**Iowa vs. Syracuse Basketball - 12/3/19 - 6pm - ESPN2**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Syracuse is shitty on offense and was blown out by Penn State.

Not an easy place to win, but this is the year to do it.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They need to find a way to split the next 4 games. That will be pretty hard, but think they can find a way. If they can finish the pre-January schedule 8-5 they likely need to go 9-9 the rest of the way and win 1 in the BTT to make the NCAA Tournament.

Given how bohannon played tonight I wonder if the next 2 games will pretty much determine if he is going to shut it down or not.

Iowa is at least fun to watch and have a lot of promising players going forward.

Reaction score
They need to find a way to split the next 4 games. That will be pretty hard, but think they can find a way. If they can finish the pre-January schedule 8-5 they likely need to go 9-9 the rest of the way and win 1 in the BTT to make the NCAA Tournament.

Given how bohannon played tonight I wonder if the next 2 games will pretty much determine if he is going to shut it down or not.

Iowa is at least fun to watch and have a lot of promising players going forward.
As of a week ago, I'm pretty confident the plan was to play up to 10 then shut it down. Then he looked really good last night, played well, the team played well and they had success and fun. He moved better than he had this year so I wondered if that was up in the air. Then tonight he was pretty much invisible so who knows. He won't have to play back to back nights again until mid-March but I think their big fear is he isn't fully right and struggles mid-late season and it's a lost year. On paper if everyone is back next year's team looks awesome but nothing is guaranteed.

douglasbader

Reaction score

As of a week ago, I'm pretty confident the plan was to play up to 10 then shut it down. Then he looked really good last night, played well, the team played well and they had success and fun. He moved better than he had this year so I wondered if that was up in the air. Then tonight he was pretty much invisible so who knows. He won't have to play back to back nights again until mid-March but I think their big fear is he isn't fully right and struggles mid-late season and it's a lost year. On paper if everyone is back next year's team looks awesome but nothing is guaranteed.
I think next week is going to determine everything. If they get beat on the road at Syracuse and Michigan than he will get shut down.

People keep talking about him playing the Iowa State game, but that would be game #11. He can't play in that one, right?

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score

I think next week is going to determine everything. If they get beat on the road at Syracuse and Michigan than he will get shut down.

People keep talking about him playing the Iowa State game, but that would be game #11. He can't play in that one, right?
Right. He needs to sit out one more to play in that one. Thought they might do it tonight.

I think he ends up redshirting this year but who knows.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

He sat out the Cal-Poly game.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score

He sat out the Cal-Poly game.
Still needs one more for the 1/3 rule no?

douglasbader

Reaction score
I wonder how good the Big Ten is going to be potentially plays into it. Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Maryland and Michigan are all top tier. Penn State and Indiana are really tough as well. Illinois and Rutgers even are tougher than they have been lately.

Even if fully healthy, it would take a lot to get in the Top 7 this year.

Reaction score
I wonder how good the Big Ten is going to be potentially plays into it. Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Maryland and Michigan are all top tier. Penn State and Indiana are really tough as well. Illinois and Rutgers even are tougher than they have been lately.

Even if fully healthy, it would take a lot to get in the Top 7 this year.
Tough call. With him I think we can fight to get in the mix for the tournament as an 8-10 seed potentially but will be tough. If he redshirts and everyone comes back, next year has the potential to be really good. But a hundred things could happen between now and then.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score

After doing a little digging, they were blown out by Penn St (I didn’t notice that in your OP). Kind of a really really should win type of game, right?

douglasbader

Reaction score

After doing a little digging, they were blown out by Penn St (I didn’t notice that in your OP). Kind of a really really should win type of game, right?
It is a road game at Syracuse, so always going to be a struggle.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
A relative of Bohannons said the plan is still to redshirt, fwiw

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Fucking a fat whore

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Down by the shore. It’s the stuff of lore.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
That exchange made me snore

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The internet was invented by Al Gore.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
the lot of you are rotten, to the core.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
down by the river's shore
I met a flabby old whore.
she ate s'mores on all fours
as I groaned and roared,
but her cooter's hygiene
she must have ignored
for now I am red, and sore

Last edited:

thrawn

Reaction score
If Iowa wins, for Syracuse it will be loss number four

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Iowa getting 4. I would like to take the Hawks and the points, but I have a vagina.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
So how old was Boeheim when he had Buddy? I figured it was his grandkid.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The kid just turned 20 and Jim is 75. Imagine having a 5 yr old to take care of when you’re 60. Screw that (and yes I know others probably did the vast majority of the work).

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Last thing I want to do when I’m 50 is raise small children.