Reaction score
Here’s a drive by Castellanos in to deep left field, it’ll be a home run

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Huge excitement for this game.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Noob question - have they dropped the UMKC thing?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
UMKC is usually decent

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Minnesota is going to be terrible. They are 2.5 point dogs to Western Kentucky tonight. Iowa and the over is easy money.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
These teams only have one loss combined on the season so far. If you can’t get excited for this matchup, you don’t enjoy the game of basketball.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Will Fran be there for this one?

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I just don't see us losing this game.

thrawn

Reaction score

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
When I think of Kansas City I think of their large kangaroo population.
I was in Missouri for an audit. I had picked up the auditors from the airport and was driving along when on the sidewalk was a guy walking a kangaroo on a leash. So oddly enough, I do think of kangaroos when I think of Missouri.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I would like Patrick to have a little better plan when he drives into traffic than slam the ball off the backboard and hope it banks in.

2 games in and I think bohannon coming back and Frederick leaving might actually be better for this team.

I want Perkins and Josh O to be contributors…I’m not sure they will be.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
I would like Patrick to have a little better plan when he drives into traffic than slam the ball off the backboard and hope it banks in.

2 games in and I think bohannon coming back and Frederick leaving might actually be better for this team.

I want Perkins and Josh O to be contributors…I’m not sure they will be.
People said that about Peter Jok

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Perkins will be fine and he will be more valuable against Big Ten competition as he was last year.
Yeah he’s been dinged up this year. Being relatively good last year in limited minutes has me not so worried about him.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Perkins will be fine and he will be more valuable against Big Ten competition as he was last year.
He needs to stop talking to the refs but yeah I agree. He’ll get there.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Long way to go, and the way he plays like a complete fucking clown Fran won't be putting him in any game that matters.

Remember, it is 4 mpg for every game Iowa plays, not every game he plays.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Long way to go, and the way he plays like a complete fucking clown Fran won't be putting him in any game that matters.

Remember, it is 4 mpg for every game Iowa plays, not every game he plays.
You’re sucking our cocks as of now mother fucker

Reaction score
I love the pace the team has been playing with. Superior teams are going to be able to limit that better than Kansas City, but this team is going to need to get some cheap buckets consistently without a big post threat or a bevy of outside shooters.

Outstanding passing by the team as a whole. But I also like that Keegan has the attitude that he's always the best option. He's got more of an edge this year.

I thought Toussaint was excellent tonight. If he can consistently hit midrange jumpers like that, it will be a big boost to the offense.

It was nice to see Ulis look to score a bit. It seems like he's got some potential there, but that he's been so focused on running the offense that he doesn't always look for his own opportunities. He's got the ability and I think he'll score more as he continues to get more comfortable.

Patrick really needs to work on a turnaround jumper as a weapon on the drives to the basket when he gets cut off. With his size, he should be able to get some good looks with it.

You could tell Rebraca really wanted to get a shot off from 3. If he can hit that consistently, it would help open up cutting lanes for others. So far, it looks like the baby hook is the only weapon on offense he feels comfortable with, so diversifying his offensive game a bit will be a plus.

Sandfort was moving really well without the ball to get open near the basket. Nice to see him not just camp out beyond the arc.

You can really see what Fran was saying about Kris just needing to get more confidence. There were several plays tonight where Kris was overthinking things or rushing it instead of just trusting his ability. I think he'll get there.

fwiw
peace

douglasbader

Reaction score
It will take a lot longer for this to shake out and I think the initial KenPom numbers to flush through, but as of now Iowa is #20 with the #9 offense and #58 defense.

Stay anywhere close to those numbers and Iowa will have a fun season.