs, the location/temperature, and the other team’s coach cheats...

Maybe the Cyclone Fanatic version of Geese should start cutting and pasting quotes from here back to there to make fun of “Iowa Fan”
Maybe you should shut the fuck up and find another message board.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score

Who blamed the refs, location/temp or anything like that?

Iowa lost on the road. Not a single person is blaming it on any of that shit.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

Man, are you desperate for a win.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
I read back through the thread again. Who are you talking about blaming the loss on any of the things you mentioned @eclone?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
There might have been 4 bad calls that I remember the whole game. The non travel, the foul on Garza when he got all ball, not calling a foul on that drive by Connor and the 5th foul on Watkins was terrible.

The difference was Stevens got to sit like 10 second half game minutes because of foul trouble and when he came back in he had 10x’s the energy of anyone else in the floor. Garzas missed free throws didn’t help. Not sure what’s up there, he was really good his first 2 years. Must be mental.

Reaction score

Maybe you should GFY.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score

Less time on HaLo and more time getting your fucking shitty cars in the garage. Chop chop.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
I'm shocked that @eclone is going to tuck tail and run on this. How @birdinahouse like of him.

He's always been one of the 2 best Cyclone posters, but this was below him. Shame.

Reaction score
I didn't say it had anything to do with today's loss - which I did attribute to Iowa's lack of depth - but I've been calling out Chambers on his shit for years (this one from 2017):
We should start a pool for coaches we think will go down hard.
/snip
Most likely to be dirty:
Underwood
Pitino the Younger

On the fence:
Painter
Archie Miller
Chambers
Miles
Maryland (Diamond Stone)
Chambers absolutely does. He kept it clean for a while but since he's been in danger of losing his job he's all in - he turned to the Philly area, primarily, to do his cheating. Underwood and Pitino, yep. Miller wouldn't surprise me, doubtful on Miles and highly doubtful on Painter.

/Not an insider but has spoken with one specifically about these things.

Reaction score
I also hope that when Wieskamp watches this game that he finally realizes that his step back long 2's are garbage and he should never shoot one again. The only path for him is going strong to the hoop if he isn't shooting a three. Even when he misses going strong it usually is a rebound and score for Garza.
I was kind of surprised Fran didn't run any sets to try and give Joe a clean look when it was a one possession game late.
Dude was money today when he had a clean look at the basket.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
I thought that venue was cool as shit btw. I don't care that it was hot in there. Really cool atmosphere.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
They were super aggressive with denying both him and Garza and the end.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I also hope that when Wieskamp watches this game that he finally realizes that his step back long 2's are garbage and he should never shoot one again. The only path for him is going strong to the hoop if he isn't shooting a three. Even when he misses going strong it usually is a rebound and score for Garza.
I was kind of surprised Fran didn't run any sets to try and give Joe a clean look when it was a one possession game late.
Dude was money today when he had a clean look at the basket.
Have to give some credit to Penn State. They basically took Garza and Joe out of the game the last 4 minutes.

Reaction score
I didn't say it had anything to do with today's loss - which I did attribute to Iowa's lack of depth - but I've been calling out Chambers on his shit for years (this one from 2017):
/snip
Most likely to be dirty:
Underwood
Pitino the Younger

On the fence:
Painter
Archie Miller
Chambers
Miles
Maryland (Diamond Stone)
Chambers absolutely does. He kept it clean for a while but since he's been in danger of losing his job he's all in - he turned to the Philly area, primarily, to do his cheating. Underwood and Pitino, yep. Miller wouldn't surprise me, doubtful on Miles and highly doubtful on Painter.

/Not an insider but has spoken with one specifically about these things.
Nobody knows the truth.

Reaction score
Garza was physically done the last 5 minutes. I don’t believe he sat out at all the 2nd half. Having tired heavy legs affects shooting and defense. He missed the free throws and didn’t jump on defense. He played a great game, just ran out energy.

Pemsl is bad, play Till some minutes. I really hate after Pemsl passes the ball he looks down at the ground for some reason. It is a smug thing to do that he has not earned at all. He has no awareness.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Whole lotta halo group think when it comes to Pemsl. He hasn’t played well this year, but it’s the classic whipping boy mentality. 6 rebounds and an assist in only 10 minutes. He turned it over and wasn’t great, but he was the least of Iowa’s problems.

Reaction score
They have to figure out the TOs
Most seem to be sloppy fucking passes, the rest seem to be stupid fucking passes, then there are a few out of control things with Joe (that will be huge assists later on).

Reaction score
Pemsl was walking the ball up after an inbound and the rest of the team had to yell at him to at least jog the ball up. He is not on the same page as the rest of the team. Garza was down low and then Pemsl posted up on the other block literally clogging the lane for Garza. He doesn’t deserve critical minutes in games.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Lol but did he look down at the ground after he passed it? Gosh I hate that.

Reaction score
Lol but did he look down at the ground after he passed it? Gosh I hate that.
I sense your sarcasm, but I’ll ignore it and agree with you.

Hopefully he has a solid game soon, b/c Iowa needs him without Nunge and Patrick.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
Whole lotta halo group think when it comes to Pemsl. He hasn’t played well this year, but it’s the classic whipping boy mentality. 6 rebounds and an assist in only 10 minutes. He turned it over and wasn’t great, but he was the least of Iowa’s problems.
Nope. He was terrible. Responsible for at least 3 turnovers and some terrible defense.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Nope. He was terrible. Responsible for at least 3 turnovers and some terrible defense.
Im not going to call his play “good”. But to read halo one would think he caused the loss. It’s what happens when many people can’t think for themselves.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

*were

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
Im not going to call his play “good”. But to read halo one would think he caused the loss. It’s what happens when many people can’t think for themselves.
Oh fuck off. He was bad as usual.

Reaction score
His rebounds look nice but I think he only had 1 or 2 that were actually contested. They didn't outweigh his mistakes. Like usual, he tends to compound his mistakes which really hurts.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
1) you racist piece of shit

2) that ugly lesbian sucked a lot of shit today and hellen Keller could have seen the floor and the other fucking team more clear than him

Reaction score
I missed it due to kids bday party but my dad told me today that the arena was 80 degrees and that's why Iowa got so winded. Any fact to this?

Reaction score
I missed it due to kids bday party but my dad told me today that the arena was 80 degrees and that's why Iowa got so winded. Any fact to this?
Penn State didn't let us bring our sun huts.

AZmess

Loved and Defended Lickliter Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
@eclone ? Thoughts?

Reaction score

Hoping to get an apology letter. Those are cool, right?
Surprised Barta didn't interrupt the post game press conference to complain. I think some other schools AD did that