**Iowa vs. San Diego State Basketball - 11/29/19 - 7pm - FS1**

Reaction score
Connor was 5-7, 2-3 from 3, 3-4 from the line. 5 boards, 3 assists, 0 turns.
CJ 6-10, 2-5 from 3, 2-3 from the line, 3 boards, 5 assists, 1 turn.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Kriener and Wieskamp played the 2 worst minutes of basketball in Iowa history with about 5 minutes left.

Reaction score
Overall it's a solid split. But frustrating because we built a big lead with the 2nd unit playing so well. Just couldn't get anything from the studs and they were on fire second half.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
I thought I heard at the beginning of the broadcast that Weiskamp was puking during halftime last night?

Would definitely explain some of his performance tonight and last night.

Tonight was there for the taking. Disappointing, but overall good tournament. Liked how they showed they can still go small against a big team and have success tonight.

Reaction score
I thought I heard at the beginning of the broadcast that Weiskamp was puking during halftime last night?

Would definitely explain some of his performance tonight and last night.

Tonight was there for the taking. Disappointing, but overall good tournament. Liked how they showed they can still go small against a big team and have success tonight.
Yes they said he had/has the flu and was puking at halftime. Didn't turn it over tonight at least but wasn't good.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Overall it's a solid split. But frustrating because we built a big lead with the 2nd unit playing so well. Just couldn't get anything from the studs and they were on fire second half.
It's a minor thing and you can't take the players off the floor that built the lead, but I was a little worried Fran left the starters on the bench a little too long in the 1st half.

Win on Tuesday.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Weiskamp has been disappointing this season. Probably putting too much pressure on himself. Iowa needs him to play a lot better than he has been.

Reaction score
It's a minor thing and you can't take the players off the floor that built the lead, but I was a little worried Fran left the starters on the bench a little too long in the 1st half.

Win on Tuesday.
I can see that but I liked it. They were playing great D and playing with good tempo, moving the ball. I think he sensed bohannon didn't have it tonight and Luka was out with 2 fouls. Obviously they have more knowledge on Wieskamp's illness and how he was feeling than we do. The minute distribution makes sense given the game:
Fredrick 32
Connor 28
Wieskamp 26
Luka 25
bohannon 23
Toussaint 22
Evelyn 17
Kriener 16
Pemsl 11

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I know he’s not playing a lot but I’d be fine with less pemsl

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
The person you would see if that happened is Riley Till. Are you sure?
Maybe. Can I get 11 minutes from Till and then decide?

Pemsl needs to go home every night for a month and eat a pack of double stuff oreos, 1/2 gallon of ice cream and a large order of Pokey sticks. Come back when he’s a big fat asshole with old man game again

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
The person you would see if that happened is Riley Till. Are you sure?
Maybe. Can I get 11 minutes from Till and then decide?

Pemsl needs to go home every night for a month and eat a pack of double stuff oreos, 1/2 gallon of ice cream and a large order of Pokey sticks. Come back when he’s a big fat asshole with old man game again
There was a time when Pemsl was good and could have been a very solid big ten player. That time has obviously passed. Without Nunge he is who you have to provide cover at the 4. I assure you Pemsl's corpse is better than what Till can give you.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Ehhh I’m not so sure. Till ain’t the answer but pemsl is pretty terrible.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Pemsl will end up having some big games.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I thought the biggest mistake that Iowa made was to try over and over to force the ball to Garza at the start of the second half. It was pretty obvious it wasn't work after the first few times. It was the main reason the lead was erased so quickly.

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Connor does a better job of not getting pushed around by bigger plays than Cordell does. He will have a few games where he plays well I’m sure but he’s pretty limited.

Lost weight to get faster but he didn’t get any faster and he gets pushed around more, he use to have a sweet little shot near the basket and now he appears to have nothing

douglasbader

Reaction score
Connor does a better job of not getting pushed around by bigger plays than Cordell does. He will have a few games where he plays well I’m sure but he’s pretty limited.

Lost weight to get faster but he didn’t get any faster and he gets pushed around more, he use to have a sweet little shot near the basket and now he appears to have nothing
Uhhhh....

hawkeyealum

Reaction score
Ninja edit on the reread beat you!

CamelTones

Reaction score
That defensive possession where that big Australian guy just backed Pemsl down and laid it in off the glass with no resistance was kinda embarrassing.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
This team is going to win some games, keep us entertained, and be in the hunt for a tournament bid with a little bit of luck. I’m good with that. It’s a group of really likable guys for the most part, and I can’t get over how hard they work on defense. I’ll try as hard as I can to get back to Iowa for a game or two this year. This group deserves some big carver crowds.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Ehhh I’m not so sure. Till ain’t the answer but pemsl is pretty terrible.
Pemsl is the only guy that plays that I have no idea what he really brings to the team. Evelyn sucks but at least he plays pretty good defense.

He also seems to be floating out around the perimeter way to much. Needs to get his lesbian ass down on the block.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
They played like shit and still competed. That's a good sign.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
If Connor can shoot anywhere close to how he did in Vegas they can play Joe T and him together. Would be yuge.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Joe T showed growth this weekend. Still gonna have freshman moments but that little shit competes and isn’t a spaz like Dickerson was.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If Connor can shoot anywhere close to how he did in Vegas they can play Joe T and him together. Would be yuge.
Connor is just mentally tough. Alot of guys may have hesitated to shoot their whole career after last year. He realized he has to be a threat and I think he is actually a pretty damn good shooter.

Garza, Fredrick, Toussaint, bohannon, and Connor are all tough motherfuckers. It's been a while since you could say that about a majority of our guys.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Joe T showed growth this weekend. Still gonna have freshman moments but that little shit competes and isn’t a spaz like Dickerson was.
Lots to love about his game. Hope he learns that his contested step back long 2s aren’t going to work

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Watching the replay now. Man bohannon was awful.

SDSU were amongst the worst fans I’ve ever sat around. Just a bunch of whiny pricks.

That said, I sat next to Wetzell’s dad and he was awesome. They are from New Zealand and he said Yanni was a world ranked junior tennis player until growing 6 inches his senior year. He can tell by his lateral quickness. His dad loves Des Moines by the way which I found about the most random thing ever. He was very impressed with our toughness.

also I came home up like 1500 net of all my trip expenses which included about 750 on 36 holes of golf/drinks/caddy.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Also a few times live I thought CJ messed up on D but upon further review it was mostly Toussaint. It’s obvious what he brings to the table but honestly he makes a ton of little mistakes at both ends. I hope Connor keeps playing well so we can get Joe getting 20 mpg. Having multiple ball handlers this year will help him come along faster. CJ and Connor were both really good at both ends against a really quick, big team who was not pushed the night before.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I think i like where this team is at right now. They were beat up and gassed but fought to the end in that game and didn’t take shit from the SDSU guys who were absolutely chirpy as fuck. Their fans are clearly not used to playing a physical team as well. They asked for a foul every player and we just laughed at them.

I really think the current guys have changed the mental culture of the program a bit. I had consistently heard that the 2015-2016 kids were soft and a bit entitled. Nothing against them personally because there are some good players from that group but when the 2017 kids came in there was a bit of a disconnect. Now add CJ and Toussaint to that group and I think you have a great leadership core who, importantly, can also play. Wieskamp is a good player but he’s just not a vocal guy and I am not sure he ever will be. That’s ok though as long as he gets healthy and starts playing better.