**Lindsey Wilson College vs. Iowa - 11/4/19 - 7pm - BTN+**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
We didn't even make it a single possession without the camera guy forgetting to move the camera and follow the action.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
CJ Frederick is about to shock Halo.

douglasbader

Reaction score
CJ can shoot. Pretty and effortless shot.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fucking Student U camera guy fucking sucks.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Wieskamp from NBA three and hits nothing but net.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Garza is going to have so much room to work inside. CJ reminds me of a player Wisconsin normally gets. Makes shots and looks to know where to be on defense.

Revolver

Reaction score
I have liked what I’ve seen out of this lineup, but let’s get Evelyn and Touissant in there.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fuck CJ looks pretty fucking good.

Reaction score
Much rather have cj on the court than moss just based on a few minutes.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Nunge dunked on a dude in the half court.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The African-American players are in.

Revolver

Reaction score
I know they’re playing some shit school, but fuck me I am really loving this squad so far.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Toussaint can jump, is fast an can get into the lane.

Revolver

Reaction score
Touissant is quick!

Revolver

Reaction score
HahahahahahahahahH they are doing a StubHub “move of the game”. They’re moving two of the 60 fans in attendance to some of the best seats in the house!!!!

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
None of this is relevant

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lol at saying NONE OF IT!!! is relevant. They could be in an empty gym and in basketball there are things you can tell by just watching them do a shell drill.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Also, Nunge bulked the fuck up. I’m officially intrigued by this roster.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
This team can be really good if it gets a healthy bohannon at some point.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I already like this roster better. There is way more flexibility. I've hated Pemsl the last couple years but he is still very skilled. If you play him with Nunge and a bunch of shooter I think he can look more like he did as a freshman.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Here are my initial hot take thoughts from an exhibition game against a girl none of us ever heard of....

- Wieskamp and Garza look like we expected them to. Both likely All-Big Ten players and the core players everything will flow through.
- CJ Fredrick was the big surprise. His shot was pretty not only release and form, but because his legs are always set. He defends, is smart and athletic. The anti-Moss.
- Nunge looks much bigger, dunked on people in the half court, rebounded and has a nice shot.
- Connor had a nice three, but man he makes some stupid fucking decisions and had 3 terrible turnovers.
- Toussaint is by far the quickest guard Fran has had at Iowa and he can defend. Was awesome seeing him blow by people and get to the rim.
- Evelyn was the most disappointing but likely shouldn't be surprising. He is a mid-major transfer that can't shoot. He can play defense and handle the ball so that is a good thing.
- Patrick looks like a freshman at times, but he is athletic and talented and can fly on the break. Brings an element that we haven't had since Aaron White.
- bohannon looked fine. You could tell he was deferring on purpose and being somewhat careful, but encouraged by how healthy he looks already. They can protect him early.
- Kreiner is the lone dumbfuck left on the team and he is a black hole. He will have games where he gets his 18 points, but ultimately the most frustrating player on the team.

I was encouraged overall even against an NAIA team. They have multiple shooters, good athletes, smart players, quick guards that can defend, size on the inside (especially when Pemsl comes back), should be elite on offense and much improved on defense.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Lot of white going on out there between the jerseys, tights, and of course skin.

Frederick and Nunge look to be what I hoped they would after a redshirt year. Nunges ability to shoot is going to make life much easier on Garza with room to operate inside.

Interior defense is going to be a problem once again but hopefully some of the newcomers can provide better perimeter defense than we've seen in past seasons.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement with Doug on Kriener being a big stupid fuck.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement with Doug on Kriener being a big stupid fuck.
It sucks because he limits lineup combinations. I want to see this team go small at times with Weiskamp and Patrick at the 3-4 but Fran's loyalty and line changes probably mean we get 15+ minutes of Kriener instead.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Anyone got a box score?

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Evelyn coming in and not overly impressing or starting is encouraging. That’s how it should be anyway based on his background, but him dominating would be a pretty big red flag. Glad that appears to not be the case.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
The jerseys look feminine.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Maybe I am way off on this and would like to hear what @HiawathaHawk , @CamelTones and others think, but can't see the offense being less than Top 20 level.

If the defense can be what I think it can be with this group, they should be a lot better than anyone nationally expects.

Reaction score
Maybe I am way off on this and would like to hear what @HiawathaHawk , @CamelTones and others think, but can't see the offense being less than Top 20 level.

If the defense can be what I think it can be with this group, they should be a lot better than anyone nationally expects.
If bohannon is close to normal, they probably should be. KenPom has them 7th in offense preseason, the defense 101st. For the overall season our three least efficient players were Cook, Moss and Dailey. Dailey didn't have much of an impact with his limited role. Baer will be the tough one for a replacement to match. Nunge won't draw fouls at the rate Cook did but I expect him to be a better offensive player. I didn't see tonight, but good to hear the positives on C.J.

The biggest unknown is Toussaint and Evelyn handling the ball. Worst case scenario offensively is probably bohannon being hurt, those two committing a bunch of turnovers while not shooting well and Pemsl/Kriener getting too many minutes and being the worst versions of themselves.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nunge looks huge

Connor looks huge

Joe T is completely stacked already

Kriener looks like he drank beer on his dads boat all summer.

with the new uniforms I had a weird flashback to Chris Street when after a made basket Patrick immediately started guarding the inbounds pass like a spaz.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

If bohannon is close to normal, they probably should be. KenPom has them 7th in offense preseason, the defense 101st. For the overall season our three least efficient players were Cook, Moss and Dailey. Dailey didn't have much of an impact with his limited role. Baer will be the tough one for a replacement to match. Nunge won't draw fouls at the rate Cook did but I expect him to be a better offensive player. I didn't see tonight, but good to hear the positives on C.J.

The biggest unknown is Toussaint and Evelyn handling the ball. Worst case scenario offensively is probably bohannon being hurt, those two committing a bunch of turnovers while not shooting well and Pemsl/Kriener getting too many minutes and being the worst versions of themselves.
In what way? Defensively he was all or nothing. It was either a block/steal or a layup for the other team. If Patrick can just stay if front of his guy defensively that is probably a net positive. Offensively Baer was a spot up shooter that couldn't dribble. I don't really see that as something that this team can't replace.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Nunge looks huge

Connor looks huge

with the new uniforms I had a weird flashback to Chris Street when after a made basket Patrick immediately started guarding the inbounds pass like a spaz.
Guarding the inbounds like a sloppy hustle psychopath was a Dr. Tom specialty. Bring that back and the fake airball pass.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Nunge looks huge

Connor looks huge

Guarding the inbounds like a sloppy hustle psychopath was a Dr. Tom specialty. Bring that back and the fake airball pass.
And the 7-10 split pickup entry bounce pass