**Maryland vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/10/19 - 6pm - FS1**

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
That block by Toussaint was incredible. Hopefully he'll be a great spark plug off the bench the next three years because he's got a long ways to go before being a primary PG.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That block by Toussaint was incredible. Hopefully he'll be a great spark plug off the bench the next three years because he's got a long ways to go before being a primary PG.
Nah, he doesn't have that far to go. He is everything that Fran needs from a PG once he flushes out his freshman bullshit.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I get where you’re coming from with this because he makes plenty of bonehead freshman mistakes and is an inconsistent shooter at best. With that said, he has the athleticism and ability to drive that we’ve all been wanting for years from the PG position. Take the good with the bad this year and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised in the future. He absolutely can be the guy we need at PG the next few years and I think he will be.

Reaction score
That was awesome but still doesn't make any sense. We beat a top 12 team by 18 while we played sloppy for most of the night and the ball seemed slippery as hell. 18 turnovers, shot well from 3 but 37% from 2 and only had 2 guys hit more than 2 field goals. Basically just out hustled them and had active hands on defense when they weren't tight with it.

I thought the defense was very solid but obviously benefited from their their carelessness. That team is so loaded with talent, has to drive their fans nuts to see that. Great to see Joe bounce back with a more aggressive game. Toussaint will continue to have wow moments good and bad, hopefully stabilizes a little more in a few weeks but damn he's fun to watch when he's right. Evelyn's numbers are bad but he's huge as a steady guy when we need it. Everyone else was pretty much what we expected.

Big fucking win. Hopefully get CJ back in the next week because this team plays their balls off and is fun to watch if they can hit shots.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
That was awesome but still doesn't make any sense. We beat a top 12 team by 18 while we played sloppy for most of the night and the ball seemed slippery as hell. 18 turnovers, shot well from 3 but 37% from 2 and only had 2 guys hit more than 2 field goals. Basically just out hustled them and had active hands on defense when they weren't tight with it.

I thought the defense was very solid but obviously benefited from their their carelessness. That team is so loaded with talent, has to drive their fans nuts to see that. Great to see Joe bounce back with a more aggressive game. Toussaint will continue to have wow moments good and bad, hopefully stabilizes a little more in a few weeks but damn he's fun to watch when he's right. Evelyn's numbers are bad but he's huge as a steady guy when we need it. Everyone else was pretty much what we expected.

Big fucking win. Hopefully get CJ back in the next week because this team plays their balls off and is fun to watch if they can hit shots.
I’ll help you make sense of tonight’s game.

Maryland shot 18% from 3.

You’re welcome

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Mac needs to use his 'Twitter vocabulary' on the BTN+ broadcasts.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Can't wait watch the dvr of this game, since I had to miss it live.

After the last two games, just seeing the score/box/recap for this one....

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Good to see the Muskie being more aggressive.
Impressive how Luka can avoid foul trouble playing inside so many minutes.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
When Wieskamp came out as timid as ever for the first few minutes and that big guy blocked Garza, I thought we were in for a long night. That Maryland team seemingly made at least one stupid play per possession. Not much team ball being played and stupid shot after stupid shot. Turgeon had the same look on his face Fran had at Nebrantska. He could tell they didn’t have it and were not going to win that game.

Agree with Bardo saying that he loved the emotion from Wieskamp. And Joe T can be so reckless at times, but that guy has “it”. He is constantly jawing at everyone and playing his ass off. The game will eventually slow down for him and he is going to be one of the great Hawkeyes by the time it’s all said and done. Great win after it looked like we were headed down a bad path this season.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Barring injury, Garza will be the all-time leading scorer at Iowa. Next year's team will be the best at Iowa in the last 30 years.

If these guys can find a way to get healthy and into the tourney this year, they can do some damage.

Bring it in!

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Barring injury, Garza will be the all-time leading scorer at Iowa. Next year's team will be the best at Iowa in the last 30 years.

If these guys can find a way to get healthy and into the tourney this year, they can do some damage.

Bring it in!
Agreed, and this is why I cannot imagine Garza leaving after this season when his likely landing spot is playing in Europe.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
It's kind of amazing how well we are doing with really only two good players.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
What abt gesells bowl cut