Make your case for your fav Iowa qb ever

Wild Onion

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite is a different question than who is the greatest. Chuck Long is the greatest, and it's not really all that close. He very nearly won the Heisman Trophy over Bo Jackson. That alone should put him at the top.

Banks was great, but also had the greatest offensive line in the history of college football in front of him.

For just pure fun to watch: Tate or CJB.

Honorable mention for watching Dan McGwire warm up.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Favorite is a different question than who is the greatest. Chuck Long is the greatest, and it's not really all that close. He very nearly won the Heisman Trophy over Bo Jackson. That alone should put him at the top.

Banks was great, but also had the greatest offensive line in the history of college football in front of him.

For just pure fun to watch: Tate or CJB.

Honorable mention for watching Dan McGwire warm up.
I don’t remember Long or McGwire but I agree with this. Tate and Beathard are my two favorites. I wish they could have played with real receivers for their senior seasons.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Nathan Chandler was fun to watch run when he had full head of steam

Last edited:

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Here is the definitive list....

Long
Banks
Tate
Beathard
Stanley
Rodgers
Hartlieb
Rudock
McCann
Chandler

Many others.
That's the list of the best, no doubt. But the question was favorite. Reiners!!!!

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
George Lewis, just because his dad sat behind me one game and every time he made a play would stand up and scream "GEEORRGEE LEWWWISSS" and do the air brake motion.

thrawn

Reaction score
George Lewis, just because his dad sat behind me one game and every time he made a play would stand up and scream "GEEORRGEE LEWWWISSS" and do the air brake motion.
Iowa has had some good LB groups but Hodge/Greenway/Lewis/Miles was my favourite.

Morris/Hitchens/Kirksey would probably have to be the best. Latter two have had decent NFL careers.

HoundedHawk

STILL LURKS BUT DELETED ALL OF HIS CONTENT
Reaction score

Last edited:

HoundedHawk

Reaction score

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The things I really remember about that game were the booing and that insane Marquise Walker catch. It was obvious that Iowa team was on the rise though and they got their revenge and then some the next year.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Wasn’t Chris Oliver wide open on 4th down late in that game that McCann missed which resulted in the famous photo of McCann face down in the Kinnick turf?

My stepdad tried calling into the post game show after that game but the wait time was insane.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Haha just found a highlight and he sure did. It was no 2018 Penn St overthrow of Hockenson by Stanley but it wasn’t good. That and the 08 Pitt debacle are right up there for overall outrage by the fanbase that I’ve seen.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Wasn’t Chris Oliver wide open on 4th down late in that game that McCann missed which resulted in the famous photo of McCann face down in the Kinnick turf?

My stepdad tried calling into the post game show after that game but the wait time was insane.
How many lines was nolook trying to call in on?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Haha just found a highlight and he sure did. It was no 2018 Penn St overthrow of Hockenson by Stanley but it wasn’t good. That and the 08 Pitt debacle are right up there for overall outrage by the fanbase that I’ve seen.
Michigan and Florida in 2005 were similar, but those were officiating disasters.

thrawn

Reaction score
Favourite part of the booing is people saying they weren't booing McCann, just the decision to play McCann.

HoundedHawk

Reaction score

Last edited:

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Why didn't you boo when Jake went back in over Stanzi in the 2nd half of the MSU game?
because he probably wasn’t at the Pittsburgh game, which was the one you were referencing, in Pittsburgh, you dipshit

HoundedHawk

Reaction score

Last edited: