***Iowa vs Wisconsin. 2/18/21. 6:00 PM. ESPN (The Ocho?)***

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Are you assuming Weiskamp is gone? If not, Joe and CJ are elite shooters, and jack and Kegan are adequate. Connor has improved each year and I’d expect the same from Pat.
I think Keegan is going to take a huge step forward next year as a starter. He’ll find his touch and will take off.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Do the murray's both have their first name initials on their jerseys, but the mccaffrey's don't?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
i don’t see any way joe comes back at this point. He’s having an incredible season. And not in some “he’s good in college” type way. His best skill translates well. He’s a potential first rounder. He’s shooting FIFTY FUCKING PERCENT from 3pt in the best conference in the country. He could go undrafted and still find a way to a ten year career.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Connor kind of feels like the odd man out next year. I'm not a Connor hater, but I don't know where he fits next year.
I see him as the consummate glue guy next year. He may not be the most athletic player, but he will always be around the ball with his commitment to hustle and his intangibles.

Whatever his role might be, Connor will bring his lunch pail and hard hat every game.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I see him as the consummate glue guy next year. He may not be the most athletic player, but he will always be around the ball with his commitment to hustle and his intangibles.

Whatever his role might be, Connor will bring his lunch pail and hard hat every game.
This. Connor basically is what he is but if you think about next year’s team without bohannon he’ll be a key part of it. Sure he’s not the best shooter but he’s prone to hit a few shots and more importantly he plays tough on both ends and is a very good passer most of the time.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
He had a smart foul tonight where he stopped D'Mitrik Trice around the foul line before Trice went up (he immediately put his hand up to say he fouled) which Trice likely would have had an easy lay-up (and possibly an and-one situation with most people who would have tried to contest the shot). Wisconsin then had the ball underneath and they missed a jumper on the ensuing possession.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
He had a smart foul tonight where he stopped D'Mitrik Trice around the foul line before Trice went up (he immediately put his hand up to say he fouled) which Trice likely would have had an easy lay-up (and possibly an and-one situation with most people who would have tried to contest the shot). Wisconsin then had the ball underneath and they missed a jumper on the ensuing possession.
I wouldn’t call not elbowing Trice in the face a smart play.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree on Wieskamp being NBA-ready. His possible future in that league is as a 3 and D guy -- he's got the 3, but I'm not sold on his ability to defend in the NBA, and his ball handling may also need to go up a notch. Let the wife (who will probably be the long-term prime earner in the family) finish up dental school, play another year for the Hawks, and then see.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Joe is one of those guys that I don’t think will hurt his stock by coming back. Haven’t been able to find many recent mocks but I don’t think he’s a lottery pick. He definitely will have a decision to make.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Back to the Vadgers. Now that Fran's boys have doubled the diameter of Bucky's muckhole, they need to finish the job and turn it into a vast gaping fistula in Iowa City.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree on Wieskamp being NBA-ready. His possible future in that league is as a 3 and D guy -- he's got the 3, but I'm not sold on his ability to defend in the NBA, and his ball handling may also need to go up a notch. Let the wife (who will probably be the long-term prime earner in the family) finish up dental school, play another year for the Hawks, and then see.
She can still go to dental school if he’s riding the bench making league minimum in Chicago.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
The only people that think joe is a 1st round nba guy are people that don’t watch the nba.
Those guys are freaks.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The only people that think joe is a 1st round nba guy are people that don’t watch the nba.
Those guys are freaks.
1st round? Probably not. Is anyone saying that? But there is definitely a place for him in today’s NBA and it is much easier to see him carving out a nice role for himself there than Luka.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I think Joe will make a lot of money somewhere. he's not better than Peter Jok, who cant make the nba.
It wasn't that long ago, but my memory sucks. I don't recall Jok having any real ability to drive into the lane.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
She can still go to dental school if he’s riding the bench making league minimum in Chicago.
Knowing what we know about Joe, it doesn't appear like he would enjoy a long distance relationship. He needs his cuddles on game nights

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
doesnt have the same range.
Doesn't he?

I mean I loved Jok but Joe is a better shooter. He's not a future all star or anything but the areas he lacks aren't exactly Jok's strengths, either.

Jok was asked to do more than Joe his senior season for sure but I'm going to file this one under "unsurprising takes" and move on. I wouldn't bet money on Wieskamp having a career in the league but it doesn't have anything to do with his skill relative to Jok.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Jok also weighed 76 pounds and could not drive the lane in the MVC Lee alone the NBA. I loved him as a shooter but that was about all he did, which was fine.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Wisconsin has 1 and done in the tourney all over them. They need a couple big wins to stay on that 5/6 line. I think they’re in big trouble regardless. They’ll be the most popular 6/11 upset pick.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Wisconsin has 1 and done in the tourney all over them. They need a couple big wins to stay on that 5/6 line. I think they’re in big trouble regardless. They’ll be the most popular 6/11 upset pick.
They just don’t get easy shots. They have decent shooters but don’t get anything at the rim.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
They just don’t get easy shots. They have decent shooters but don’t get anything at the rim.
Between Michigan State and Wisconsin, it seems like forever since a team has been so shitty shooting the ball against Iowa. (lockdown defense) They were horrific. Plus, having a microphone embedded into the rim made it sound even worse.