**Iowa vs. Wisconsin Basketball Thread - 1/6/22 - 8:00pm - FS1**

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Doug, by shutting it off, you missed Iowa making a little run (4 or 5 straight points), getting the ball and heading up the court on a fast break. Ulis got in the lane, was cut off and kicked it out to a wide open white player at the top for 3. But it was Connor and he didn’t shoot it. The entire team sighed and it turned into a half court possession that they didn’t score on.

He was calming the team down.
This is sadly incredibly fucking accurate. Especially the team sigh.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
JBo played 29 fucking minutes.
I don't know where it translated in terms of his minutes played, but he didn't attempt an actual shot from the field until about 35 minutes had run off the game clock.

WTF was going on with him tonight?! Not only was it a big game for his team, but also the one regular season game (& his last, overall) vs Wisconsin this season, IE the team all his brothers played for. He was a huge net negative before he actually made a couple 3s - after the game was decided.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I’d be good with bohannon trying to hunt shots like he did at the end of the game. He’s a much better player when he does that.
The problem is when the defense is trying he can hunt all he wants but rarely gets a clean look. I started to laugh when Fran ran the stupid fucking set with bohannon running the baseline and no secondary action. It was a good 6-7 seconds with multiple guys screening and bohannon couldn't get the slightest bit of space.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I don't even know if Ulis or Perkins is good but if the erratic minute distribution continues I bet one of them leaves.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
I don't where it translated in terms of his minutes played, but he didn't attempt an actual shot from the field until about 35 minutes had run off the game clock.

WTF was going on with him tonight?! Not only was it a big game for his team, but also the one regular season game (& his last, overall) vs Wisconsin this season, IE the team all his brothers played for. He was a huge net negative before he actually made a couple 3s - after the game was decided.
He’s always disappeared against better competition. Maybe worse this year because there’s no Luka drawing the defense towards the post and he’s not comfortable playing off ball.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
So the only person in iowa city not sick of JBo is Fran. Great.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Unless he suffers a major setback [IE injury] before the season is over, there is no way on God's green Earth that Keegan Murray doesn't enter the next NBA Draft.

And who would blame him? This team's ceiling, for next season, is looking very low currently.
Keegan should go.

That said, if he does come back, a good coach in 2022 should be able to sell transfers on playing with a POTY favorite. Bring in multiple battle hardened guys and remake the team to complement Keegan. That’s how this sport works now.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Keegan is definitely leaving. Kenyon pretty much stated as such on TOS.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Unless he suffers a major setback [IE injury] before the season is over, there is no way on God's green Earth that Keegan Murray doesn't enter the next NBA Draft.

And who would blame him? This team's ceiling, for next season, is looking very low currently.
Why? Connor,bohannon, and Ash are all gone. Should be pretty awesome if Keegan is back.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
It’d be a shame if the big ten did something about the tweet and sat Connor down a game.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Reaction score
Davison played a really good game. The fadeaways were unguardable. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a dirty fuckhead, but he plain and simple played a big part in the beatdown.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Reaction score
I thought Josh O and even Mulvey did a great job bodying up those bigs. They need more minutes against teams that are eating us up inside. (Which is most games) Josh O has ridiculous speed running down the middle of the court on the break too. I don’t know what would happen if they ever passed it to him when he was chugging along toward the bucket, though.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They had a small lineup with pat at the 5 for a few minutes in the first half. went after him --- 2 baskets at the rim, and the 3rd he blocked and took coast to coast for one of his awful car-wreck runners that clanked off the rim. He is most frustrating guy on the team for me.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran's had solid rebounding teams before -- because he brought in some guys who weren't soft as tissue under the boards. Too many skinny kids who back down from contact this year. Nunge would have helped a lot.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It was 20-19, Wisconsin scores a couple points, on offense you have Perkins, Keegan and Kris all taking 15-18 foot jumpers. Wisconsin scores a few more points, Patrick attempts a layup where he’s falling away from the basket. Wisconsin is still scoring. Fran finally calls a timeout. Right out of the timeout Kris does some spin move and throws the ball towards the rim but he gets blocked. Wisconsin goes up 13.

The second terrible shot should have been a timeout. That stretch was basically the game.

I still can’t get over Ulis threw that pass to a wide open Connor for 3 and everyone on the court just froze.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I usually go to 3 to 4 games a year. Doubt I go at all this year. Just don’t enjoy this team at all outside of Keagan.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Connor is worthless.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa's rebounding problems were there last year. Garza masked some of it but opponents were averaging 11.5 offensive rebounds and 37 total rebounds a game. This year opponents (half being terrible) are averaging 11.1 offensive rebounds and 36 total rebounds a game. And the blame goes to everyone. In conference (4 games), nobody is averaging over 5 rebounds. Murray, Murray, Pat, and Rebecca are the only players averaging over 3. It's time see if Mulvey and Ogu sink or swim. Sit Connor and limit Rebecca's time against bigs.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I DGAF if Fran is gone. I’m tired of watching a complete disaster on defense.

His sons both suck which doesn’t leave alot of confidence for Jack either at this point.
Been sayin