Jon Miller

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Trying to carve out a niche as a "realist" among the Iowa football media? There does seem to be a need, as even Rob Howe is pandering to KF these days.

Jon Miller ‏@HawkeyeNation
Miller: How Did Iowa Get 'Here'? http://bit.ly/S7Omgg #hawkeyes ('Here' as in barely an average football team)

Reaction score
They are below average. Average teams don't lose to Central Michigan at home.

Reaction score
Of all the Iowa website slap dicks out there, Jon Miller is my favorite.

Mr. Hawk

Traitorous Cunt / Just a smarter NLP
Reaction score
Halo is a greater force than Miller will ever hope to be.

Miller wishes he had Halo's influence. We know it. He knows it.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I think Rick K sucked, but I've heard about enough regarding him having a significant hand in this crap sandwich. Other members of this staff suck too...probably worse. Including our new offensive coordinator.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I think Rick K sucked, but I've heard about enough regarding him having a significant hand in this crap sandwich. Other members of this staff suck too...probably worse. Including our new offensive coordinator.
No, no, no...Jon thinks that Davis has been doing a good job.

It's that kind of giant, weeping vag talk from Jon that makes him a dipshit shill.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Our DL retention and development would have had to have produced 4 Julius Peppers in order to even approach overcoming 3. TD. Passes. and our inability to consistently sustain drives.

Reaction score

It's that kind of giant, weeping vag talk from Jon that makes him a dipshit shill.
If we have receivers running open down the field all game and every play is a horizontal pass, can we really blame that on the OC? Maybe. It is tough to judge the scheme with such a bed wetter running it, however. I don't like the scheme (lack of play action, etc.), but that isn't to say it couldn't have been successful this year if the QB looked downfield once in a while.

Reaction score

If we have receivers running open down the field all game and every play is a horizontal pass, can we really blame that on the OC? Maybe. It is tough to judge the scheme with such a bed wetter running it, however. I don't like the scheme (lack of play action, etc.), but that isn't to say it couldn't have been successful this year if the QB looked downfield once in a while.
Once again, we had the same quarterback last year and he was not afraid to throw the ball downfield. I can only conclude that the new offense/coach ruined him mentally.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Our DL retention and development would have had to have produced 4 Julius Peppers in order to even approach overcoming 3. TD. Passes. and our inability to consistently sustain drives.
In KFs mind, the attrition on the DL has caused not only them to suffer, but the offense as well due to not being tested as much in practice. Given that bulletproof logic, we can certainly expect an extension of Greg Davis and a petition to the NCAA for a 6th year for Vandy.

Reaction score
Anybody else get disgusted at the women who post about football on facebook? like they know wtf they're talking about.

Saw one say that she was glad KOK was gone and that Davis will be an upgrade in no time.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Anybody else get disgusted at the women who post about football on facebook? like they know wtf they're talking about.

Saw one say that she was glad KOK was gone and that Davis will be an upgrade in no time.
I know that having wifi in the whole house is convenient, but it may be time to put up a jammer in the kitchen to get rid of shit like this.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

I know that having wifi in the whole house is convenient, but it may be time to put up a jammer in the kitchen to get rid of shit like this.
HAHAHA.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I believe the 4 are Gettis, McNutt, Reiff and Vandervelde, of which only 1 (Reiff) is actually on a roster.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I believe Gettis is second string for the Redskins.
I was only guessing he wasn't on a roster, I didn't bother to actually look. Seemed like a good guess, though.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
And this years Oline has been fine, even with the injuries 2 weeks ago.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
Four starters from last year are now collecting an NFL paycheck.
Who are they?

Do you think they've been admirably replaced?

Do you think the Oline is a problem this year or worse than last year?
WTF? Do you think McNutt has been adequately replaced? By who? The offensive line absolutely is not as good as last year, especially in pass protection. Marcus Coker also hasn't been adequately replaced, IMO.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Jon laying the blame on the long run v NW on Morris.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
WTF? Do you think McNutt has been adequately replaced? By who? The offensive line absolutely is not as good as last year, especially in pass protection. Marcus Coker also hasn't been adequately replaced, IMO.
It wouldn't matter if we had Jerry Rice in his prime on this team at receiver.

JV wasn't touched for about 3 straight games and has turned into a fainting goat whenever he senses danger.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Jon and notESS are football retarded. Watch Davis, Miller and Hitchens on that play.

The blame chain ...

1. Davis (got his ass destroyed)
2. Miller (hid behind Hitchens)
3. Hitchens (did not move one inch)
4. Morris (may have chosen wrong hole, but if Davis hadn't been destroyed that chasm would not have opened)

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score

JV wasn't touched for about 3 straight games and has turned into a fainting goat whenever he senses danger.
I forgot that Brad Herman is also on an NFL roster. That is a head scratcher, because he was absolutely terrible last year. But there are actually 5 guys off last year's offense getting paid in the NFL this year.

Reaction score
He is not good enough to get all of the snaps like most people on this team, they should work Alston in, but they won't. He was partially to blame for the TD run against Northern Illinois, was made to look bad a couple times in space vs. Iowa State, and was out of position on the same exact run vs. Central Michigan. He gives a good interview I guess.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Four starters from last year are now collecting an NFL paycheck.
Who are they?

Also, Coker was replaced with with Weisman, who is a 100 times better than Marcus.

Bullock is also better than Coker.

Last edited:

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
Who are they?

Also, Coker was replaced with with Weisman, who is a 100 times better than Marcus.

Give me a fucking break.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Miller is better than these fucking hacks on the Hawkeye huddle that's for sure. I mean these guys really fucking suck dick.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score

Give me a fucking break.
I would 100% take Weisman or Bullock over Coker.

It's not even close.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score

Give me a fucking break.
Coker is probably the most over rated Iowa player in the history of Iowa players.
He is a BACK UP at Stony. Brook. A Baaack uuuupp.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Jon and notESS are football retarded. Watch Davis, Miller and Hitchens on that play.

The blame chain ...

1. Davis (got his ass destroyed)
2. Miller (hid behind Hitchens)
3. Hitchens (did not move one inch)
4. Morris (may have chosen wrong hole, but if Davis hadn't been destroyed that chasm would not have opened)
I'm in the Davis blame camp. He got destroyed and fucked that thing up from the beginning. Iowa would have been better if they'd not even had a player in that position for that play because his presence caused a clusterfuck in the front seven. There was a ton of fail in that play but it started with Davis.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score

Give me a fucking break.
Coker is probably the most over rated Iowa player in the history of Iowa players.
He is also currently rated the #11 RB prospect for his class by CBSsports. BTW the guy he is behind at Stony Brook is 2nd in FCS in rushing and will likely be drafted in the 2012 draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/RB

Last edited:

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Give me a fucking break.
He is also currently rated the #11 RB prospect for his class by CBSsports. BTW the guy he is behind at Stony Brook is 2nd in FCS in rushing and will likely be drafted in the 2012 draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/RB

I bet he'll not start for any team, ever.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Give me a fucking break.
I would 100% take Weisman or Bullock over Coker.

It's not even close.
Bullock looked pretty good Saturday. He's a better overall back than Weismann in my opinion. Weismann runs hard but doesn't elude guys and doesn't have breakaway speed and has below avg hands. Bullock is better in all those areas

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

I forgot that Brad Herman is also on an NFL roster. That is a head scratcher, because he was absolutely terrible last year. But there are actually 5 guys off last year's offense getting paid in the NFL this year.

he got hurt early in camp and has been on IR since. do you really think he'd make the Patriots as a TE?

No. 82 New England Patriots
Tight End
Personal information
Date of birth: December 29, 1989 (age 22)
Place of birth: Peoria, Illinois[citation needed]
Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) Weight: 255 lb (116 kg)
Career information
High school: Metamora Township High School
College: Iowa
No regular season or postseason appearances
Career history
New England Patriots (2012–present)
Roster status: waived/injured

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Herman

Last edited:

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Coker was a product of the system. Weisman is much quicker off the snap and they are similar gaining yards after contact. Both don't exactly have Barry Sanders like vision. I agree Bullock is the better all around back, but I think Weisman is the type of back that has better success in a system like Iowa's.

If Coker drops 15 pounds he'd be back into consideration. Last year he was painfully slow to the line and usually ended up butt fucking his tackle for a half yard gain.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Anyone else think that Coker got slower & less explosive after 2010, when he looked like the real deal in games against OSU & Missouri.

Maybe he wasn't healthy, maybe we give our primary RB too many carries...but he looked slow & plodding last year.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Brad Herman also benched 225 a Newsyesque 15 times at the combine. That got a chuckle out of me.

Reaction score
Weisman is Marcus Schnoor 2.0

Bigger body, but like Schnoor runs hard to the hole, no moves, escapability or breakaway speed.

Saying that is 100 times better than Coker is an absolute joke.