**Lindsey Wilson College vs. Iowa - 11/4/19 - 7pm - BTN+**

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Rebounding stunk last night. I wouldn't think that would be an issue with our size, but who knows. I think Kriener will have more good moments/games than bad this season. I mean, he's a back up center, it's not like we need him to be great. His energy and versatility will be a plus as the season goes on. Garza looked skinnier/quicker to me, is that weird? Did anyone else notice? My feed wasn't great so I might not be the best judge. Patrick is gonna be a fucking stud, especially in this system. Connor was fine but I really hope Toussaint and Evelyn can play well and eat into his minutes.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I wouldn’t really count on Evelyn providing anything other than guard depth

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
Rebounding stunk last night. I wouldn't think that would be an issue with our size, but who knows. I think Kriener will have more good moments/games than bad this season. I mean, he's a back up center, it's not like we need him to be great. His energy and versatility will be a plus as the season goes on. Garza looked skinnier/quicker to me, is that weird? Did anyone else notice? My feed wasn't great so I might not be the best judge. Patrick is gonna be a fucking stud, especially in this system. Connor was fine but I really hope Toussaint and Evelyn can play well and eat into his minutes.
Yeah, I thought the rebounding wasn't great but somewhat in their defense the other team was chucking some long range wild shots leading to weird bounces. Still wasn't good though.

Garza is easily in the best shape he has ever been in and think it is because he had the whole summer to get healthy and stronger / quicker. Remember last year he had that surgery to remove the growth in his stomach and then he fucked his ankle up in December. It hurt him the whole year.

Reaction score
Joe T is quick as advertised, but he was out of control last night. He isn’t ready to run the offense quite yet, but he and Evelyn were playing some good defense. There was a sequence in the first half where those two alone basically caused a shot clock violation.

I’m feeling it move thinking about Bohannon, Wieskamp and CJ from the 3 point line this season. There are going to be some games like the Illinois game last season where we just bury teams with our shooting.

Thought Patrick looked really good running the floor on the break and he will be an exciting player to watch.

All in all, as Doug stated, seems like Kriener is going to be the frustrating player this season. Hopefully with Pemsl back and Nunge/Garza, he won’t have to see the floor as often (but let’s not get our hopes up).

Trying to remain calm about last night considering it was an awful team that they played. But it was like when you watch the NBA Summer League. There are some things to overlook, but there are things that translate like when someone is quick, someone has a great shot, someone plays hard D, etc.

Iowa looked pretty damn good last night and I’m very pumped for the season.
Is JoeT more of a Kevin Smith or a Brian Garner?

(joking, but that's the first thing the reports from last night made me thing of... after a few years of slow white PGs Iowa recruits a quick black kid, I remember this pattern from the early 90s. It never worked out quite like the fans (or Dr Tom) hoped. Maybe he's more DeanO than Smith/Garner, or somewhere in the middle like Glasper.)

Also, CJ sounds just like what the doctor ordered for what Fran needs. I saw all of the references to weight he put on in the offseason...but the pictures I saw with an article, he still looked skinny with undefined arms. Did he look stronger in person/on video, or is he still going to have problems being pushed around when conference play starts?
Weren't you the one that based his weight gain off of a picture from his freshman season?

Reaction score
I heard the comment about Patrick’s shooting but there’s no way that’s true. You don’t suddenly go from a mid-20’s 3pt shooter in high school to the best shooter on a big ten team with good shooters.
I’m sure they made it up.
If you watched the game, you heard them make up several other comments as well
LOL, yep Rob Brooks made it up and then continued the lie by saying the coaches chart every shot in practice.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
What was the Patrick shooting comment that was made?

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Joe T is quick as advertised, but he was out of control last night. He isn’t ready to run the offense quite yet, but he and Evelyn were playing some good defense. There was a sequence in the first half where those two alone basically caused a shot clock violation.

I’m feeling it move thinking about Bohannon, Wieskamp and CJ from the 3 point line this season. There are going to be some games like the Illinois game last season where we just bury teams with our shooting.

Thought Patrick looked really good running the floor on the break and he will be an exciting player to watch.

All in all, as Doug stated, seems like Kriener is going to be the frustrating player this season. Hopefully with Pemsl back and Nunge/Garza, he won’t have to see the floor as often (but let’s not get our hopes up).

Trying to remain calm about last night considering it was an awful team that they played. But it was like when you watch the NBA Summer League. There are some things to overlook, but there are things that translate like when someone is quick, someone has a great shot, someone plays hard D, etc.

Iowa looked pretty damn good last night and I’m very pumped for the season.

(joking, but that's the first thing the reports from last night made me thing of... after a few years of slow white PGs Iowa recruits a quick black kid, I remember this pattern from the early 90s. It never worked out quite like the fans (or Dr Tom) hoped. Maybe he's more DeanO than Smith/Garner, or somewhere in the middle like Glasper.)

Also, CJ sounds just like what the doctor ordered for what Fran needs. I saw all of the references to weight he put on in the offseason...but the pictures I saw with an article, he still looked skinny with undefined arms. Did he look stronger in person/on video, or is he still going to have problems being pushed around when conference play starts?
Weren't you the one that based his weight gain off of a picture from his freshman season?
Seems unlikely

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Well, it’s good to know that Connor had a strong start in summer league baseball before hurting his wrist.

Reaction score

Seems unlikely
While I don't doubt that he improved his athleticism and gained weight during his redshirt year...that's a hell of an unimpressive "after" picture.

Good thing that is literally the before picture.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Seems unlikely
While I don't doubt that he improved his athleticism and gained weight during his redshirt year...that's a hell of an unimpressive "after" picture.

PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Seems unlikely

PWN denied. I don't see where I based his weight gain off of a picture. Still an unimpressive picture.