**Iowa vs. Syracuse Basketball - 12/3/19 - 6pm - ESPN2**

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Joe T’s energy is a huge plus off the bench for this team.

Reaction score
Yeah he sat with that 3rd foul with about 13 minutes left. Bakari came in and that group extended the lead from 9 to 19 and maintained it. He just stayed with that group until the final minute.

He's so fun to watch. Other than the slow trots back after his missed 3's where they got run outs.

Reaction score
Connor completely bricked a wide open three to end the first half, came up a foot short on an air-balled three, and flicked a mid-range shot into the front of the rim before he finally made that three. He does a lot of good things for this team, but his “shot” is ugly. His defense and passing mostly make up for it.

Last edited:

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The Hawks had two rotation players out (one key player) and beat the brakes off of a traditional powerhouse on the road. I’m not going to complain about shit!

Reaction score
Ol Joe T will hit you in the nose with ball if you're not paying attention. He's gonna be special. The defensive effort seems way better to me solely based on the fact that they seem to be fouling more.

Syracuse sucks. I overreacted like a faggot after the DePaul game.
I was surprised Joe T didn't play more. Especially with Frederick out.

3 bad fouls in 13 minutes was probably the primary cause of that.

Reaction score
Ol Joe T will hit you in the nose with ball if you're not paying attention. He's gonna be special. The defensive effort seems way better to me solely based on the fact that they seem to be fouling more.

Syracuse sucks. I overreacted like a faggot after the DePaul game.

He started chucking up 3s as soon as he got on the court. His shot is weird, looks like he puts side spin on it.

He shot a bad three then lazily went back on D, while his man hustled back and threw down a nasty dunk.

He was just trying to score too much at the beginning b/c his family was there. Then he calmed down and made some great passes.

Reaction score
Connor completely bricked a wide open three to end the first half, came up a foot short on an air-balled three, and flicked a mid-range shot into the front of the rim before he finally made that three. He does a lot of good things for this team, but his “shot” is ugly. His defense and passing mostly make up for it.
Complaining about a desperation chuck at the end of a shot clock is an interesting takeaway. Connor is back up to .300 from 3 and that's with a small sample size and multiple late shot clock heaves. He is shooting 90% from the line and 61% on 2s. He has shown he can make that weird fadeaway that is almost Dirk-like. He's a very effective shooter.

Reaction score
Complaining about a desperation chuck at the end of a shot clock is an interesting takeaway. Connor is back up to .300 from 3 and that's with a small sample size and multiple late shot clock heaves. He is shooting 90% from the line and 61% on 2s. He has shown he can make that weird fadeaway that is almost Dirk-like. He's a very effective shooter.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
Guys, he said almost like an NBA hall of famer.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
There is someone with a terrible shot selection on the team. It isn’t Connor

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
There is someone with a terrible shot selection on the team. It isn’t Connor
A true Haloman would have finished with “you just aren’t smart enough to figure it out.”

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Toussaint was open on all of his 3 attempts, they just didn't go in. Last year everyone complained that Connor passed up those shots. He has to take those shots otherwise everyone will sag off of him and completely neutralize his drives.

Reaction score

I'm only comparing how slow it is and that weird backward lean that allows him to get it off. Do I have to preface every comparison with "I'm not saying he's as good as _____" for the dumbfucks?

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

I'm only comparing how slow it is and that weird backward lean that allows him to get it off. Do I have to preface every comparison with "I'm not saying he's as good as _____" for the dumbfucks?
Consider your audience

Reaction score

Reaction score

We still talking about basketball?

Reaction score

Just call it a fadeaway. It's a plain Jane fadeaway shot. It sure as fuck doesn't look like when Dirk did it.

6deuce

6douche
Reaction score

He started chucking up 3s as soon as he got on the court. His shot is weird, looks like he puts side spin on it.

He shot a bad three then lazily went back on D, while his man hustled back and threw down a nasty dunk.

He was just trying to score too much at the beginning b/c his family was there. Then he calmed down and made some great passes.
Needs to keep that elbow in a little bit.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Toussaint was open on all of his 3 attempts, they just didn't go in. Last year everyone complained that Connor passed up those shots. He has to take those shots otherwise everyone will sag off of him and completely neutralize his drives.
I mean yea I am fine with him shooting wide open 3s occasionally, but I don’t like him coming off the bench cold doing it. He was much better after those first couple of minutes. I guess my point is that Iowa’s offense has better options than Toussaint shooting 3s, open or not. I am hopeful that he starts hitting them.

Reaction score
I mean yea I am fine with him shooting wide open 3s occasionally, but I don’t like him coming off the bench cold doing it. He was much better after those first couple of minutes. I guess my point is that Iowa’s offense has better options than Toussaint shooting 3s, open or not. I am hopeful that he starts hitting them.
He’s a god damn freshman FFS. He’s gonna do dumb shit. We have been waiting 9-10 years for a quick, penetrating, defensive PG. Don’t fuck this up, Curd.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
He’s a god damn freshman FFS. He’s gonna do dumb shit. We have been waiting 9-10 years for a quick, penetrating, defensive PG. Don’t fuck this up, Curd.
Haha I know, trust me. I even felt like a douche typing it. For what Toussaint brings to the table, his minor amount of dumbfuckery is well worth it.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I think Connor probably caught wind of our complaints after last season and it fueled his desire for improvement. I will continue with my harsh criticism.

He had a few bad passes and missed some shots. One time he looked at the ball while he was dribbling.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I think Connor probably caught wind of our complaints after last season and it fueled his desire for improvement. I will continue with my harsh criticism.

He had a few bad passes and missed some shots. One time he looked at the ball while he was dribbling.
figure that shit out, @cmccafferey

Rolo Tomassi

Friend to All Small Animals
Reaction score
But it won't be long before Iowa's opponents figure out that - let's be honest here - Toussaint isn't a very good shot and they sag off him to encourage him to take those long shots.